xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: New Hdtv Pack From Ms  (Read 191 times)

dtadpole

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2004, 12:21:00 AM »

Those M$ cables look sweet!  I need me a set,  buy.com is out of them (backordered) anyone ordered them from anywhere else?

rockstardaddy

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

If I get the cable with the optical out, will that optical cable carry the hd video and audio? I know my hd tv has an optical in that's not being used!?!?

ChrisF

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

Toslink optical cables are only for audio.  They can deliver DD 5.1 etc...  You still need the video cables (specifically the three component cables in the HD pack as once you have the optical the 2 standard audio cables are redundant and inferior unless you have some need for alternative sound).

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (rockstardaddy @ Oct 28 2004, 02:59 PM)
If I get the cable with the optical out, will that optical cable carry the hd video and audio? I know my hd tv has an optical in that's not being used!?!?

That's an optical output on your TV not an input.  dry.gif

BaumSquad

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (dtadpole @ Oct 28 2004, 08:24 AM)
Those M$ cables look sweet!  I need me a set,  buy.com is out of them (backordered) anyone ordered them from anywhere else?

I got a set from NewEgg.com, so that's an option.  Didn't know I was getting the new ones, but they had it for a good price, so I went for it.  They seem pretty nice, and I'm glad I didn't get the breakout box.  This is a better for my particular situation...

Xbox HDTV Pack at NewEgg

DeadmanINC

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

Anyone try the MadCatz Digital A/V cables?  They're suppose to have component out.

Scaramanga

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

Nice, the old HD pack barely has space at the back of my tv because of this "box".
It also seems alot easier to take it to a friend rather than taking a box and 5 cables.

djkym

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

sorry to ask (cuz its prolly been asked before), but w/ all the right hdtv fixins, do movies come out much better too?

thanks,
dk

nfs911

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

This is M$ product, I saw in stores yesterday.

JMan8108

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »

can someone throw me a link? thx in advance

nfs911

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

Just called xbox tech support, they said they haven't heard of it ever, they dont know what it is. Maybe is a 3rd party that looks just like M$.

gamerguy999

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

That looks like a 3rd party product to me. Maybe some third party is making them and also making the packaging to look the same as the official MS packaging. That just doesn't look like a MS product to me.

ChrisF

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (nfs911 @ Nov 28 2004, 09:32 PM)
Just called xbox tech support, they said they haven't heard of it ever, they dont know what it is. Maybe is a 3rd party that looks just like M$.

It's an MS product.  Tech support is just out of the loop.  Knock offs and fakes don't find their way into legitimate multiple huge nationwide retailing chains all at the same time.  

If at this point people don't believe it's legit I'll file them away as conspiracy theorists.

gamerguy999

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

If at this point people don't believe it's legit I'll file them away as conspiracy theorists.

It does look like a very high quality product, but it just doesn't quite look a a ms product.  I asked my local game shops, and they said that they have not recieved the "new" MS HDTV pack, and that they have not heard of it.  They also said that the ones that they have recieved lately still are the "old" design.

ChrisF

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2004, 02:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (gamerguy999 @ Nov 30 2004, 02:39 AM)

It does look like a very high quality product, but it just doesn't quite look a a ms product.  I asked my local game shops, and they said that they have not recieved the "new" MS HDTV pack, and that they have not heard of it.  They also said that the ones that they have recieved lately still are the "old" design.

So, I weight:

1) The fact that it doesn't look like an MS product is because they outsource production and likely went to a regular cable supplier this time (possibly Acoustic Research given terminal similarities pointed out by others) as their old design was crap.
2) Recent major shortage nationwide of old design (typically happens when one is switching over something - tons of posts on this, most people bought Monster for lack of MSFT availability) plus no recent purchaser online or otherwise of an MSFT HD pack has received anything other than this unit.  Also notice that the changeover happened before the Christmas season when HDTVs are predicted to sell briskly.  If MSFT was going to restock their old product, they'd have done it by now.
3) Nationwide penetration to all major brick & mortar and online retailers all at roughly the same time.  Simultaneously disrupting all normal independent purchasing channels, providing large supply, and state of the art logistics for distribution - that is impossible for a knock off.
4) At $19 retail the wholesale price is so low that only a large volume producer could make any money on it - and as pointed out the quality is fairly good this time.
5) MSFT would be on a fake in a flash yet not diseminating info on a minor accessory product that makes them almost nothing is fairly standard.

And I figure after all of that, the chances of it being a fake are less than a major lottery win.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5