xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Lba48 Support Released (beta)!  (Read 1911 times)

ltoolio

• Archived User
Lba48 Support Released (beta)!
« on: January 02, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (InsideMan @ Dec 20 2003, 01:50 PM)
Are you on drugs...? That much writing  sad.gif

That's a rather bold comment to make from someone who has 14 posts replying to someone who has over 2500 posts.

Reading the stuff here (and in the tutorials section) will answer 99.9% of your questions.

KiLaHuRtZ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

haven't been around much guys, but i agree with those cluster numbers.  I actually like having many smaller partitions. personally i believe it is most logical.  for example if you have on giat partition and one "part" of it becomes corrupt or bad you will lose all your data. having a few smaller ones allows for some redundancy so if one partition goes "bad" you only lose a portion of your data. on this note i was also currious if there is any way to impliment ntfs for the xbox?

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

ok just to make sure, if i'm getting a new unformatted HDD that's bigger than 137 gb (let's say 250 gb), can i have one large F drive, or would i need that G drive?

KAC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

uhh.gif

CIder

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 16 2004, 01:56 AM)
ok just to make sure, if i'm getting a new unformatted HDD that's bigger than 137 gb (let's say 250 gb), can i have one large F drive, or would i need that G drive?

Just what I was planning on doing. Is this possible?.

Deezle

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (CIder @ Jan 23 2004, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 16 2004, 01:56 AM)

Just what I was planning on doing. Is this possible?.

Of course it's possible. Reading the whole thread would be helpful.  wink.gif But you should use also a g-drive, because there are problems with very large partitions. At the moment it is assumed, that only partitions >274 GB are affected. But would YOU like to find out if the limit is lower?  tongue.gif

Greetz,

Deezle

sprkthead2

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (InsideMan @ Dec 20 2003, 01:50 PM)
Are you on drugs...? That much writing  sad.gif

Read...read read

stealth

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (oz_paulb @ Dec 8 2003, 02:16 PM)

It's not about FATX, but does list a limit to the # of clusters on FAT32 as: 268435456.  That's a 28-bit limit, which (like a 24-bit limit) doesn't make much sense (to me).

The reason for the 28-bit limit is simple.

fat32 (and fatx32) cluster map entries are 32bit.  The high 4bits are reserved.  32-4 = 28.

This means that clusters > 2^28 cannot be addressed by a FAT32 table.

Here's the quote from the MS white paper on the subject:

The high 4 bits of a FAT32 FAT entry are reserved. The only time that the high 4 bits of FAT32 FAT entries should ever be changed is when the volume is formatted, at which time the whole 32-bit FAT entry should be zeroed, including the high 4 bits.

A 24 bit limit doesn't make sense to me though.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (ExxonTsunami @ Jan 15 2004, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (oz_paulb @ Dec 19 2003, 01:10 PM)
I'm currently doing some testing on a 320GB drive, but my test app is very slow.  I think it'll be several days before I have any results.  I'll update this thread once I have a better idea on where the corruption boundary is.

Just curious to know if you've been able to reproduce any problems during your testing?

So far things are going quite well with my nearly full 300GB drive (with F and G partitions).

Of course, now that I've said this in a public forum, hard drive corruption is imminent...

With an F and G drive, you shouldn't have any problems,

SKllZ

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

Hello,

I’ve read this whole thread I think I have a good idea on what to do but I want to make sure that I’m not going to miss up anything…I have a 120 Maxtor hard drive in my Xbox now I already backed up all my games and apps on my computer so I really don’t care about reformatting my new 250 WD hard drive since its empty…I have a Xecuter 2.3 Pro with Cromwell flashed back on it and I have a copy of Xecuter 4978.03 with LBA48 patch added to it(done by XBTOOLS) and have the slayer 2.5 installer DVD…just to give a quick run threw on what I’m going to do please tell me if anything is wrong! First I’m going to flash my chip with Xecuter 4978.03 with LBA48 reboot to the Slayer installer chose the large hard drive install after that reboot with out the DVD in and everything should be working right?? I thought the Slayer installer installs a new BIOS as well is this true too? Thanks for all the good reply and tips in this whole thread.

Luke

SKllZ

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »

Well I have good and bad news…First with the bad news after I got home from work I decided to upgrade the 120 Hard Drive to the 250 so I took my Xbox apart and had it sitting on my desk ready to install the new bios “Xecuter 4981.06” with the cross over cables plugged in I went to put the disc in and tripped over the damn cable and down went the Xbox right on top of the Hard Drive! Next thing I knew my screen went black and the Hard Drive made this loud noise almost like it was about to blow up tried to turn it back on and got an error so the Hard Drive is broke. Lucky I had backed up all my games to my computer and that I had the retail hard drive with evox installed on it…

Now for the good news…I still have the receipt for the hard drive and they’re going to replace it! After putting the retail hard drive in I made a evox cd with the Xecuter 4981.06 to flash my bios flashed fine next I put in the WD 250GB hard Drive then put the slayer installer disc in, installed the large hard drive everything with fine booted it back up and drive F: only showed 163GB then I remembered that I had to reformat…booted it up again now the F: drive shows 241GB ran the installer again with the Large hard drive option and everything is working fine!

I just wanted to thanks everyone that posted on this thread with out you I would be lost and no be able to get this working, Thanks again.

Luke

ProfessorTech

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »

Okay.. I just read the last 20 pages of this thing but I see no source code... Have you gotten around to releasing the source code yet?

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

Okay.. I just read the last 20 pages of this thing but I see no source code... Have you gotten around to releasing the source code yet?

Maybe it contains some kind of m$ code?

greengiant

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »

yes, where is the source?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16