xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: My First Car!  (Read 367 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
My First Car!
« on: August 14, 2007, 06:22:00 AM »

Nice, I'm gonna learn to drive next year then ill be 21 n my pay will go up due to minimum wage n ill be able to afford it.

I want a volkswagen beetle classic as my first car XD. Or something of the like.

deadparrot

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »

Cool.  I'm trying to find something decent for when I turn 17, but finding something that doesn't kill me on insurance is going to be a pain mad.gif

How much are you expecting to pay to insure that?

blame canada

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »

Still doesn't beat my deal of $800 on a 84' mustang w/ 60k miles  biggrin.gif

However, that car still looks nice, and if cleaned and pimped, could be pretty badass tongue.gif

Boiker

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

I got a 1997 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 as my first car.

It's dark blue, alloys, clean grey interior and goes pretty quick for something its size. I've timed 0-60 as 11 seconds from standing. Rolling in second gear at around 3500 RPM it'll pick up and get to 60 in no time  biggrin.gif

Insurance is £1000 a year on it and the car is worth about £900-£1000 so it's a good cheap car to get as your first and isn't actually that slow compared to some other cars.

I'm going to uni in about 2 months so when I'm done there I'm thinking of a 2001-2003 Audi S3  love.gif

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »

Cool, kind of reminds me of my first car, a 1981 Chevy Citation (probably because they're both X-bodies). Do you know what size engine is in your car?

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Aug 14 2007, 06:29 AM) View Post
Oh yeah... the AC doesn't work. lol.
Hopefully, it just needs to be recharged, or it will be fairly expensive to repair. Did your grandpa ever switch it to use R-134a?

When I was barely 17 and beginning to driving my Citation, my insurance per year was $465 through USAA (for only liability). It seems like yours shouldn't be too expensive, either. smile.gif

killerbootsman

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

That almost compares to my 1985 Volvo 740 with 225,000 miles on it tongue.gif I'm currently working full time, trying to save up for something with a little more spunk.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »

Doesn't look in too bad of condition, if you do get some rims get a blue lip the same color of the car

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

That thing looks darn clean for the age. Could be a very pimp ride.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxgamer733 @ Aug 14 2007, 06:44 PM) View Post

Cool, kind of reminds me of my first car, a 1981 Chevy Citation (probably because they're both X-bodies). Do you know what size engine is in your car?

Hopefully, it just needs to be recharged, or it will be fairly expensive to repair. Did your grandpa ever switch it to use R-134a?

When I was barely 17 and beginning to driving my Citation, my insurance per year was $465 through USAA (for only liability). It seems like yours shouldn't be too expensive, either. smile.gif

Keep in mind though that us folks with USAA are spoiled with our rates and most people won't have access to them.

yaazz

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 06:01:00 AM »

100 bucks a month would be nice when I was 16...... I was paying around 300cdn/month when I was that age....

coldasice

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »

That car has potential man. Does it have the Buick 231 V6, or the Oldmobile 260 V8?

sicknasty413

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 11:54:00 AM »

I have no idea^

I'm teh noob when it comes to cars.

I tried looking.. I had no idea where to look.

My father says it has a V6 though..

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
My First Car!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »

IT will usually say right on the engine what it is... If not you could count the sparkplug wires to see how many cylinders there are.

I think printing the name on the engine is a newer thing, most of the older engines are simply identified by their shape.

As for painting it black... don't do it unless you can get a REALLY good paint job and you're willing it wash and wax the thing every 2 weeks.

Black paint is the quickest to get dirty and show the most flaws in the body work. But when it's painted right and cleaned right it does look spectacular.

Also black cars get hotter than other colors because they absorb the heat. I know a few years back Jeep had a major problem where the glue on the inside door panels were coming apart on all of their black vehicles.

just stuff to keep in mind.

FWIW White is the color that hides the most imperfections in the body work, often nicknamed "collision white" because that's the colors shady used car dealers would paint former wrecks to hide the shoddy body work. Any earth tone color including white will hide dirt well.

coldasice

• Archived User
My First Car!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »

Nice man, you need to get a dash pad to help protect that beast. I doubt it would be easy to find another if that one gets cracked.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
My First Car!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 03:05:00 AM »

nice ride man, cant belive the interior has held up so well.  prepare you self for a a/c quote higher then the price of that car. being an r12 system no shop is going to recharge that thing with out replacing every hose, connector, evap, condensor and compressor. prepare to wet yourself. probably gona cost more to fix then you paid for the car. if they do try replace the whole thing might as well try to convert it to 134a and put charge it with some sealer and lube and see if it holds for a while. then if that fails, save up for the repair. the a/c filled with 134a will not cool as well as r12 will, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4