xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: I Hate Punk Music!  (Read 233 times)

gainpresence

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« on: June 15, 2005, 02:38:00 AM »

Punk and Rap are the new Disco.. I hope that in 20 years, we will have forgotten about all of it, and I hope that when I'm old and see one of those greatest hits collections on TV, they'll skip this decade.

t_mac_ca

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 02:45:00 AM »

i agree with you on the punk part but i cant say the same for rap i love it and its been a form of music for many years before anyone's prolly ever heard about it so i actually think of it as a real form of music...

DjO

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 02:51:00 AM »

Punk music just didn't "roll in".

Punk music has been around since the 60's and they are usually political and insightful in one way or another.  The first punk bands to get big were The Sex Pistols and The Ramones.  
Punk music is about rebelling and standing up for what you believe in and not being put down by not being what Wally and the Beaver are.

I could be going on for hours about this but your whole post is ignorant.    I can tell you like rap.  Besides the piercings part that could describe any rapper too.  Do you even know what music is or what it's about?

green_beetle

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(t_mac_ca @ Jun 15 2005, 07:41 PM)
whats with this punk fad that just rolled in its so gay,like really if you think about it its a bunch a people who have no life no friends and no money so theysit in a corner and cry think that if the dress in black get a bunch a pearsings and tatoos mabe someone will notice them and theyre poor existance on this earth...........and the only thing they sing about in theyre music is how live so bad for them and how they just want to die(those suicidal walking FREEKSHOWS!!!!!)

halfelite

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 03:37:00 AM »

I would have to disagree with your thoughts on punk music and take into consideration you maybe have never sat and linsted to it. Maybe caught a glimpse of it before and shut out all thoughts since its something you dont like. Most as you call it "Punk" or emo,scene, whatever you want to call it deals with real life situtaions. Politics, breakups, death and anything else. And we all no real life isnt always nice.

And if you are disliking poeple cause of what they wear how they look. Doesnt that make you the most arrogant person. Look at country they wear tight pants and boots and a hat, look at rap they wear baggy clothes. What you wear shows off your character in life. If you think everyone should look like you, dress like you, act like you. Then life would just be bad since everyone would be the same.

Is punk coming back into mainstream more. Yes
   Do I listen to punk yes is it the only thing I listen to no

gcskate27

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

first off, you arent even describing punk music, thats emo... and secondly, is singing about depression and other situations less valid than making an album full of dance songs about spinning rims and whatnot? rolleyes.gif

and thirdly, a punk/disco band is credited with one of, if not the first major song to feature rapping, Rapture by Blondie... not that it really matters but punk has been around longer...

agreed with everyone else, your post is ignorant...

I'veGotANewKaleidoscope

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »

rotfl.gif  jester.gif This thread is fucking hilarious. Yes, punk is a fad. rolleyes.gif Disco started and died in the 70s. Rap is horrid, hip-hop on the other hand is quite good, and it's sad that all the "good" music has to stay "underground" out of fear of being whored by the MAN. By the way if you want some good rap, check out Joy Electric, or this wonderful track.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »

i agree with you on the punk part but i cant say the same for rap i love it and its been a form of music for many years before anyone's prolly ever heard about it so i actually think of it as a real form of music...

Banging my head against a table screaming 'I touch kiddies' could be considered music and to be brutally honest.. rap music isn't far off. Most rap (new rap that is) songs are just generic twoddle about how they are 'in da club', some pointless crap about candy shops or how they are from the 'ghetto' 24/7. Half the time I don't even know what they are saying.
The rap/hip-hop decade is over, rap has past its prime.. its been torn apart by the mainstream and opened its doors to 'straight outta compton' wannabes splurting out generic drivel week after week.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Jun 15 2005, 04:05 PM)
Banging my head against a table screaming 'I touch kiddies' could be considered music and to be brutally honest.. rap music isn't far off. Most rap (new rap that is) songs are just generic twoddle about how they are 'in da club', some pointless crap about candy shops or how they are from the 'ghetto' 24/7. Half the time I don't even know what they are saying.

pepsik

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbox beat box @ Jun 15 2005, 06:47 PM)
Some of the older punk is some of the best music ever made...imo

I'veGotANewKaleidoscope

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

rotfl.gif Green Day isn't punk, mainstream punk is dead.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

Dropkick Murphy's are pretty cool smile.gif

t_mac_ca

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

lmao laugh.gif  this thread is funny i made mainly becouse all the punk people(that i know) strutting around acting like they're music is the only good stuff out there it just gets really annoying

DjO

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(t_mac_ca @ Jun 15 2005, 06:56 PM)
lmao laugh.gif  this thread is funny i made mainly becouse all the punk people(that i know) strutting around acting like they're music is the only good stuff out there it just gets really annoying

amicold

• Archived User
I Hate Punk Music!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Jun 15 2005, 09:14 AM)
first off, you arent even describing punk music, thats emo... and secondly, is singing about depression and other situations less valid than making an album full of dance songs about spinning rims and whatnot? rolleyes.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 4