xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ip Address Problems  (Read 993 times)

timmy_no7

• Archived User
Ip Address Problems
« on: June 16, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

Changed my IP Address from Static To DCHP because that's what the particular backing-up-xbox-games tutorial told me to do, and my IP address changed to 0.0.0.0

what settings should I have so that I actually have an IP address, that will also connect to the program that I am using to back up my games > CraxTion 4   ???

The version of UnleashX I have is 0.38, couldn't tell you much more... anyone have the correct settings I should be using in "network" ??

timmy_no7

• Archived User
Ip Address Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »

ok since nobody would help me i took the initiative and fixed it myself.

made my IP static, and by using other FTP questioning and threads made the IP 192.168.0.101

worked out well once I'd repaired the LAN between computer and xbox, which I had to open up using local IP addresses.

Thanks for no help !

sleepinginmyhead

• Archived User
Ip Address Problems
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 04:50:00 AM »

You know what they say, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.  Don't answer people's questions that have tons of tutorials and other threads leading to the answer so that they will learn to actually use a forum how it's intended and look for the answer to the problem before making a new thread."  So really, we helped you more than you could ever know.

torne

• Archived User
Ip Address Problems
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(sleepinginmyhead @ Jun 17 2006, 11:50 AM) *

So really, we helped you more than you could ever know.

You win at intarwebs. That was a brilliant response. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Derrr

• Archived User
Ip Address Problems
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

same thing happened to me, but not when i swapped to DHCP it was when i accidentally pressed the "Network Reset" button, but easily fixable thanks to common intelligence and reading through here, took me like 5 minutes.