xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2lite2.3 Double Reboot And Frag  (Read 141 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
X2lite2.3 Double Reboot And Frag
« on: December 20, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »

most likely its your LPC points, double check all of those

also possible is a corrupt/incoimpatible bios or no bios on the chip, did you flash it before installing or does it still have the cromwell on it?

sonnyz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 12:30:00 AM »

im having the same problem, ive installed a X2.1 i think along time ago in my xbox and 3 X2.2's in friends xboxes since then, all worked fine first time. well i got my first 2.3 chip for a friend and it reboots 2 times then frags, ive resoldered my header pins 2 times and the d0 piont more times than i can count, still it does the same thing and my solder looks great, no leaking onto other traces or touching any other point. the chip boots fine and all lights come on like they should.

i dont know if the chip i have has a bios but im assuming it has the cromwell on it and the box im puting it in is a 1.4 i think, focus chip and from usa. im also assuming that when the mod is working properly it should boot, eject the tray with no video output and it should let me do my thing with the bios. its probly something stupid im overlooking but i dont know that that would be.....
help......

i think im starting to go insane and i do feel better knowing im not the only one with this problem, but from what ive read here i havent seen a definitive answer on the solution and im am kinda hopeing for one here and everyone will be happy and the subject will never be brought up again, i was proud to say i had everything work the first time before and now i cant say that, grrrrrrrrr. everything is hooked up right but it doesnt work, why, WHY, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!!!!!
4:00 in the morning, cant think any more, must scream...............................................................................................................................................................................................................
ok i feel better, now if someone could give me a few pointers and help me solve this delema i would feel MUCH better and it will be GREATLY APPRICIATED!!!!!

thank you and have a good morning.......

darkhalcyon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 09:05:00 AM »

I have almost the same problem.  It boots twice then frags, no matter what.  When I unplug the chip it boots normally.  This is my fourth install(first 2.3 lite) so it should not be a big deal.  Any help would be appreciated.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 10:40:00 AM »

I think i have the same problem.
i bought my chip from the same place as i have in the past and its reccomended by xbox-emulation.co.uk so is quite safe

ive installed 2.2pros before but this is my first 2.3lite. i followed the guide and my soldering is fine.

the box works with the chip disabled but when the chip is enabled the screen goes black the xbox goes on then off then back on and the lights flash green and red but the screen stays blank.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

gsgleason

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 04:57:00 AM »

did you use header pins or wire install?  I have read that some people with the wire install had problems and solved them by connecting the little part you use to go to D0/ground with the headerpin in conjunction with the wire install one.

gsgleason

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

since you're using header pins nevermind.

rugrat

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 03:24:00 AM »

I had all of the above probs on one install (and I have done over 250+ )
and what I found was I had to remove the pin header and one of the tracks on the top side of board next to pin 1 was cut but I could only see this when aplying my jewelers glass so check it out, it does mean removing pin header unfortunatley..

RoboChicken

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2003, 01:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (RoboChicken @ Dec 24 2003, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (RoboChicken @ Dec 22 2003, 02:16 PM)
Resoldered everything and redid my ground points with no change. The blue lights on the modchip turn on. The switch light is red when off and xbox boots normally that way. When enabled the light is green and I get the doublereboot+FRAG still. I have an Xecuter Lite 2.2 in another XBOX - maybe I can swap it out and see if it works. I was also thinking of buying a programmer but I hear you have to short two points and connect the modchip to the programmer with a wire.

Swapped my working 2.2 lite for my 2.3 lite and it didn't power on. Probably because 2.3 pulls power from USB. Anyway, I'm going to desolder the headerpins and try a wire install. If that dosen't work i'm returning my chip.

Problem solved! biggrin.gif

- Desoldered header pins
- Completed wire install
- Soldered down the ground ring that I stripped
- Successfully soldered my first top D0 (stuck the wire in the hole)
- Cut the two wires normally going to USB power and soldered them to LPC6

Grounds and wireconnections on 2.3 are in awkward places so I couldn't stick the chip to the side so it's just laying there. Other than that i'm happy, my friends happy and the world is a better place!

beerchug.gif

RoboChicken

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 10:42:00 PM »

To elaborate a little:

- Desoldered header pins
- Used the wire install instead
- Soldered down the ground ring that I stripped (couldn't screw it in anymore)
- Screwed "circuitboard ground thingy" to screw hole closest to controller port 1
(Originally I had tried to screw in the ground ring and the circuitboard ground thingy on the same screw hole)
- Soldered wire to top D0 instead of bottom D0
- Cut the two wires normally going to USB power and soldered them to LPC6
(I skinned the wires, twisted them together and soldered them into the LPC hole right above the missing hole.)

Location of LPC6 (as Xeero has kindly pointed out for me):

10---9
8----7
6----5
2---[1]