xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Vga Box For Xbox  (Read 464 times)

akram

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« on: April 05, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

im a beginner in this forum and i dont want to anger anybody here. Im not english im spanish and i dont speak as well as i would.

First of all, i have a schematics of a xbox vga adapter circuit by ben gasper, but i dont know if it works.

If someone know or have tested it , pleaseeeeeeee answer this topic.

i want to use the xbox like a pc with linux and i want to make a vga adapter on my own.

thx

PD- if i have our permisiion i could post the schematics here.

fahrenheit

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

Please show the schematics or link.  smile.gif

akram

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »

I have upload to a server and this is the file VGA

PD.- i think i could post this link if icoulndt pls modify, thx

fahrenheit

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »

That looks considerably more advanced than anything I have seen on here before. ohmy.gif

davemk

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »

I think these were kicking around xboxhacker a few years back, I have some dodgy hand drawn pages that look kinda similar.  I never tried to build it though.  I remember a friend got some chap to mod an advanced A/V pack, I have a feeling that these schematics (can) 'piggy-back' the A/V pack.  Though I am not sure.

akram

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »

yes i get it from this web, time ago. anyone know if it works?

Jameson42

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

I don't know if this works or not, but it looks very promising to me.  I may have to try building this for myself to see if it works any better than the other VGA adapter schematics out there.  (It looks like this one won't require a VGA-enabled BIOS.)

HAMDAWG

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

has anyone tried any of these vga adapters?, are they worth it or should people just stick with the X2VGA+

This post has been edited by HAMDAWG: Apr 9 2005, 05:44 PM

akram

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »

ok jameson, if you want, you have my help, i have many conociments of electronics, and y have make some circuits before and i want to make it, but i have some dudes.

P.D.- Sorry for my poor english.

Jameson42

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

I'm a bit low on money right now, so I can't make this for a few weeks...  But I'll spread the word about this if I can so maybe someone else can test this thing for you, or maybe find someone who's already built it.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 03:52:00 AM »

His name is Ken Gasper, and one of the member on deceased xboxhacker.net. sad.gif ; I miss it.  He is a great guy who builds a great vga adapter.   I had him build me one, and it works perfectly with all versions of the xbox.  

It is a transcoder, just like the x2vga, thus no vga bios is required.

akram

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

woooh foe, thats great, this schematics works ??? itsn´t easy to make but if it works without a bios, like x2vga, it could be almost integrated inside the xbox.

I have some question to do:
1º header 6 ??? this is the conector of the xbox? this pines are generics or they are from the xbox conector?
2º header 2 ??? its the vcc??  its a part of the xbox output conector?? i only know that i must apply 5 volts

if someone know some info about the pins out of the video wire out of xbox, plssssssssssssssss reply this post

P.D.- That dudes are for my poor ewnglish, because i dont understand some words that are more dificult for me because the translator i use itsnt well as i think. I could star to make it this monday, if its works i will report Xd (pls work work)

Thanks a lot for your help boys

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »

Yes, the shematics work great.

These I think are the original schematics that Ken made, and the only problem with it is that 720p is a little too dark, but 480p works perfectly.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

Request: can anybody repost these schematics? Thanks.

[edit]

Sorry. Server reported that it was down a moment ago. My bad. sad.gif

greengiant

• Archived User
Vga Box For Xbox
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »

Add my 2 cents into this pile.

I prob messed up somewhere in my prototype... actually let me start by saying I started analyzing a few VGA adapters out on the market such as the X2VGA and few others, one is the aformentioned by Ken Gasper.
The better ones all have one thing in common, a Max4383 and a sync seperator.
(If anyone wants more detailed depth of how the more advanced devices such as the X2VGA works feel free to ask)
Well I was going to make the Gasper version, and I have the pcb and everything made up, just arrived today. Well it works quite nicely, but due to some errors in my resistor selection or .... I had to re-create the schematic from the PDF so I can then make a proper PCB, so possibly I introduced an error into the schematic in the proccess....well I get RED video. LOL. Ive checked, the basic video output, but oviously i did something wrong, so I will check it more tommorow.

So to come to the present, it works nicely but when its built properly.
Some problems, are that you need to make sure there is little interference between the three video signals (see x2vga pcb for example) secondly, you need to have EXACT (at least EXACT values in some places in order to get the proper colors) a small change of a few ohms/kohms in a special resistor can mean the difference between a purple blue and the proper blue.

Im gonna test and debug some more tommorow, and see what went wrong. I may move to using two Max's to properly correct the video levels, but thats later on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5