xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Confirmed Method Of Banning  (Read 1733 times)

dzv

• Archived User
Confirmed Method Of Banning
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2004, 06:12:00 PM »

pane2k, an LPC scan is entirely possible.  In your case, they may have only scanned your LPC because your GT is already flagged.  It seems that once you are flagged, they start doing all kinds of tests everytime that GT logs in.

However, I still don't think they are scanning all LPC buses, just when a flagged GT logs in.  You never know when this could change, though...

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (soulz4u @ Nov 12 2004, 02:05 AM)
Ever since this mass banning has occured I have been logging on to live ever day since, I have a XBIT, with a 80gb locked hdd.  I first joined Live when my xbox was totally unmodded, when I added my 80gb I did an account recovery, and got my Live account back. I used the Xdisk to install the dashboards etc...I ftp'd to my box and noticed that my c: had evox files and other dashboard files on it, so I put the xbit to stealth mode, yesterday logged onto Live and still wasnt banned, I just tried it tonight and I'm still not banned yet, mind you I havent taken the new update yet cause I haven't been able to get my hands on a retail verison of Halo 2 yet... I also think I'm not banned yet, because I did a account recovery after I installed my new hdd, so by doin this would of updated the Live database with the new hd serial, so pretty much Live things I recovered my account on to another box...  oh ya I'm using the 4983.07 bios .  If I get banned after the halo 2 update I'll let ya know...
soul

the question is when did you install your hdd?

inVinCiBleGaMa

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

some ppl say 1.6 xboxes check LPCs some say they browse HDDs...................

too much conflicting info. too hard to reach ANY conclusion. each topic leans to one theory and its allll veeeeerrrryyy confusing.

We MUST setup a unified poll or a form for xbox modders with this info.

Xbox version : 1.X
HDD : Stock / Modified
Any "alien" files on C / E : Yes / No
Date Xbox modchipped : XX\XX\XXXX
Date HDD Modified : XX\XX\XXXX
Date signed up 4 XbLive : XX\XX\XXXX
Halo 2 : Yes/No
Last time accessing Live : XX\XX\XXXX
Mod name: XXXXXXXXXXXX
HDD model: XXXXXXXXXXXX

FreewayX327

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »

wink.gif anyways ive been banned twice before. so i have a total of 3 different eeproms that ms could have. i have a 2.3b lite WITH a xapter. could this be the key thats saving me from being banned?? i dont see how it could be but i hope it is.

FreewayX327

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

im not actually sure. it was before the summer. maybe in march-april

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (FreewayX327 @ Nov 12 2004, 02:10 PM)
im not actually sure. it was before the summer. maybe in march-april

In that case, it's quite possible your GT has not been flagged.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »

this should not be confirmed because i have a 1.0 with a X3 conneted to it and a 8 gig stock hard drive and i have been able to go online for the past 3 days with no error's.
funny thou, i had another xbox that had never been online and a 200 i removed from my crap computer, put them togther and installed all the software and locked it with my smartxx chip then removed the chip then went online with it....
got banned the next day.

i do feel that people that are going online with new games suck as dead or alive or halo 2 are getting banned because both games check systems. both default.xbe files check the status of your system.
if you dont do online with either of these games then you should be okay.

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Nov 12 2004, 03:01 PM)
i do feel that people that are going online with new games suck as dead or alive or halo 2 are getting banned because both games check systems. both default.xbe files check the status of your system.
if you dont do online with either of these games then you should be okay.

These new games may be one cause of recent bannings, but there are plenty of people (including myself) who have been banned without playing any of the new games or leaked games.

pane2k

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

the new update that comes with Halo 2 defintly has some sort of impact on the tests they are able to run.
Many friends of mine have been playing for months. The second they did the halo 2 update, the following morning they were banned.

automator2k

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Nov 12 2004, 12:46 AM)
What about the softmodders that are being banned too?

serious i couldnt find anyone talking about it so i finally just restored my soft moded hdd to backup and still got banned, but my friend did the same and did not, not sure what the hell is goin on.

billy_dimashq

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2004, 03:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (bengu @ Nov 12 2004, 12:21 AM)

Getting a new gt is the only thing I didn’t do because that didn’t make sense to me, Because What your saying is if I go and play on some ones stock xbox with my gamer tag from a memory unit there xbox would also get banned.  Also I did try and go to start a new account after i got baned and I could not do that.

If you ask me that is a little bit extreme and I don’t think M$ would do that but then again maybe they would.

If I were to try this again with a new gamer tag do I have to use a different hd?    If  not can some one give me a eeprom to find out.

dunno if someones already mentioned this (just skimming through the pages)

but, if you took your gamertag to another xbox, then ms wouldn't mind as the xbox's eeprom AND hdd are different, whereas changing your hdd means your eeprom is the same BUT your hdd is different, that's how they spot a hardware change, i guess you could compare it to windows xp's activation to an extent (only as far as hardware changes though)

hence if you were to, say, sell your unbanned xbox and get a new one, and put your gt on that, then you'd have no problem apparently

billy_dimashq

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2004, 03:48:00 AM »

my friend has DOA ultimate original (us version) and he's been playing it fine recently. also, i doubt he's stealthed up, so i believe with 99% certainty he has evox on his c drive.

i've been fine on it so far, been playing it last night and this morning. before i went online though, i went through my save games and removed all references to emus/apps (boxplorer, xbmc, surreal64, etc) and also formatted my C,E,X,Y and Z drives and started afresh with a clean 4920 dash and no save games)

i'm looking into maybe automating a procedure whereby i move all unnecessary saves (such as xbmc, emus etc) to the F drive, then turn off my chip and go into live. when i wanna play emus or whatever, i can just copy the saves back to E, all through evox commands. does anyone know if evox can do moving and deleting from the evox.ini like you can copy and format?)

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2004, 04:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (pane2k @ Nov 11 2004, 11:22 PM)
Hey guys whats up.
While many of us are trying to rearrange files on hdd to avoid being banned by this new xbox live detection, it is serving no purpose.
MS is not checking the hdd, and i believe i have proof of this.
At first, like everyone else, i went on to play halo 2. 120gb hdd locked with an xecuter 3. Played all ngiht, woke up next morning and was banned.
When this happend i felt like doing a little experimenting.
Thanks to blackwolf, he was able to supply me with a few eeproms while i did a little bit of testing.
I used an unmodded hdd. Totally original hdd that came locked with this motherboard. Files were not tampered with in ANY way.
Went on xbox live, modchip disabled of course with this locked original untouched hdd.
After playing for about 10 minutes I noticed the color of my x3 switches changed.
Now for those of you are familiar with the x3, red means disabled, blue means enabled and a purplish color means backupmode.
As i was playing and sitting in a lobby waiting for a new game to start, i noticed the color of my switches changed from red to purplish(x3backupmode).
So my assumption here is that MS is scanning or putting power to certain LPC points to detect chips, thats the only reason why my modchip would turn from off to backupmode all on its own.
Sure enough, after the color change, i went on xbox live about 10 hours later, with the same locked original hdd. I was banned. Got the modified xbox error.

Now for a little more proof...
Many of you may or may not know a guy by the name of Peer.
He has a 160gb hdd loaded up with dashboards, apps, etc.
When halo 2 came out, he locked his hard drive, and took his chip of the LPC points.
He has been playing for 3 days on and off constantly with a 160gb modded locked hdd with no chip with no problems.

With all the above said, i believe it is very safe to say that MS is somehow checking the LPC points.
What this means? Chip revision? possible.
You also can probably take the chip off the points or unplug it everytime you want to play, which may be lame also.
What i was thinking was if you Take a switch for each LPC wire and solder it in between the motherboard and the chip, by switching it off will cut the chip off completely. So this may be an option, but is not tested yet.

If anyone would care to add, feel free.
Thank You,
pane

I don't see what makes this confirmed :-\

Now for a little more proof...
Many of you may or may not know a guy by the name of Peer.
He has a 160gb hdd loaded up with dashboards, apps, etc.
When halo 2 came out, he locked his hard drive, and took his chip of the LPC points.
He has been playing for 3 days on and off constantly with a 160gb modded locked hdd with no chip with no problems.

It will only be confirmed if Peer replaces his X3 modchip and thus gets banned

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2004, 04:33:00 AM »

I still think the most applicable 'theory' is this one

The Halo 2/Nov 9th XBL Bannings - AKA Marriage Theory

From what I can tell, you only get banned if you swap your HD *after* you first go onto XBL with a given Xbox.

If you're planning to upgrade an Xbox's HD, you need to do it before you first connect it to XBL.

But if you didn't do your upgrade before you signed on to XBL with that Xbox the first time, then you should sell your Xbox, and remod another one.

And finally, remember to use an XBL blocking BIOS so you don't get banned for having an active modchip!

more info: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=304652 <-- GO HERE!!

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (billy_dimashq @ Nov 12 2004, 12:41 PM)
dunno if someones already mentioned this (just skimming through the pages)

but, if you took your gamertag to another xbox, then ms wouldn't mind as the xbox's eeprom AND hdd are different, whereas changing your hdd means your eeprom is the same BUT your hdd is different, that's how they spot a hardware change, i guess you could compare it to windows xp's activation to an extent (only as far as hardware changes though)

hence if you were to, say, sell your unbanned xbox and get a new one, and put your gt on that, then you'd have no problem apparently

that makes sense, billy.

thanks for the info.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26