xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: New Hdtv Pack From Ms  (Read 192 times)

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

If you own an HDTV and don't connect your XBOX through HDTV you are unworthy of owning an XBOX!

That's like owning a Vette and driving slow.

hereticx

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

I also just picked one up, haven't tried it yet but does look alot better than the old one.
The new pack is probably the reason there was a shortage of hidef packs a month ago, they had to get the old stock out to get the new stuff in

hdiesel1977

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

I have them have them after an exhaustice search myself.  None of the local store had the MS brand component cables, so I decided to bought a used one(came without the component cables) and the Intec brand component cables.  Tried the intec pak first and it was pure garbage!  For a minute I thought I had an issue.  So I tried the used MS brand box and it worked ok, but since I was told that there should be new pak issued soon, I decided to refund both and get a brand new MS brand HD pak.  Well when I was returning the used MS HD pak to EB, I decied to look around and notice that they had one New HD MS Pak and it didn't have the box so I was puzzled for a moment said what the hell and copped it.  These are some really good cables.  the feel pretty good as far as build quatlity. They don't have the mesh thing going on like the Monster cables, but they cords are good and solid.  It also seems like the picture is slightly better then what I was getting from the used MS component cable.  All in all I'm so glad I went returned the old ones and got these.

locklom

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

I have the monster hd cable, should I return it and get the ms hd cable...is there a difference?

rockstardaddy

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

Ok here's a delima, the Cable box is plugged into the TV cause we have HD cable and theres no way I'm changing cables all the time. The TV only has one HD input and the cable box only has an output. Any one have any ideas? or products with links? Thanks!

Ebeniz

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2004, 04:58:00 AM »

who in their right mind use component cables to watch their XBOX in HD then listen to it using stereo RCA?  No thanks... I'll keep my digital optical cable

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2004, 05:07:00 AM »

well rockstardaddy, im sure if you look around, you will be able to find a switching box of some sort. that way, you can have like 3 or 4 things plugged into the one av input on your tv. the only thing is that getting a high def one might b a bit hard.
but im sure if u look, u will find.

hockeyguy

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (rockstardaddy @ Oct 27 2004, 03:45 AM)
Ok here's a delima, the Cable box is plugged into the TV cause we have HD cable and theres no way I'm changing cables all the time. The TV only has one HD input and the cable box only has an output. Any one have any ideas? or products with links? Thanks!

I am in the same boat.  There are a few options that I have seen.  Buy a HD switching box for a few hundred dollars... check them out on ebay... and they are usually quite large... Or you can upgrade your reciever... probably 400 minimum to get dual component inputs and a HD output...400 at least... Or get a new TV:)

If you figure something cheaper out, but for the time being I am in the same boat.  Since so few of my games are 1080i anyways, and my TV doesnt suport 720i, the xbox gets standard component, along with the DVD player and the HD cable gets the DTV HD input.

EDIT:  Of these I will probably upgrade the reciever b/f other two options.

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ebeniz @ Oct 27 2004, 05:01 AM)
who in their right mind use component cables to watch their XBOX in HD then listen to it using stereo RCA?  No thanks... I'll keep my digital optical cable

What the hell was that in response to??  The MS HD pack also has optical digital.   blink.gif

hockeyguy

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mr Ed @ Oct 27 2004, 04:58 PM)
What the hell was that in response to??  The MS HD pack also has optical digital.   blink.gif

Seriously.  There was a even a picture of where the optical cable fits into the base of the cable... Similar to the monster cables wink.gif

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

As for component video switches, you have some options (some under $100)

There's another thread about this here...

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=257500

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »

Well use the link in my sig to identify any games that are 720p or 1080i  You'll see a big difference on those.

Check out this thread for a comparison with Amped 2:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=235750

As for text looking more pixelated...if that's how the XBOX is drawing it, that's actually how it should look.  Often TVs will "soften" the image.  This isn't as accurate a representation of how the image should look, however it reduces jaggies.  Switching to HD is probably giving you a more accurate image.

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

Yes, I seen the new HD pack at bestbuy the other day Must have realized this is much cheaper for them to make not having the breakout box.

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (2K2CamaroSS @ Oct 27 2004, 12:45 PM)

Here's some pics of the monster optical adapter:

user posted image
user posted image

Do the monster cables include that adapter?  If so it looks like it will take any standard optical cable.  unsure.gif

2K2CamaroSS

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2004, 04:10:00 PM »

-FourDoor- is correct you have to buy the optical cable from monster cable (100x) to get that adapter. But yes after the adapter is obtained you can use any standard toslink cable
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5