xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Worrying Revelations  (Read 370 times)

Gonzo_PhD

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« on: September 20, 2004, 05:48:00 AM »

I don't usually say this, but  blink.gif .

gcskate27

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »

Many key members of the Bush administration believe they are playing out armageddon

do you have any sources for this claim? ive never heard anything about this...

With US arsenals of mass destruction in the hands of politicians with a simplistic good/evil us/them approach to the globe, we are fluffed.

while im not the biggest fan of the bush administration and ill agree that the iraq debacle was a pretty fucked idea, i do give them enogh credit to know that its not the best idea to just toss around nukes...

Intensecure

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

Try this link here for more detail on this.
The author is a very left-wing, Guardian reading, liberal green type - so of course I agree totally with what he says tongue.gif
But even if there is only a fragment of truth in the subject, it is a scary thing indeed in the age of weapons of mass destruction.
Many leaders in past eras have had apocalyptic visions, but none have had the means at their disposal - until now dry.gif
Sleep tight.

Arvarden

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 06:43:00 AM »

Wednesday, 6 August, 2003, 08:16 GMT 09:16 UK

A conference to plan the future of the American nuclear arsenal, including the development of so-called mini-nukes, is being held this week at StratCom, the headquarters of US Strategic Command in Nebraska.
The Bush administration appears determined to build a new generation of small nuclear weapons, especially "earth penetrators", designed to attack nuclear, chemical or biological materials buried deep underground.

http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/3126141.stm

http://www.newscient...p?id=ns99993414

nemt

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 06:47:00 AM »

Additionally, Jimmy Carter was the greatest leader and statesman of all time.

nemt

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »

I don't care if he says we're in a battle for shirts vs. fucking skins...the point is he's getting the job done, and doing what no presidents in decades has had the grapes to do.

Arvarden

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

"Do you have any sources for this claim? ive never heard anything about this..."

I guess you've heard about the bible code and Michael Drosnin? To cut a long story short Bush invited Michael Drosnin to breif him on possible future events.  

Now there is no cast iron proof of Bush believing in the book of Revelations but Bush's deep connection to the Christian fundamentalist right is well documented.

John Ashcroft has also expressed his belief in the Book of Revelations.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »

that doesnt prove the claim... you can believe in revelations and not think you are currently having a hand in it...

if thats not what you meant, i apologise, but it is what you wrote...

Many key members of the Bush administration believe they are playing out armageddon

wink.gif

Intensecure

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 11:33:00 PM »

An entertaining read is www.raptureready.com.
We are getting closer, as these key and truly awful events signify:
32 Mark of the Beast:
   The push to replace bar codes product labels with radio tags
   has upgraded this category.
WTF?
33 Beast Government:
   EU leaders agree on a new draft constitution.
34 The Antichrist:
   The EU is looking a new President.

I'm guessing the rapture crowd is slightly anti-European? rolleyes.gif

And of course there are the undisputed ( rolleyes.gif ) facts such as:
24 Persia (Iran):
   Iran continues to advance on its nuclear weapons programs.
Well, I would want nukes if I had the US playing god next door. And if in biblical terms we should still call it Persia - then what should we call the modern construct that is the USA, which doesn't get much of a mention in the bible despite the Presidents, and some of the citizens fervent belief that "god blesses America".
Truly inane stuff.
I think that the people named, such as GWB and Ashcroft are far too savvy to really believe this guff. They simply use it, as they use most things, for their own furtherance and gain. If 15% of Americans want to act like the world is ending, well that might be good for the pocketbooks of those who would take advantage of religious stupidity - and there are plenty of those in the US. As it states on the website - "Even So, Come Lord Jesus!" Yeah, right.
laugh.gif

Arvarden

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 05:57:00 AM »

"that doesnt prove the claim... you can believe in revelations and not think you are currently having a hand in it..."

Thats right but isn't it worrying that the people who may beleive in this are actually in power with WMD's and manpower at there disposal.  If you and me believe in the prophecy it wouldn;t make much difference as we are not at the helm.

I'm pretty sure there as been a few docs on uk national tv covering this issue but there is no cast iron proof.

All I'm asking for is your opinion on the matter.

A few things are starting to fall into place such as westerner's buying real estate in Esdraelon in Northern Israel which is also described as Jezreel or the valley of Megiddo to get a front row seat for the end of days.

A new TV/radio(?) station has been launched in Israel dedicated to the armageddon theory.

GWB meeting with Michael Drosnin.

GWB illegal invasion of Babylon.

GWB proposssed mini nukes.

GWB stance with Iran with them openly admitting they are trying to build a nuclear arsenal to protect themselves from a possible invasion from the US.

A few other people who believe in the armageddon theory:

Arafat
Reagan

I'm pretty sure the above 2 peoples beliefs are well documented. So to say no one in the US government believes in this cock and bull story is nieve to say the least.

Btw GC I'm not calling you nieve.

wink.gif

nemt

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 08:38:00 AM »

I thought you liberals were all anti-religious anyway?

gcskate27

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Baner

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

GWB illegal invasion of Babylon.

What does it being legal have to do with the end of the world? even if it was legal, it could spark "armageddon"

Arvarden

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

George Monbiot
Tuesday April 20, 2004
The Guardian

"We can laugh at these people, but we should not dismiss them. That their beliefs are bonkers does not mean they are marginal. American pollsters believe that 15-18% of US voters belong to churches or movements which subscribe to these teachings. A survey in 1999 suggested that this figure included 33% of Republicans. The best-selling contemporary books in the US are the 12 volumes of the Left Behind series, which provide what is usually described as a "fictionalised" account of the Rapture (this, apparently, distinguishes it from the other one), with plenty of dripping details about what will happen to the rest of us. The people who believe all this don't believe it just a little; for them it is a matter of life eternal and death.

And among them are some of the most powerful men in America. John Ashcroft, the attorney general, is a true believer, so are several prominent senators and the House majority leader, Tom DeLay. Mr DeLay (who is also the co-author of the marvellously named DeLay-Doolittle Amendment, postponing campaign finance reforms) travelled to Israel last year to tell the Knesset that "there is no middle ground, no moderate position worth taking"

http://www.guardian....1195568,00.html

Arvarden

• Archived User
Worrying Revelations
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

wink.gif

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5