xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Mxm Request Thread!  (Read 1537 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2003, 11:52:00 AM »

Ok so here is my list of features Request List... SOme of the followoing may already be requested/implemented, in fact I know some are, but this is taken from a group of about 20 people I regularly play games with at there college dorm rooms...The others are from gathered knowledge of public opinion and other dash forums....

These are in no particualr order of importance just from what I have written down here, and I in no way expect any features to be made, I am basically throwing out info.....

+Widescreen/HDTV Support
+Screen Resizer (Such as that of many Emu's and Media Player)
+Built-In OnScreen Keyboard HardCoded w/ nice GUI (Not ActionScript....KInda like that of the new UnleashX, but better)
+Built-In OnScreen Number Manipulator w/nice GUI (Mostly for IP Info...kinda like that of EvoX or the new UnleashX,but better)
+FTP Free Space on Drive commands, Greeting Message
+3D Skinning Support
+Implementation of the BASIC found in the .rar file
+More Skinning Options(Such as DoGLow and the like...)
+Full menu editing from within with said keyboard(A sort of Xpad if you will)
+File Manager
+Media Player Type Functions/Direct access to load certain things straight to a Media Player ie. Put in an disc with an XviD movie and XBMP/XBMC play it automagically)
+BackUp Game/DVD Functionality
+BIOS Flashing
+Lock/Unlock HD w/options found in ConfigMagic FINAL
+Easier to Use/Setup w/functions mentioned before
+Faster Load Time
+More Loading Screen Options for .xbe patcher
+No Reboot when adding Files or Editing files such as skins

Well thats most of it,more may be added later, once again this is just a list of stuff that I gathered up, I in no way actually expect these things. I just thought I would throw them out there. SO don't flame me for the requests, like it says they are requests not actual "I need them Implemented Desires"....

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2003, 01:16:00 AM »

Thanks for the info! I'm going to do a few things to clean up the way thumbnails and media are handled.

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2003, 02:17:00 AM »

XBE icon can be found at offset 20480 -starting from the end of file. Game save Icons is at 8092 , again, from the end. At least this is true for XPR0 format. Haven't gotten my hand on the new ones that uses XPR1.

Well, this is not exactly true I'm afraid. You'll have to walk the xbe to get to the sections that contains the correct images. Many xbe's stores their image in different formats (and therefore differenct size), so that file offset will not work at all for many xbe's.

smile.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (^Blazed^ @ Dec 4 2003, 12:17 PM)
XBE icon can be found at offset 20480 -starting from the end of file. Game save Icons is at 8092 , again, from the end. At least this is true for XPR0 format. Haven't gotten my hand on the new ones that uses XPR1.

Well, this is not exactly true I'm afraid. You'll have to walk the xbe to get to the sections that contains the correct images. Many xbe's stores their image in different formats (and therefore differenct size), so that file offset will not work at all for many xbe's.

smile.gif

Yeah, figured that out for the newer embedded images, just search for XPR header, then determine if it's XPR0 or XPR1. Game saves seems to be uniform though, but I wouldn't trust it either. I modified my code to start looking from this offsets, than find the right offset. Of course, this is only important when you haven't played the game yet, as it will automatically been provided for you once you do.  wink.gif

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Mxm Request Thread!
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2003, 03:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (^Blazed^ @ Dec 4 2003, 12:17 PM)

smile.gif

We have started a new thread that is going to contain many 'technical' documents for how to accomplish things.

First out is how to find the title image within the xbe itself.

Specs.

beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]