xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Help, No Video  (Read 237 times)

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« on: June 06, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »

Okay, this is truly bizarre.  I have been working on my modded Xbox and several others for well over a year now, and this is the first time I have encountered something like this.

My Xbox was having some problems with a bad solder point on the board.  I knew exactly which one it was and quickly fixed it.  I wanted to make sure everything was working so I booted up my box real quick and it worked fine with video and audio.

So, I figured I would just screw the board back in and put everything back together.  After I got all the screws back in and the hardrive and DVD-ROM in place I booted it up again real quick to make sure there were no problems.

It booted all the way up to the dashboard (I could tell because I have a sound that plays when the dashboard is loaded), but there was no video.

At first I was certain that it must be either a bad cable or I simply didn't have my connections right.  Since then I have tested my Xbox with 3 other cables on several TVs.  Nothing works.  My Xbox just boots up to the dashboard and the TV says "No Signal".  There is no flicker or anything.  

Nothing Happens.

I took the entire thing apart and check for an solder splash, but I have been doing this for a very long time and have always been careful so I didn't expect to find any and so far I haven’t, and onto of all that it seams very unlikely because the ONLY THING that changed from the point where my Xbox was working perfectly fine to the point where the video died was the fact that I simply screwed it into the case.  That’s it.

Thanks for your help...

psychomonkey

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

I had this happen on Sunday. I unplugged my xbox because I figured I would just take it in to Best Buy and get it exchanged (warrenty), but the next morning it worked fine and has been going strong since.

I suggest giving it a rest. Who knows what is wrong, but maybe letting the RAM run out of power and clear out does the trick. That or it's a capacitator thing..after a while those lose power too, who knows.

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 11:47:00 AM »

Well I let it sit overnight for like...I dunno...9 hours or so before I messed with it again.  I tried brushing off the bottom of the board to get any kinda of small loose conductive objects out of there and right now its running on a static bag so nothing coud be shorting out.

Its still not working.

If anyone has any advice please let me know.

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 01:33:00 AM »

Okay, I have an update.  My xbox works when I hook it up to my VGA (X2VGA puts my xbox in HD mode) adapter. This makes me think that it must be some sort of configuration problem.  Once again I get absolutly no signal when I hook my xbox to my TV through my RCA cables.

If anyone has any advice let me know.

sturdycracker

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »

I also an having problems with my video. The xbox has never been modded or tried to be modded and for some reason the video never comes up .. even thouhg i know its booted because i can hear the background.

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

Hmm, well we might have the same problem, but you would first need to check and see if your xbox works in HD mode or not.

I never really thought that it would have been a possiblity.  I figured no video meant NO VIDEO, but it apears there is just a problem with the standard RCA out, and that High Definition output is fine.  Wierd.

Anways, I am still looking for a solution.  I have tried restoring my EEprom from a back up I had, but that did nothing.  This has to be some kind of setting or somthing.  I really don't see how any physical damage could have caused this, but I guess anything is possible....

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »

I would recommend trying it with somthing that puts your xbox into HD mode. A VGA adaptor such as the one I mentioned earlier (X2VGA) or the off the shelf HD pack from MS on a HD tv.

This worked for me.  At least I can get video working, but I am no close to getting it working standard AV cables.

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

Well, I really doubt that it is my cable or the port for that matter.  I have tried my xbox with two other cables that have and still work fine with the xboxs that they belong to, and my xbox works just as it should when I hook it up to my X2VGA.  I mean I don't have to twist, bend, or bump anything it works just exactly the way it should.  I turn on the xbox and it shows me either the bios booting just as it always does.

Its just my RCA output that is screwed up and it has to either be physical damage to an extremely specific part of the board or setting that i know nothing aobut.

Somone must have a solution...please help!

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 11:56:00 PM »

Okay, does anyone have an idea as to what could have caused this, or better yet a solution?

Once again:

* My xbox will NOT output any video when I use the retail AV cable.
* Everything works fine including video if I use my X2VGA adaptor with my 21' monitor.
* This problem began right after I had finished making some simple sodler reapairs to my mod chip.  I then tested my xbox and all was well.  After screwing in the board with ALL the screws I tested my box again and the problem bagan.

Thanks for your help.

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 04:54:00 AM »

bump

come on somone must have some opinion or insight.  I really need help here.

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

bump

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 03:26:00 AM »

Well, if you are having the same problem as me it couldn't be your eeprom.  I restored mine from a back up and nothing changed.

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

bump, Anyone?

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »

come on... I mean I just want theories, I can't be theonly on having this problem.

jocose

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

Not sure, you problem doesn't sound related to mine though.  I still havn't figured out what could have caused somthing so specific on my box.  Anways I am STILL waiting for ANY ideas I MEAN ANYTHING that people could suggest.

I am only looking for realistic options, or tests, or anything I could do to either solve this puzzle of out right fix my problem.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5