xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: ==== Texas Based $10 Firmware Flash ====  (Read 1531 times)

steve1680

• Archived User
==== Texas Based $10 Firmware Flash ====
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »

This guy is the real deal!! This is the only guy you should deal with if you need your 360 flashed. I can honestly say that he has the best service, price, and prompt replay to e-mails. Thanks again brotha!!

stevo-

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »

Hell yeah!  Glad to be able to help you guys out, thanks for the feedback!  Thank you all so much!

Just to clarify on the Hitachi's with 0078fk firmwares, I can still just do it for $20 if you decide to just send me the DVD drive.  I will verify the original firmware dump and the reflash of course, it's just that i won't have any console to test it out with before i ship it back to you (ever since my VIA PCI card setup won't reflash the Hitachi or get into mode B once i insert my key and spoof it to test on my system).  So only if you want that extra assurance of a tested drive, then I ask that you ship me the core console so i can verify before i ship you back your setup.  Remember, this does include overnight shipping via FedEx as always!  Any other questions or concerns, just let me know thru PM or email me at [email protected]!  BUMPERS!

=Xtreme=

joobjoob

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »

just got my 08/2006 (mfr) 360 today.  dvd tray has the single hole at the bottom i believe means its a samsung.  im gonna use it for a few weeks to see if it dies on me.  i cant afford to replace it. then i plan on shipping it to you.

a few questions if you dont mind

-so only the dvd drive right?
-can i do newest live dashboard update now and still have you mod firmware later?
-after firmware flash can i still use live?
- will i be able to backup my own 60 f'in dollar games?
(im plenty familiair with bitsetting and clonecd)
-if not what are the limitations on images i  pal/ntsc?
-this definetly voids my warranty right? even to an inattentive target employee?

sorry to be bothersome heck knows 30$ doesnt cover badgering questions.

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 04:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(joobjoob @ Jan 8 2007, 02:08 AM) View Post

just got my 08/2006 (mfr) 360 today.  dvd tray has the single hole at the bottom i believe means its a samsung.  im gonna use it for a few weeks to see if it dies on me.  i cant afford to replace it. then i plan on shipping it to you.

a few questions if you dont mind

-so only the dvd drive right?
-can i do newest live dashboard update now and still have you mod firmware later?
-after firmware flash can i still use live?
- will i be able to backup my own 60 f'in dollar games?
(im plenty familiair with bitsetting and clonecd)
-if not what are the limitations on images i  pal/ntsc?
-this definetly voids my warranty right? even to an inattentive target employee?

sorry to be bothersome heck knows 30$ doesnt cover badgering questions.

Actually bro, all questions are welcome and i'll answer them as best as i can!  Only the DVD drive is necessary.  Again, only the Hitachi 78fk drives are the only ones i'll need the core console if you want a 100% tested drive but i can still do them without the console if you choose.  

-Seeing as you have a Samsung, then just the DVD drive is needed.  
-Feel free to do the live dashboard update now as well as the XBox 1 backwards compatability update since the new Xtreme 5.2 firmware allows single layer XBox 1 backup use in ISO mode (no dual layers needed anymore)!
-You'll still be able to use XBox Live! but only do so at your own risk and I would suggest you use your original 360 Live game title when you play online for assurance and safety as we don't know what M$ plans on doing about the firmware hacks (so just be safe and use the original when playing Live!).
-Seeing again as you have a Samsung drive, yes... you will be able to backup your own $60 investments like we all are doing now (I just damaged my 2nd original of Gears of War already!!! arghhh! )
-As long as the games are Region Free, then you can use them on your NTSC/U console with no problems.  Region locked games and backups of those original games won't play due to the region restrictions.
-Warranty is voided as you will open up the system in order to remove the DVD drive to send my way to upgrade.  There are techniques in properly removing the MICROSOFT warranty sticker without damaging it if in case you feel it's necessary to do so.  It involves a hair dryer (or heat gun), exacto knife, a steady hand and some time.  

All questions are welcome bro and i thank you for posting them here on the thread, that way, others looking in who might have similar questions will be able to read as well and find out the answers.  If you plan on shipping the core console (so i can remove the warranty sticker properly and do my thing on it), then it will be $30.  If you open it up yourself and just ship me the drive, then it will only be $20!  Hope that answers your questions bro!  Let me know what you wanna do!  Peace!

=Xtreme=

joobjoob

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »

thanks a ton, I've been looking for answers to those questions for weeks the ones Ive found most were half a year old.   once ive finished stress testing my box ill be getting back in touch with you for "dvd drive tune up"

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »

That's what I'm here for bro!  Glad i was able to answer your questions!  If your console was manufactored in 2006 and you aren't using a Nyko fan add-on, you shouldn't have any problems as a lot of heat issues were resolved from the original launch systems (I haven't had any problems with my launch system to date.  Either way, it's a good thing to stress test your system out.  Best game to test it with is Gears of War of course!   Let me know how it goes for you!  Peace out!

=Xtreme=

CrazyAmericans

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

Finally found someone close to my area! Man get back to me ASAP hehe alright take care man, will probably throw in some xtra cash for some games haha gimme a call or something laters!java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_5')
biggrin.gif

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 02:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(CrazyAmericans @ Jan 9 2007, 01:21 AM) View Post

will probably throw in some xtra cash for some games haha

Sorry bro, I don't sell games as it is against the rules of these forums and local laws.  This site has excellent forums and tutorials in backing up your own original 360 titles yourself.  All I am offering is a firmware backup, flash, and return shipping and nothing else!  If you need a flash and live about 20 mins away, i'll be glad to help you out.  I have damaged my 2nd copy of Gears of War so if you have that game to trade, I'll flash your drive for it.  Let me know what you wanna do, peace!

=Xtreme=

itsnodeal

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »

pm sent

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

itsnodeal's 360 in today so i'll get started on it and send ya the backup firmware later on bro and I'll ship your box back tonite so expect a tracking number from me!  

CrazyAmericans just stopped by the house and i took care of his drive so that went smooth (thanks for the tip bro!).  

Any questions, please send them to my email as it's getting crazy having to clear up my inbox here everyday.  You all can catch me on AIM under xtreme360fw if you need to get in contact with me as well.  Thanks and peace out!

=Xtreme=

CrazyAmericans

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

I am speachless all I gotta say is Thanks Xtreme for all the work... Don't worry about the tips it was all worth it hehejava script:emoticon('B)', 'smid_23')
cool.gif

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »

I hope it doesn't seem like an extra bump but i got a tracking number to post for my buddy Josh (itsnodeal):

www.fedex.com
8592 2636 8162

Now don't be alarmed as you track it, even though you're in Texas just like I am, FedEx is still gonna send it to the central distribution center in Tennessee just to get it to you in Texas (pretty silly huh?).  But you'll get it tomorrow bro!  Let me know know when you do, glad to help you and thanks for the extra tip you sent in there for me, i appreciate it!  

=Xtreme=

itsnodeal

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »

ok.

this dude is the real deal. I got my xbox back the day after he finished. He had it probably a total of 5 hours before it was on its way back to me.

It was safely packaged as well. I tested my originals on it and they work fine, not a single problem. I will update tomorrow once I test my backups.

I can't say enough about the awesome communication. He will answer ANY question you have. There wasn't a moment I didn't know what was going on with my 360.

I would and will use his services again.
this guy deserves some credit for his services. I can't stress this enough.

thanks for all of the help with my 360!

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »

10 O'Clock bump for the night a long night indeed!  Peace!

=Xtreme=

assaultM

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »

i sent you a PM

dry.gif  sleep.gif  sad.gif  smile.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif  mad.gif  blink.gif  sleeping.gif huh.gif  laugh.gif  love.gif  ohmy.gif  rolleyes.gif  uhh.gif  unsure.gif  wink.gif  cool.gif  happy.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14