xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Distinction Between America And Americans.  (Read 180 times)

Banj

• Archived User
Distinction Between America And Americans.
« on: May 23, 2004, 08:49:00 AM »

After reading and posting in alot of the threads in this forum I'd like to make my stance clear and apologise for something I think alot of people are guilty of, including myself.
I'd like to express the distinction between America and Americans. When people post pro/con opinions about the current conflict in the Middle East, they have a tendency to pigeon-hole all Americans as America, especially when talking negatively. I am guilty of this myself and would like to apologise to anyone who has misconstrued my posts as 'anti-American'. I assure you I am not, I take every individual as I find them regardless of patronage. I will endevour in the future to not stereotype Americans as pro conflict and I'm sorry for any misunderstandings.
I see more and more 'anti-American' sentiment posted on here and I think it's time someone drew the definitions clearly, if people in here can't communicate clearly then how can we comment negatively about our leaders lack thereof.

Thank you.  smile.gif

DasHelghast

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »

Ah, how quaint. Fuck you bigot.

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (DasHelghast @ May 23 2004, 06:01 PM)
Ah, how quaint. Fuck you bigot.

Wow...he was trying to show people that not everyone in the US believes in what America is doing. Therefore, like America (not Americans wink.gif ) stereotypes Iraqi's as terrorists, we are stereotyping all Americans as dumb, violent, non-sensical bunch of blumbering morons listening to an even more idiotic president.

Good Work, Banj. You're one of the few Americans I sort of maybe like.  blink.gif

DasHelghast

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

Yes indeed, I seem to be tearing down what little he has tried to build up, I felt it was perfect for that moment, that is afterall, what all of you Anti-American jackasses wanted to hear is it not? You are not fooling anyone smile.gif.

P.S. It's always easiest to hate the big guy.

DasHelghast

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

You are so right aren't you! laugh.gif  Yes indeed, I'm a die hard conservative fascist brainwashed by Herr Bush to blindly obey his every command, I am his sheep, Herr Bush is my sheepard. Or wait, could it be that I am bleeding heart liberal programmed by the femnazis to hate anything and everything suggested by Herr Bush, because anything suggested by him is corrupt, and will only drive our country to war, and ultimately its destruction. Or am I a moderate?  rolleyes.gif. Maybe it's because I realized having an opinion on the internet, means about as much has having an opinion in the real world, often times no one gives a shit, so who cares what I believe? I certainly don't care what you have to say, you can "debate" all you want with me, my opinion will not change.

This is fun isn't it. laugh.gif

self

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

You are so right aren't you! laugh.gif  Yes indeed, I'm a die hard conservative fascist brainwashed by Herr Bush to blindly obey his every command, I am his sheep, Herr Bush is my sheepard. Or wait, could it be that I am bleeding heart liberal programmed by the femnazis to hate anything and everything suggested by Herr Bush, because anything suggested by him is corrupt, and will only drive our country to war, and ultimately its destruction. Or am I a moderate?  rolleyes.gif. Maybe it's because I realized having an opinion on the internet, means about as much has having an opinion in the real world, often times no one gives a shit, so who cares what I believe? I certainly don't care what you have to say, you can "debate" all you want with me, my opinion will not change.

This is fun isn't it. laugh.gif

The problem is you don't bring up a single argument as to why you are right. I'm forced to belive that you don't have any. If you don't know why you have the opinions you do, why do you have them?

Banj just brought up a good point about there's a differnce between 'America' and 'Americans'. It's not something you can disagree with, yet you just had to drag the whole thread into the gutter by telling him to fuck himself.

DasHelghast

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (self @ May 23 2004, 06:52 PM)
yet you just had to drag the whole thread into the gutter by telling him to fuck himself.

You see how easy it is. rolleyes.gif

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

Way to douche it out Helghast, you sure to make one good vagina cleaning bag.

Banj

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

....yeah, well to anyone who's not a reactionary 12yr old, my post stands.  wink.gif

I'm not American by the way, I'm English.

DasHelghast

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (Maximumbeing @ May 23 2004, 08:18 PM)
Way to douche it out Helghast, you sure to make one good vagina cleaning bag.

My compliments to the chef.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

How special.  The enemies of the US don't share you sentiments though, they don't distinguish between soldiers and civlians, republicans and democrats, they don't care if you have the disgusting "The US deserved it" attitude for 9/11, they hate america, and everyone in it, and no intelligent person should have any qualms about their deaths.

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »

sounds alot like the redneck ignorant fools that don't think theres a difference between a terrorist and an iraqi. as a us citizen i know that there are some very very very stupid people. and i guess im here to apologize to the world that we gave them the option to get a computer.

DasHelghast i read your posts and you didnt establish a point what so ever? there a reason to start a flame war...

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (HeLiuM @ May 23 2004, 10:47 PM)
Unless the "enemies" of America are Iraqis in general, this war is harming far more than Americas enemies.  It's even hurting American citizens at home, in case you hadn't noticed global opinion of America isn't so high, fighting these unjust wars and all.  When the world begins to hate your country, that is when its people are truly at risk.  The idea of there being an absolute enemy is ridiculous, we are making these enemies with our own actions (yes, I do mean the war. Don't twist my words)
Enemies of America.. such a great term coined by paranoia and war mongering.  One more reason there should be propaganda analysis in schools today.

I'm going to let you in on some little secrets: terrorists hated america before any american soldier ever set foot in Iraq.  European elitists and hippies hated war long before george w bush became the president.

"The World" isn't beginning to hate anything.

The enemies of america are those who wish to murder the people of america, and they've been doing it for thirty years.

You are a fool with a below average IQ.  You are a victim of media bias and spin, and you stand as a rebuke to all forms of logic and reason.  Your opinion is based on idiocy and conjecture, and the gene pool would benefit greatly from your death.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (HeLiuM @ May 23 2004, 11:11 PM)
So, because there are those that have always hated America, it's okay to run around angering them without any right?

The US didn't invade Iraq to "anger" anyone.  The US invaded Iraq to depose a dictator who was a threat to his own people, as well as the people of the world - militarily and economically.

And, because there are those that have always hated war, it's okay to start needless wars despite those opposing it?

Yes, it is okay.  If the traditional hippie anti-war crowd were in charge, we'd be driving solar power golf carts and eating grass.  Just because the peace movement has picked up steam (amazing how no one complained when Clinton violated the UN and deployed troops to the balkans twice), doesn't make it any more relevant.  Foreign policy shouldn't be based on the will of an ignorant minority.

You'll have to forgive my below average IQ, apparently I have no logic or reason.  Explain to me the logic in starting unjust wars despite the wishes of the world?

Because the "wished of the world" contradict the wishes of the united states, and the united states has a duty to protect its citizens, regardless of what "the world" apparently thinks.  I don't know which world you're speaking of, unless it's some world made entirely of the french.  There was nothing unjust about the Iraq war, unless of course you're an idiot, because then you can just say anything you want is unjust - without any reason.

Explain to me why an Iraqi life is any less valuable than an American?  Why is your life, who obviously feels very strongly against the Iraqi public, is any different than an Iraqi feeling strongly against America?

Iraqi lives and American lives are worth the same, and the war in Iraq has protected both Iraqi and American lives.  I don't feel anything agsint the Iraqi public, they were an oppressed people, and now they've been given a chance to live freely again as they did under the old Iraqi monarchy.  I know many Iraqi-Americans, and I have yet to hear any of them say anything against the war.

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

and the gene pool would benefit greatly from your death.

murdering all people that have a different view makes u a bit to much like hitler...

/laughs like hell since he just watched south park [kyle watches the passion]

begins to hate your country, that is when its people are truly at risk

BEGINS? did u miss 9/11? people hate us and probably always will. and im guessing you want us to leave iraq right now? considering we have pissed them of already i dont see why we shouldnt finish and then get the hell out of there. leaving now wouldnt help anything. and we wont leave not with the bush up for re-election soon
Pages: [1] 2