xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Unleashx  (Read 1624 times)

aaron1974

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »

Posted on Nov 28 2003, 08:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aaron1974: Looks like you added an extra /list tag right after your media stuff. Open up your config.xml file in internet explorer. IE is great for debugging xml tags

yep that was it all right,i saw it staright after i had a break,tis 7:am here in aussie and i been up all night toyin with the xbox and the dashes ini/xml's etc,then came accross this great piece of work and had to take it for a test spin,now its all sorted and im off to get some sleep blink.gif thanks again DBZracer beerchug.gif

DBZRacer

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Nov 28 2003, 11:26 AM)
I must have missed it in the docs. When creating skins, always work within the safe area and that is 40pixels each on the horizontal and 30pixels on the vertical. This goes the same for all xbox apps and would differ from TV to TV. On my set, it's actually 35pixels on the horizontal and 25 on V. I can see everything, though, on my CRT monitor.

2) Not on top of the menu. The Menu gets drawn last. You can overlay a png (assuming you have provided the proper transparency) over anything except the menu. The order of drawing is this: Globe (spinning sphere), custom background, orb, Game Icon, custom images, shapes, infotext, then the menu. The orb will accept images with transparency. If you have ralliSport, try selecting that.

I see... Thats no problem at all. The dash looks great on my HDTV so far as it doesnt appear to be stretched too much to fit 16:9 screens. Maybe you could suggest 35-40pixels V since as you can see on my screen cap that i edited to show, my screen just barely cuts off the left edge while the right is borderline... This is getting a bit knit picky but would help out other HDTV users if it's suggested to skinners out there....

user posted image

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

cool.gif what file is used for the jewel? I want to put different pics in there.

C) Have you ever heard of Xrandom? Is there any way to implement random skinnage?

much love

ehb

-Natas-

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2003, 11:22:00 AM »

wink.gif

UnleashX will be my default dash very soon.  biggrin.gif

heinrich

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2003, 11:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (Modster @ Nov 28 2003, 03:28 PM)
Tried to get UnleashX from Xbins and it it tellling me that it is for "invites only".  Why are they doing this? Is there an alternative download method?

http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=63&t=131028

fireflier

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2003, 12:31:00 PM »

Came across small bug, if you have Unleashx as primary, then unless you have Apps in C then the settings keep defaulting back to original state.  Weird eh, when I ran in App mode from F this dash ran fine, kept all my settings that I made in the config.xml.
Maybe because dash was in F????
Gonna repost this in Crobars Bug list

From what little I know, it seems the config.xml is partition based right now

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2003, 12:45:00 PM »

Tried to get UnleashX from Xbins and it it tellling me that it is for "invites only".  Why are they doing this? Is there an alternative download method?

As Heiny noted.. smile.gif

Also.. being an IRC channel.. there are alot of reasons they make it invite only.  It's only temporary. Be patient.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (-Natas- @ Nov 28 2003, 09:22 PM)
I got UnleashX up and running on my xbox and it is very cool. I do have one question though, when you launch a game off your HD you get the green X logo and I was wanting to change that logo if possible. Is it using the image from a stock MS dash file or is that in UnleashX?

Thanks in advance....... wink.gif

UnleashX will be my default dash very soon.  biggrin.gif

It's using MSdash file. I'll add capability to change that image as part of the skinning feature.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (fireflier @ Nov 28 2003, 10:31 PM)
Came across small bug, if you have Unleashx as primary, then unless you have Apps in C then the settings keep defaulting back to original state.  Weird eh, when I ran in App mode from F this dash ran fine, kept all my settings that I made in the config.xml.
Maybe because dash was in F????
Gonna repost this in Crobars Bug list

From what little I know, it seems the config.xml is partition based right now

Just a thought, but could your config.xml file attribute, by any chance, set to read-only? It happens when copying directly from the CD/DVD disk. I added a check for this in the next release. You can copy it to another location first and then copy it back. Should fix the read-only attribute. Please let me know.

kuamuamu

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2003, 10:45:00 PM »

I swore by EvoX until trying this dash for 5 minutes. Now it's default.

how did you make it default? as in, loading UnleashX instead of Evox at the start. I'm a n00b and i'm stupid, this is why i'm asking.

hydraulix

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2003, 10:46:00 PM »

just upload the dash to your C: and rename default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe (or whatever your bios is set to boot from first)

ajaxjoodje

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2003, 03:16:00 AM »

my first dash it loads is evox and i have defualt.xbe in C: and evoxdash.xbe  so what do i have to do
so it loads unleash first instead of evox im using now

greetz

hydraulix

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2003, 03:36:00 AM »

rename evoxdash.xbe to evoxdash.xbe.old

rename default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe

reboot.

amstrad

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2003, 04:06:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

hydraulix

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2003, 04:13:00 AM »

yes, just upload to C: after you rename them.

but...to boot evox 2nd,
you need to know what order your bios searches for the xbe's on C:

for example:
the standard flavor of the X2 bios boots in the following order,

evoXdash.xbe
neXgen.xbe
xboxdash.xbe

if your using the X2 bios, and havent changed anything, to boot UnleashX first, and EvoX second, simply name Unleashes xbe to evoxdash.xbe, then name evox's xbe to neXgen.xbe.

This is the quick and dirty way to do it, and it'll work perfect, and yes, it can be a little confusing with the name changes and all.

The "proper" way to do it would be to use XBTool and edit the boot order of your bios, then flash the modchip with the new bios. You could then set it to say,....

unleashX.xbe
evoxdash.xbe
xboxdash.xbe

and name the dash's xbe's accordingly.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10