xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Ux Architect  (Read 3377 times)

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hectobleezy @ Jun 1 2004, 02:43 AM)
Ok, so I gave up on trying to write code to set the order the images and shapes. So what I did is take the easy way out. I added another tab called "Layers" and from ther you can move items up and down....very similar to the way Photoshop handles layers. I should be done with it in a few days.

smile.gif  Sweet... I was wondering about that myself.... great way to handle it... I've not created any skins with the creator yet... just going into the interface and trying different functions... Of course my weekend was really busy (including memorial day)... so I didn't get much of anything done...  

I'll leave that ftp open to you Hectobleezy as long as you need... I'm going to set an additional user / pass on it, that I will provide you with, that way whenever you update the beta, the beta testers will have instant access to it...

pdottz

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2004, 03:14:00 AM »

yay instant access to new betas hehe.
It's been awesome testing uxa. I haven't found any bugs again so thats always good.
keep it up hecto.

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

wink.gif

edit:

ive been meaning to ask this for a while but have not created any new skins lately so i have forgotten,, but is there a way to make it so "Time: 10:30 PM" just shows up at "10:30 PM"  or for that matter any other thing such as tray, boxname,, ect

kthx

pdottz

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

about having to press "new" to get out of UXSettings....that button is a toggle button, so simply click on UXsettings again and it will display the other tabs

pdottz

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

Hecto.
Are you using dllhost.exe in UXA?  I don't know if this is a problem in UXA or my pc.  after UXA crashed this morning I noticed dllhost.exe in my task manager and whenever
I end task it, it just pops back up and takes back 5,040k of memory and doesn't let it go. I Looked up dllhost.exe and found it has to do with vb.net and when and when certain calls are made and crashed dllhost.exe hangs and doesn't go away till a fresh system reboot.

I'm going to reboot and try to cause UXA to crash again and see if UXA is to blame for dllhost.exe

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

moron i am,,

good observation,,

am i going insane,,,,, or were you never able to save to anywhere other than your box,,, ha

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (PaCMaYNE @ Jun 1 2004, 07:39 PM)
moron i am,,

good observation,,

am i going insane,,,,, or were you never able to save to anywhere other than your box,,, ha

If that was a question.. then, to save anywhere other then your box, you have to move the C1.C1Zip.dll to the C:\Program Files\Blee Zee Inc folder instead of the C:\Program Files\Blee Zee Inc\UXArchitect\System folder.. it's a bug in the installer, that has been fixed in the latest installer...

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

yea i did that,, and i was able to save,, now i cannot save but only to my box

im missing something i did apparently

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »

I will answer all the questions in this post.

you can save to disk(pc)...or save to xbox. when you first start UXArchitect for the first time, it has the ftp features locked(on purpose)....till you test them..if it is succesfull then it unlocks the ftp and changes the function of that save button from save to disk to save to xbox...i even change the icon. but if you notice right next to the button ther is a little "drop arrow"...if you click that it opens up a menu...and in ther you got save to disk and save to xbox. (is ther anything else to save to??....oh yeah....upload directly to the skin sites...hehehehe, but not yet)

to reset your uxa settings, delete this registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UX  
and uxa will think you just installed it. retest your ftp settings and you can then see the button change from save to disk to save to xbox..  do you think i should change this? i thought it was pretty cool to do it that way. but if its confusing...im yanking it and making a simple dropdown menu (yuck!)

I think i mentiond this before with the settings button issue...still unlclear?

About layers....if you got suggestions, by all means tell me....but the more i thought about it, the more it would be hard to determin the order of the images. I have to sorta mimic the photshop layers feature. trust me, i wanted uxa to be dfrnt than the other skinners...they all rely on "listbox/listviews" to keep the info.  i dont, i do everything on the fly, with a shiltload of variables and functions. For now the photshop layers thing will have to stay.... I will however not give up on doing it on the fly...

About the FTP....Thanks Bloodymary, I appreciate it. I will not give out that info till I upload the new build. Ther is people who i promised a beta...and i will supply it, but I know this current build is broken, and i dont want that version to float around....so anyone who i promised a beta...will get it...i hope you understand why i dont want to give out this broken build.

about dllhost.exe, thats not sumthing i include with my program, any files that are needed are in the systems folder in the uxa folder(program files). I googled that that dll file and read where other people with dot net code had issue..the same shit you just mentioned. I will double check the code...but im properly disposing of any graphics, controls fonts ...anything in memory...maybe it would help me if you tell me exactly what function you were doing...so i can try to duplicate it. I will read up some more and se what google lists.

Now back to work on layers.

Hectobleezy-

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (pdottz @ Jun 1 2004, 04:27 PM)
I'm going to reboot and try to cause UXA to crash again and see if UXA is to blame for dllhost.exe

Im going to try to enable the JustInTime debugger options...It would greatly help me if you remember EXACTLY what you were doing when it crashes...that gives me a chance too duplicate it....PM any error messages to me. UnleashX has been a great help and told me what the default values are....so im going to change the "new" function tomorrow.

Weird thing is...UXA doesnt crash my system anymore. just some weird side effects...(like the theme colors...wich should now be fixed)I know the "new" command crashes non WINXP systems. and i think it has to do with making the toolbar display XP icons properly.  

I better stop typing here and start typing in VB.NET.

I will check the board later tonight.

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

well before i delete the registry after i have tested my ftp connection i then cannot save locally,, i try the dropdown menu but nothing,,

it only says save to xbox,, import mxm skin , import ux skin

as for the layers,, i  still think the PS way will be best for organization

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

Oh shit....your right....i refferenced the wrong context menu....Its accessing the import menu....wich is supposed to be hidden....im glad i didnt link the code. Those features......may not make the final build.

Menu Fixed.

Layers suck.

pdottz

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »

Hecto.
I can crash UXA anytime now. here's what I do.
I start UXA. Load any supported image into the BACKGROUND context and hit new again, then I get the same JIT error as before. It doesn't happen if I just load an image in FILEMANAGER, but it will happen everytime if I have an image loaded in BACKGROUND and hit new.

But now DLLHOST.EXE doesn't even show up on my taskmanager so it must have been some other weird bug that I didn't catch.

--------
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Blee Zee Inc\UXArchitect\Temp\comparison.jpg
  at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
  at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
  at UXArchitect.Module1.Thumbnail(String& Imga)
  at UXArchitect.frmMain.cmbMIV_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
  at UXArchitect.frmMain.resetcanvas()
  at UXArchitect.frmMain.ToolBar_ButtonClick(Object sender, ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.OnButtonClick(ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/MS.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
UXArchitect
   Assembly Version: 1.0.1611.32736
   Win32 Version: 1.0.1611.32736
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Blee%20Zee%20Inc/UXArchitect/UXArchitect.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
MS.VisualBasic
   Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 7.10.3052.4
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/MS.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/MS.visualbasic.dll
Accessibility
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll
System.Design
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.design/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.design.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.
--------------

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2004, 09:50:00 PM »

Ok, "NEW" is a bust. Im still working on layers. once thats done I will re-write the "NEW" code to be way safer. right now its a one line code snippet, I knew it was too good to be true to reset everything that easily. For now...to make a new skin, exit and then restart it manually.

Its weird how it crashes with the main background. I think that one variable isnt reseting...so when it reinitializes, "xmlBackground" is still holding that picture path...so when it tries to load it...it crashes cuz that file no longer exsists. I have 2 cleanup routines to clear any temp files, one at start up, and one at exit. i dont like any "orphan" files left behind.

Thanks.

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

soo,, what should i do to access the original now,, as i cannot save locally

8-(

im trying to finish this last skin and see if anything else i find
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15