xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Mxm Request Thread!  (Read 1853 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« on: February 22, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

I was thinking the other day since the file manager is coming soon don't you think it would be good to add samba share support to mxm as well? So we could use the file manager to copy files to and from our PC's maybe even use it for playing audio as well.   really shouldn't be to hard to implement since XBMC/P and DVD2Xbox have these features and are both open source

GOOD IDEA ??

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »

Well, I think, by 1.0, I will have DLL support, and it might make a good add-in module.

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

a Resident Evil skin would be cool

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

X-Link support
Bios Loader

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 04:34:00 AM »

an actionscript command to suspend/resume all open videos.  Also one to close all open videos.

the ability to suspend the videos may help in some performance issues,  ftp, in-dash file manager (copying, moving etc).

ability to close videos might be necessary for other functions, but of course would require a reboot for a skin to work right again unless closing the videos doesnt make MXM lost the handle to restart them on command.

images can be overwritten even if loaded in a skin,  videos cannot be.  existing media videos cannot be changing if currently selected unless there is a way to close them.  Since all skins dont name the media handles the same, then the ability to stop/close all would be an easier choice.

flattspott

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 06:55:00 AM »

My bag of ideas.

1. Maybe a screenshot command. - This would take a screen shot automatically without haveing to press anything.

2. A pause and resume feature for webfilefetch.

3. Maybe an a sorting routine of sorts. For sorting lists alphanumerically.

4. A command to kill the screensaver while a script is running.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »

Not sure on the webfilefetch pause/resume... not much of a way to control that right now. When there's a more full featured web client, there may be some GetRight type options, but that's better done in a multithreaded mode (Coming to ActionScript eventually).

As for the screen saver - that's what SetState should do for you, but I'll take a quick look at resetting the timer.

Pausing video - yeah, I need to offer up far more control.

Screenshot command - yes, another on my todo.

As for image/video issues, I will probably come up with a way to flush the resource caches. There's some re-achitecting to do with that stuff, though.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (dman7 @ May 24 2004, 08:35 AM)
ok, here are my wishes:

1). An Idle Auto-off(with adjustable time)- I like to  fall alseep to my Xbox playing music. Cutting down on the hours of my Xbox being on when I'm not using it will lengthen it's life.

Heh, I too wanted the same thing a long time ago and was told it would be very easy to script, however nothing every came of it... I too listen to music while going to sleep  beerchug.gif

CreziB

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

Xlink Kai integration.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

I was going do something like this but opted not too mainly because it would never be reliable.

If you stored the current date in a file, then turned you xbox off for a week or so, when you turn it on again the date would be around the time you turned it off.

pelago

• Recovered User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »

Personally I'd rather my clock was set to the correct time, but I see that your idea would be useful for some situations. I guess it wouldn't hurt having it as an option.

What would be good would be if we could set the clock from within MXM, instead of having to boot the MS dash. A variation on firefoxf7's idea could be that if the dash notices the clock has gone backwards since last booted (or is corrupt in other ways, such as several years *after* it was last booted), it could pop up such a clock changed dialogue automatically.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

um.. you could run the datefix script using an _autoexec in the MXM.XML and it will do just that.

firefoxf7

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »

MMM - just looked at this script.  I have not tried it out yet, but from what I can see by looking at it, it doesnt seem to provide the auto-advnancement functionality - just a way to set the clock manually.  Could it be that a newer version exists that does do this?

Cheers,

Dave.

josh689

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »

Edit XBE Game name Would be GREAT!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4