xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: New Hdtv Pack From Ms  (Read 194 times)

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

Uh, here's the real deal guys...the packaging says MS and it's at national retailers.

While other companies try to make their packaging "look" like MS's they don't dare say it is because they will get sued.

It's pretty safe to say this is the real thing if it is at national retailers, and says "MS."

sdpnoy

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

I bought mine a month ago at Circuit City...looks legit to me.

nfs911

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

Just bought mine, the quality in my games decreased. IM returning it soon.

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (nfs911 @ Nov 30 2004, 06:53 PM)
Just bought mine, the quality in my games decreased.

Compared to what?  What were you using before?

gamerguy999

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

The fact that it doesn't look like an MS product is because they outsource production and likely went to a regular cable supplier this time

I didn't think about that, that would explain the somewhat third-party look of them.

shawenterprises

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »

I have one of these, its 100% a MS product.
Hooked it up, Its real nice. Cables are thick and the video seems better then my old one. Having the fibre optic audio right on the xbox end of the connector is awesome. Now i can run a short 1 foot Audio cable from it to the amp. Before i had to run a huge one from behind my tv back to the amp. Sucks if the xbox is right above the amp like mine is.

celinedrules

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

If you can get it a gamestop and circuit city how come they dont have it on there online site?

MikeByu

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

I got mine about a month ago from Amazon. Work great! However I do have a question. The back of the box says that it only supports 480p on movies. Ummm so what about a modded xbox with the new avalaunch DVD? I had mine set to 1080i in the AV settings and it seems to work GREAT! But my eyes could be deceiving me. However logic tells me that if the I set it to 1080i in avalaunch and try and run the movie I would get a messed up screen, which isn't the case. Any answers?

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (MikeByu @ Dec 3 2004, 05:18 PM)
I got mine about a month ago from Amazon. Work great! However I do have a question. The back of the box says that it only supports 480p on movies. Ummm so what about a modded xbox with the new avalaunch DVD? I had mine set to 1080i in the AV settings and it seems to work GREAT! But my eyes could be deceiving me. However logic tells me that if the I set it to 1080i in avalaunch and try and run the movie I would get a messed up screen, which isn't the case. Any answers?

Yeah, it's weird MS doesn't list the specs/capabilities of modded XBOXs on their product.  jester.gif

Nisei

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Nisei

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

Oh, and if there's anyone buying the new HD pack to replace the older one, I would be glad to buy the old version from you. If you do, please send me a pm.

SonnyMarrow

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »

I just got a cable set for my new HDTV. Well, it's the MS one, but not the one with the box and open ports. It looks like the Gamelink 400x, as in the wires are all integrated and gold plated. The wires are also one, up untill the end where they break into the 5. They are thick, tight-fitting, and seem really high quality. Not like the crappy box with add-on cables. There is also a little hidden space on the back of the part that goes into the Xbox for an optical cable. Is this a new version? Would the Monster cables help if this revamped edition looks exactly like them?

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

dry.gif

mrcmax

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

well i went out about a week ago and bought my MS HDTV AV Pack, and expected it to look a little like this:
user posted image

but i took it home and looked in the box only to find that it looks more like this:
user posted image
user posted image

so, im not sure what the differnce is, or if there is any difference, i kinda want the one with the box...what's ur guys opinion?

also, this is a completely different situation, but i was trying to use my standard video cables on a widescreen tv, and while setting the xbox dash to widescreen, it started making a very loud buzzing noise and then it wouldnt do anything, so i rebooted and had trouble starting anything from my evolutionx menu. any suggestions? (BTW, i have an x2 lite plus chip with a x2 4981 bios with evox on the hdd)

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

dry.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5