xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Confirmed Method Of Banning  (Read 1742 times)

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
Confirmed Method Of Banning
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (pane2k @ Nov 11 2004, 11:22 PM)
Hey guys whats up.
While many of us are trying to rearrange files on hdd to avoid being banned by this new xbox live detection, it is serving no purpose.
MS is not checking the hdd, and i believe i have proof of this.
At first, like everyone else, i went on to play halo 2. 120gb hdd locked with an xecuter 3. Played all ngiht, woke up next morning and was banned.
When this happend i felt like doing a little experimenting.
Thanks to blackwolf, he was able to supply me with a few eeproms while i did a little bit of testing.
I used an unmodded hdd. Totally original hdd that came locked with this motherboard. Files were not tampered with in ANY way.
Went on xbox live, modchip disabled of course with this locked original untouched hdd.
After playing for about 10 minutes I noticed the color of my x3 switches changed.
Now for those of you are familiar with the x3, red means disabled, blue means enabled and a purplish color means backupmode.
As i was playing and sitting in a lobby waiting for a new game to start, i noticed the color of my switches changed from red to purplish(x3backupmode).
So my assumption here is that MS is scanning or putting power to certain LPC points to detect chips, thats the only reason why my modchip would turn from off to backupmode all on its own.
Sure enough, after the color change, i went on xbox live about 10 hours later, with the same locked original hdd. I was banned. Got the modified xbox error.

Now for a little more proof...
Many of you may or may not know a guy by the name of Peer.
He has a 160gb hdd loaded up with dashboards, apps, etc.
When halo 2 came out, he locked his hard drive, and took his chip of the LPC points.
He has been playing for 3 days on and off constantly with a 160gb modded locked hdd with no chip with no problems.

With all the above said, i believe it is very safe to say that MS is somehow checking the LPC points.
What this means? Chip revision? possible.
You also can probably take the chip off the points or unplug it everytime you want to play, which may be lame also.
What i was thinking was if you Take a switch for each LPC wire and solder it in between the motherboard and the chip, by switching it off will cut the chip off completely. So this may be an option, but is not tested yet.

If anyone would care to add, feel free.
Thank You,
pane

what were the versions of the xboxes on yours and peer's xboxes?

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (speciestraitor @ Nov 12 2004, 01:32 PM)
I have an XBIT w/120gb hdd.  I have played extensively on live with the chip in stealth mode the last 3 days (easily 20 hrs) and have had no problems whatsoever.  
I Got my xbox (v 1.3), signed up for live then modded & upgraded HDD - doing a Live account recovery.  

I'm runnin the M7 bios.

I haven't moved any files around at all - I have unsigned code in the c: drive, e: drive and f: drives.  I do not and never had any saves from the french version of Halo 2.

Just now though something odd happened.  I had Halo 2 in my dvd drive, unplugged my network cable, launched Unleash X - Launched XBMC, tooled around with the newest build, returned to Unleash X and launched 'DVD Media' to start playing the H2 SP campaign.

The wierd thing was it loaded up in black and white/grey and remained on black and white/grey until I reset and loaded H2 through the MSDash.  This was the first and only time I tried loading it with the XBIT on.

I read in the other posts in this thread that H2 dropped a file somewhere on the HDD - a file that may have left data detecting a mod chip.

I skimmed through a couple other threads here and can't find it again. One thread being 39 pgs and if I were to search for 'Halo 2' or 'file' it would be near impossible to find an exact match,so  if anyone knows what file H2 may drop in the the HDD and can lead me in the right direction where to find it, that would be awesome.

Or if anyone knows why it would have loaded in black and white/grey - that would be a great help also.

Thanks!

I think you meant this post

http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=1988301

which is a red herring

hnic6040

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

Takenover83

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2004, 06:11:00 AM »

I have a
1.4 xbox (its a halo LE Xbox) with Xecuter 2.3b Lite+ with 250g Harddrive. I boot with two different bios's, Xecuter 4981.06 and Ind-5003(both block Live). I disable the mod via the switch panel before I go on live.

Everything dashboard related is stored on the F partition. C partition is untouched. So im running in stealth mode. I have no save-hacks(exploits) on the E partition.

I created my gamertag after I moded my xbox.

I have been playing on xbox live with this setup for awhile now. I have been playing Halo 2 online sence release.

So no problems for me yet.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

So far, I'm an example of this situation not holding true in all cases.

I got my Xbox (v1.0) at xmas of '02. Bought a Live subscription when I bought the Xbox.

Just modded my system this past June.
- Xecuter 2.3B Lite chip
- WD 200GB HD
- EvoX 4977 (installed from Slayer's install ISO)
- Crap all over the place on the HD (wherever Slayer's disk put it, that's where it is)

Before I upgraded my HD, I FTP'd everything on my stock HD to my computer, then FTP'd all of that back to the new one once it was installed.

I picked up Halo 2 at 7PM ET on 11/9 and have been playing online every day since then. I've signed in and out at least ten times in those three days, and I have not been banned yet.

I also have not turned my modchip on since I loaded up Halo 2. I saw someone suggest that the Halo 2 disk leaves a piece of software on the HD that checks for mod software, and maybe me not turning on the modchip since I ran Halo 2 for the first time has something to do with it. I have no idea, I don't know how most of this works.

Your experience confirms "Marriage Theory" and refutes "LPC Scanning"

jabberwock

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »

There are plenty of people with large HDs who are still not banned. Also Xbox HDs are not all 8GB..a year ago some were 20gb and so maybe they're even larger now.

Takenover83

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

Why is everyone so resistant to the idea the MS MIGHT JUST BE CHECKING THE HARD DRIVE SIZE?! Since Xboxes come stock w/ an 8GB hard drive, all they'd have to do is check the size, see it's larger than an xbox has ever come with, query for serial numbers off the box, the ban you every time you try to log back on with it. It's pretty much that simple. To code to check hard drive size is NOT that complex.

From my understanding the retail bios can only see the original partition table. So if the retail bios cant see partitons F and G(and what ever other partitons you created) then it has no choice but to assume that its a standard 8-10 gig retail HD.

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (billy_dimashq @ Nov 12 2004, 10:51 PM)
i'm looking into maybe automating a procedure whereby i move all unnecessary saves (such as xbmc, emus etc) to the F drive, then turn off my chip and go into live. when i wanna play emus or whatever, i can just copy the saves back to E, all through evox commands. does anyone know if evox can do moving and deleting from the evox.ini like you can copy and format?)

Not sure about EvoX, but you could definitely do this using UnleashX.  It has pretty decent scripting capabilities.

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (zesty @ Nov 13 2004, 12:53 AM)
So far, I'm an example of this situation not holding true in all cases.

I got my Xbox (v1.0) at xmas of '02.  Bought a Live subscription when I bought the Xbox.

Just modded my system this past June.
- Xecuter 2.3B Lite chip
- WD 200GB HD
- EvoX 4977 (installed from Slayer's install ISO)
- Crap all over the place on the HD (wherever Slayer's disk put it, that's where it is)

Before I upgraded my HD, I FTP'd everything on my stock HD to my computer, then FTP'd all of that back to the new one once it was installed.

I picked up Halo 2 at 7PM ET on 11/9 and have been playing online every day since then.  I've signed in and out at least ten times in those three days, and I have not been banned yet.

I also have not turned my modchip on since I loaded up Halo 2.  I saw someone suggest that the Halo 2 disk leaves a piece of software on the HD that checks for mod software, and maybe me not turning on the modchip since I ran Halo 2 for the first time has something to do with it.  I have no idea, I don't know how most of this works.

Possibly the most important part of your post is the fact that you say you did your mods in June.  This would tend to indicate that MS started 'marrying' EEPROMS/HDDs some time in or after June.

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (jabberwock @ Nov 13 2004, 01:29 AM)
There are plenty of people with large HDs who are still not banned. Also Xbox HDs are not all 8GB..a year ago some were 20gb and so maybe they're even larger now.

No, they never had 20G HDDs in them.  They have only ever had 8 or 10 G HDDs in them.

jabberwock

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

Really? I must have aquired a mystery 20gb HD then and lost my original XBox one.. i spose these things happen.

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2004, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (jabberwock @ Nov 13 2004, 02:19 AM)
Really? I must have aquired a mystery 20gb HD then and lost my original XBox one.. i spose these things happen.

Was that sarcasm?  Do you have proof of this 20G stock Xbox HDD?

Pikachu

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

dzv, supposedly there is one.  I have heard.  It was rare but basically you had to reformat the hdd and you would get a 20gb drive.  It would come from factory formatted as a 8-10 gb drive though.

Shiro

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (soulz4u @ Nov 12 2004, 02:05 AM)
Ever since this mass banning has occured I have been logging on to live ever day since, I have a XBIT, with a 80gb locked hdd.  I first joined Live when my xbox was totally unmodded, when I added my 80gb I did an account recovery, and got my Live account back. I used the Xdisk to install the dashboards etc...I ftp'd to my box and noticed that my c: had evox files and other dashboard files on it, so I put the xbit to stealth mode, yesterday logged onto Live and still wasnt banned, I just tried it tonight and I'm still not banned yet, mind you I havent taken the new update yet cause I haven't been able to get my hands on a retail verison of Halo 2 yet... I also think I'm not banned yet, because I did a account recovery after I installed my new hdd, so by doin this would of updated the Live database with the new hd serial, so pretty much Live things I recovered my account on to another box...  oh ya I'm using the 4983.07 bios .  If I get banned after the halo 2 update I'll let ya know...
soul

I did exactly the same thing as you .. but i am banned.

jabberwock

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

No.. not sarcasm at all. I was basing my thought that 20gb drives are in some xboxes on the fact that i was looking at a 20gb drive at home last night that i've had lying in a cupboard for a while.. can't think where it could have come from except my xbox... that's all. And now i don't know where my Xbox drive has gone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26