xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Unleashx  (Read 1634 times)

pmh

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2003, 06:04:00 AM »

Sorry, does it need <Password> or can it be Password>. Sorry for the n00b queston

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2003, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (AkumAPRIME @ Nov 28 2003, 07:40 AM)
Ok, so under Evox, I specified menu names for particular paths. Now that Im auto adding, this isnt happenning, but Im unhappy with the menu names. Since that doesnt sound too clear, Ill give an example. I want Xports emu Visual boy advance to be "Game BoX Advance", but its listed as VBA, which sux. Must I live with this, or is there an easy fix?

hey is that Xdelusion from XboxEmu?

Can you post your xml, or at least the item pointing to your emu?

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2003, 06:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (hydraulix @ Nov 28 2003, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Nov 28 2003, 08:29 AM)
man, didnt take too long for hydraulix to release the first skin...does that mean skining for this is that easy? or did you get a head start?

well i started this morning when i saw the news post, but the skinning is extremely easy and also extremely versatile. there are a lot of possibilities with this engine.

i have to say the coolest feature for skinners, is being able to upload png/skin.xml changes and simply reloading the skin from the menu without having to reboot. this drastically cuts down on trial and error time, as well as just makes plain sense.

i've got a ton of ideas for this engine now that I see how it works. the first skin was simply a quickie to familiarize myself with the way this dash skins.

thumbs up, the more i use it, the more i like it, its now been put on my C: as default. keep up the good work!

It was so cool seeing someone making skin already. Thanks hydraulix beerchug.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2003, 06:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (Yildiz @ Nov 28 2003, 12:17 PM)
Just wanted to say that your new dash seems great. Especially for me, since my lack of xml skills keep me from using MXM to its full potential. I really like the screen capture feature, even though I can't get it to work. I have looked for pictures in the X, Y, and Z directories, but found nothing. Besides, there's no "slight pause" when I press Left Trigger + Black.

I don't know if this is a bug or just something I'm doing wrong, but when i use the file explorer to watch pictures (jpg's, in this case) they are sometimes squashed (too broad, and the sound skips for a second when these load). It also seems that shortly after watching a picture like this the file explorer is unable to load any picture. I get this error message: "the file X is not a valid image file". The pictures do not seem to be damaged, as I've FTP'ed them to my PC, where they work fine. And when I start up the xbox again, the file explorer works fine for a few pictures.

BTW, is there any way to disable the blip sound the screensaver makes (without setting all other sound to volume 0) as it bounces off the edges off the screen? The sound is driving me mad when I just use the xbox to listen to music smile.gif.

If you don't notice the small pause, that means it failed to make a name. What UnleashX does is check for availability of the target partition (Z, Y, X in that order) and the size of it. Can you verify that X, Y, or Z have enough free size? One thing I noticed is that these partitions, sometimes, gets erased and UnleashX will report 0 for the size.

I'll check the ImageViewer not displaying subsequent pics. Anyways, it get's too broad because the way D3D reports the size. If you noticed, it would report the size to be 1024x512, and UnleashX would try to display them in a scaled size, but it was messed up right from the start. Pressing the right thumbstick should make UnleashX display the file in its actual size.

I'll see what I can do with the "blip" sound.

pmh

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »

Hmm, this is really weird. I just transfered WWF Raw, and after a reboot, The skin was blue (Origianlly green) . I thought, Something just wrong in the config file. So I checked and put the orginal one on and still no go. I tried  Replacing everything and it still wouldn't work. I can't change the skin and I'm not getting all the menus anymore. Any help?

Edit/ Can I change the orb?

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (pmh @ Nov 28 2003, 04:37 PM)
Hmm, this is really weird. I just transfered WWF Raw, and after a reboot, The skin was blue (Origianlly green) . I thought, Something just wrong in the config file. So I checked and put the orginal one on and still no go. I tried  Replacing everything and it still wouldn't work. I can't change the skin and I'm not getting all the menus anymore. Any help?

Edit/ Can I change the orb?

I modified my post above regarding your question.

Can you post your config.xml?

FullMetalPacket

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2003, 06:55:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif
Also, adding HDtemp variable would be koo  cool.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2003, 07:02:00 AM »

<Password MaxTries="3"><Password>paco</Password>

to

<Password MaxTries="3">paco</Password>

The extra "<Password>" tag makes the xml invalid, thus, making UnleashX create the default menu.

pmh

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »

oaky I will try that. Be backin a bit with resaults. (Thanks for the quick help too!)

FullMetalPacket

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

nevermind, ive found the docs..

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Nov 28 2003, 04:00 PM)
source="My Own Text".

By custom, I mean Literal text. So anything you put in the source that won't be recognize will show up as it is.

is there any way to call the system variables?

so if I want source="My Current $IP$"   its will do the way it reads.

Are you regretting the release of this dash yet? with all these questions and "problem due to unfamiliarity" smile.gif

fonts scaleable?

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (fireflier @ Nov 28 2003, 05:41 PM)
Just a quick thought, maybe I misread the previous posts, you have added xmv and wmv support for what reason if you want to keep speed and responsive as the priority.  is it your intention to add game previews, like MXM, at a later date?
Just curious, damn nice dash! Very clean and speedy!

beerchug.gif

I have said in my previous post that adding WMV/XMV support won't come without a cost. Some people could leave with it while some can't. To keep a balance between the two, i'll put it in but won't activate it unless specifically requested by the skin.

Kinda what I did with the newsfeed. You can enable it but nothing will get fetch unless it is requested by the skin.

Still figuring out how to do this properly though smile.gif . Game previews, yes. It would be easy once the video is enabled. Again, this would have some effect, as to how much, I couldn't really tell.

fireflier

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2003, 08:02:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Nov 28 2003, 05:49 PM)
is there any way to call the system variables?

so if I want source="My Current $IP$"   its will do the way it reads.

Are you regretting the release of this dash yet? with all these questions and "problem due to unfamiliarity" smile.gif

fonts scaleable?

Doing it like that was really my intention and still is my goal. But I have to have simple skinning capability for this release, so I settled for a quick one. I have thought of ways to implement it already and will probably start writing it over the weekend.

Regretting? Not quite but it's a bit overwhelming, I admit. I'm trying my very best to answer every question but I don't know how long I can keep up with it. I wanted to code, but I need to answer some questions too smile.gif. I really appreciate the fact that some people here, including you, takes the time to answer some question about UnleashX.

The font will be scaleable. It is right now, but there's no way for skins to implement it just yet. Wait, when you say scaleable, do you mean each info can have it's own scale or is it more of a global thing, as far as the screen info is concerned?

@MomDad, somebody actually commented on this already. Quick scrolling using the trigger is something I just implemented recently as suggested by Iriez. It should be easy enough to fix. FYI, you can also do a quick scroll using the left thumbstick. About the SS thing, can you try entering a single space?

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »

--double post--
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10