xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Confirmed Method Of Banning  (Read 1757 times)

dzv

• Archived User
Confirmed Method Of Banning
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2004, 07:41:00 AM »

smile.gif

I know that a lot of people have mistakenly thought they have a 20G HDD, because on the HDD sticker they see something like "LBA 20,005,650" and think that it must be a 20G HDD.  These HDDs are not 20G.

jabberwock

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2004, 07:42:00 AM »

Ah.. that could be it then.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

smile.gif

My Setup:

- Xbox v1.0
- 160GB Locked Samsung HDD
- SmartXX v2
- Never used any leaked / pirated games
- All gamesaves are legit
- Standard dashboard files on C: and apps, etc on e:, f:

Those who know nothing about this will not agree, but perhaps SmartXX's design relating to the Crypt-Stealth Technology is exactly all it's cracked up to be.  wink.gif

DirtyL

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

BS, I think the simple detection by MS is checking how much space is on your harddrive. Just like any other MS product they cannot check your machine unless you give them permission to do  so. They have software that checks available harddrive space which is legal to do for updates and game saves. If your drive shows are being over the 10gigs that come with xbox then your going to get banned. There is not enough voltage being taken from the mod chip to detect it on the soldered pins. The chip is turned off so the is no way to send a signal to it, (switches route electrical signals) acts as pathways, if there is no path no signal can go down to detect it.

jabberwock

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »

I agree with the second half of your paragraph Dirty but there is much evidence contradicting the first bit. For example we have given permission for MS to look at our hard drive when we signed up to live. Also many people with stock drives are getting banned and many with larger ones aren't.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2004, 08:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (Pikachu @ Nov 12 2004, 04:37 PM)
dzv, supposedly there is one.  I have heard.  It was rare but basically you had to reformat the hdd and you would get a 20gb drive.  It would come from factory formatted as a 8-10 gb drive though.

Sounds like corrupted memories (the soft squishy type wink.gif)

As far as I know there are only 8 and 10GB drives, and they all come formatted as 8GB drives.

If there was a 20GB drive, it would come formatted as 8GB too.

jabberwock

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (jabberwock @ Nov 13 2004, 03:30 AM)
Hold tight 20GB doubters:

http://www.xbox-emul...mber-2002.shtml

Mines PAL, bought in the UK version 1.3.

They made the same mistake of reading the LBA size wink.gif

jabberwock

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

Ha.. maybe. I can't check till SUnday night though. Thing is I don't think i did make that mistake 'coz i read on the label something like "20801120231blah bytes where i gig=1064465bytes" etc.. obviously all my numbers are wrong there but you get my point.

fuzzai

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2004, 08:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (lookformeb @ Nov 12 2004, 10:50 AM)
Just my input:

I'v been on Halo2 since it came out...  Guess what?  No bans yet (knock on wood).  smile.gif

My Setup:

- Xbox v1.0
- 160GB Locked Samsung HDD
- SmartXX v2
- Never used any leaked / pirated games
- All gamesaves are legit
- Standard dashboard files on C: and apps, etc on e:, f:

Those who know nothing about this will not agree, but perhaps SmartXX's design relating to the Crypt-Stealth Technology is exactly all it's cracked up to be.  wink.gif

i have a smartxx v2. no leaked game plays. all saves are legit.
40 gig Locked HD. and i went on ONCE with CHIP OFF to download a golf course from Links 2004, and a day after that i was banned. sad.gif

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

would i be good to go if i

Never been on XBL, modded my V1.4 or 5 xbox in march of this year and have no foreign files on c or e? and what would be a easy way to disable my chip so M$ can't detect it? i got DSL specifically for live and i don't want to get banned.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2004, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (fuzzai @ Nov 12 2004, 05:39 PM)
i have a smartxx v2. no leaked game plays. all saves are legit.
40 gig Locked HD. and i went on ONCE with CHIP OFF to download a golf course from Links 2004, and a day after that i was banned. sad.gif

When you say once? you mean EVER?

when did you first connect your xbox to XBL?

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (DirtyL @ Nov 13 2004, 03:20 AM)
BS, I think the simple detection by MS is checking how much space is on your harddrive. Just like any other MS product they cannot check your machine unless you give them permission to do  so. They have software that checks available harddrive space which is legal to do for updates and game saves. If your drive shows are being over the 10gigs that come with xbox then your going to get banned.

When the chip is off, and the retail BIOS is loaded, the Xbox actually is not capable of reading any data above the 8g limit.  The partition table is located in the BIOS, and the MS BIOS only allows for 8g of HDD usage.  So, I don't believe there is any way for MS to ban you based on how much space you have on your HDD, because when you are on Live with the chip off, they can only see 8g, no matter what HDD you have in there.
There is not enough voltage being taken from the mod chip to detect it on the soldered pins. The chip is turned off so the is no way to send a signal to it, (switches route electrical signals) acts as pathways, if there is no path no signal can go down to detect it.

I'm afraid this part is wrong, too.  The majority of modchips do not actually 'switch off' when you disable them.  The disable switch only disconnects the D0 from ground, telling the Xbox to boot from TSOP.  However, the modchip is still powered up on the LPC, and it would communicate with any signals it receives.  This 'flaw' has been (for the most part) fixed in the newer chips because of the need for the chip to be fully powered off when disabled in v1.6 Xboxes.

Orangey

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

smile.gif

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

DOnt know if this might work but ppl that belive it scaning for modchip have any 1 tried flashing an original bios image onto teh chip if it checks for bios image wont it read its original there for returning back as no chip?.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26