xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Confirmed Method Of Banning  (Read 1740 times)

pane2k

• Archived User
Confirmed Method Of Banning
« on: November 11, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

Hey guys whats up.
While many of us are trying to rearrange files on hdd to avoid being banned by this new xbox live detection, it is serving no purpose.
MS is not checking the hdd, and i believe i have proof of this.
At first, like everyone else, i went on to play halo 2. 120gb hdd locked with an xecuter 3. Played all ngiht, woke up next morning and was banned.
When this happend i felt like doing a little experimenting.
Thanks to blackwolf, he was able to supply me with a few eeproms while i did a little bit of testing.
I used an unmodded hdd. Totally original hdd that came locked with this motherboard. Files were not tampered with in ANY way.
Went on xbox live, modchip disabled of course with this locked original untouched hdd.
After playing for about 10 minutes I noticed the color of my x3 switches changed.
Now for those of you are familiar with the x3, red means disabled, blue means enabled and a purplish color means backupmode.
As i was playing and sitting in a lobby waiting for a new game to start, i noticed the color of my switches changed from red to purplish(x3backupmode).
So my assumption here is that MS is scanning or putting power to certain LPC points to detect chips, thats the only reason why my modchip would turn from off to backupmode all on its own.
Sure enough, after the color change, i went on xbox live about 10 hours later, with the same locked original hdd. I was banned. Got the modified xbox error.

Now for a little more proof...
Many of you may or may not know a guy by the name of Peer.
He has a 160gb hdd loaded up with dashboards, apps, etc.
When halo 2 came out, he locked his hard drive, and took his chip of the LPC points.
He has been playing for 3 days on and off constantly with a 160gb modded locked hdd with no chip with no problems.

With all the above said, i believe it is very safe to say that MS is somehow checking the LPC points.
What this means? Chip revision? possible.
You also can probably take the chip off the points or unplug it everytime you want to play, which may be lame also.
What i was thinking was if you Take a switch for each LPC wire and solder it in between the motherboard and the chip, by switching it off will cut the chip off completely. So this may be an option, but is not tested yet.

If anyone would care to add, feel free.
Thank You,
pane

switch263

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

in response to this, I can see how this could be very possible, given pane2k's experiences with it. I, however, have had a MUCH different experience.

First off, my overall stats:
80 gig HDD (Locked)
All apps on F now, C and E reverted back to completely stock.
X2 lite chip

Now, when I wired my switch into my chip, I had to do it a bit retarded-style, since the original X2 lites had a jumper to enable/disable the chip. My switch, then, essentially plays the role of that jumper. As of today, I've been playing Halo 2 online since release day, and I haven't gotten banned yet.

If the LPC powering theory pans out, is it possible that the older generation of chips aren't really succeptable to this problem? Thats what I'm leaning towards, seeing as how I haven't gotten banned yet, and people such as pane have.

Any opinions, or other experiences will be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to get banned. :-/

bengu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »

That sounds like that would make sense as to why I got banned just today, even after putting my stock unmodified hd in and also a new eeprom, neither of which has ever been on live before.  And I no there are going to be people that will think I did something wrong when doing this, but I didn’t believe it or not I did everything I should of according to other theories and I still got banned.

now i have to cancel my subscription dam.  I guess I will be buying a new mod chip when the fix this.

Syphon Filter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (switch263 @ Nov 11 2004, 11:33 PM)
in response to this, I can see how this could be very possible, given pane2k's experiences with it. I, however, have had a MUCH different experience.

First off, my overall stats:
80 gig HDD (Locked)
All apps on F now, C and E reverted back to completely stock.
X2 lite chip

Now, when I wired my switch into my chip, I had to do it a bit retarded-style, since the original X2 lites had a jumper to enable/disable the chip. My switch, then, essentially plays the role of that jumper. As of today, I've been playing Halo 2 online since release day, and I haven't gotten banned yet.

If the LPC powering theory pans out, is it possible that the older generation of chips aren't really succeptable to this problem? Thats what I'm leaning towards, seeing as how I haven't gotten banned yet, and people such as pane have.

Any opinions, or other experiences will be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to get banned. :-/

quite possible...

I too have an x2 lite connected and went on live today at 8am GMT. Not banned as of yet. Just removed my chip fron the LPC tho. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »

Xbox v1.6 has the onboard bios booting from the LPC bus tho. MS could indeed detected booting from LPC (has even been proven that a bit changes in the MCPX when booting from LPC ... so wouldn't be impossible to check status of bit) ... but then they would ban all xbox v1.6s.
And people with exploits and TSOP installs also get banned. (atleast that's how it looks like)

billy_dimashq

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

i've got an x2 lite too

as was mentioned, the switch is a bit more physical i bet as it's an on/off switch

that's why i'm scared of these aladdin chips with their 'eject to disable' style

once i fix my xbox hdd mess (see my thread in this very section) i'll try going online just for the hell of it. hey, i'm only using 2 month trials anyway tongue.gif

dafuzzbudd

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

people have said that when you register a gamertag, that's when the hard drive serial is compared to your eeprom, sooo.. if he just got live (he said specifically he just locked his drive) so live thinks that drive is the original.. the scanning of lpc points seems a little off, but then again i probably dont know what im talking about

wagner

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

If one were to get a new "revised" chip in the future, would this revised chip somehow make my banned EEPROM  valid again?

Or do I have to go through further trouble of getting a new HD and a new EEPROM as well as a new chip? If this is the case, I say screw it. I'm just either going to get a new Xbox or just forget Live altogether.

X-iRuZ

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

this is scary stuff i say revolt every1 get XBC

mastershake

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

just want to know i'm safe for the "LPC" scare (if it is indeed a scare).
My D0 is wired through a toggle switch. (when said switch is off, D0 is phisically severed).  in this case LPC scanning would detect nothing, right?

switch263

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (mastershake @ Nov 12 2004, 12:39 AM)
just want to know i'm safe for the "LPC" scare (if it is indeed a scare).
My D0 is wired through a toggle switch. (when said switch is off, D0 is phisically severed).  in this case LPC scanning would detect nothing, right?

I'm thinking about wiring one of those in, too, just to be safe.

From the look of this, only newer xbox's have this capability?

We need some input from people who have been banned via this 'method', as to what version xbox they have, etcetera.

Decado1

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

Hmmm.  So it will work fine the first time (don't know about "locking" the HD though)?

All I want to do is DL some additional content (should only take one try).  Don't really care if I can't play on LIVE! after that.

thanks

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »

What about the softmodders that are being banned too?

bLiZZaRd1284

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

I'm about to test this

i have a 250gb hd never been on live,  and i'm getting a new eeproms from [email protected], i'm going to install everything lock the hd and take of my x2.3b lite + chip and just play live 2nite and see if i get banned tomorrow

anyone else think i should do this or is this just a waste of time and M$ is really checking hd model #'s

This post has been edited by bLiZZaRd1284: Nov 11 2004, 11:59 PM

Kopite_84

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

I look forward to any info on this from anyone with an Alladin. I myslef have yet to be banned with an Alladin. But it's been less that 24 hours.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26