xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Would You Like A Xbox360 Theme For Xbmc?  (Read 324 times)

Obiwan Kanobi

• Archived User
Would You Like A Xbox360 Theme For Xbmc?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(-Gadget- @ Dec 19 2005, 04:15 PM) View Post

the one that exists now is pretty dam fine in it self smile.gif
would it not be easier, to either just use that ! .. or improve on whats already there ?

Mick ..

I asume you mean the one made by Kotix and Britneyspears. That one is indeed fine in the way it is being used  only I wish the colorschemes and background on main could be changes more like the 360 theme. I am not a skinner and have no clue where to start so if someone could step up and change the 360 theme that allready is among us... rolleyes.gif

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2005, 02:01:00 AM »

After xmas im planning on doing it properly as we now have sliders. And when v2 is finalised I will do it properly not the quick hack I did with Kotix.

High res shots of the glass effects or video of it running would help alot so I can concept it better. Im planing on making the tabs be customisable colors using maybe themes or maybe switchs in the gui.

Cheers guys

Obiwan Kanobi

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

Wow BritneySpears I am glad you are looking into it! I was hoping you would notice my poll! I know for sure you are able to duplicate the 360 experiance with your theme, you are allmost there! THANKS pop.gif

I will have a look around and see if i can find a video or screencap with all the 360 tabs and colors so you have something to work with!

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2005, 03:26:00 AM »

No worries.........the first hack was a quick hack as a concept. I was hoping someone would run with it. But now ive massively redone PM3 to have tones of personalisation and 50 themes ill start work on X360 skin. But at the moment in the next few weeks the skin engine is changing alot so I might start when its settled a bit and the bugs are gone.

PS I dont have an xbox 360 and they arnt in my country so high res video or tabs changing etc and good pics of the glass effect on top. That way ill add a switch so you can run your own pics in slideshow under the glass x360 skin

Cheers

PS some ideas ive toyed around with. So what you think about this stuff

1) No visible buttons only thumbpanels (if you press start or a key it would drop all buttons like white button does) so you can change stuff if you want but it doesnt clutter interface

2) Make a button for left and right that will jump panels eg right left triggers (but these are used for up/down scrolling) ill think about keymap a bit more

3) 3 way switch for panels a) Unsaturated greyscale  cool.gif light pastel colors  c) bright colors   although colors would be the same you could vary the strenth to suit personal taste.

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »

Thanks Britneypairs, i'm sure we're gonna love it when done. Can't wait to see the redone PM3 with themes you mentioned. Whoo-hooo!!!
  Here are some of the cleanest picture's i could get my hands on to date I uploaded to use. My friend was supposed to get one from a friend working at a Walmart, but choose not too, else i would've been able to get as many as i made. Same as me. I'm a manager at a Blockbuster, and had an oportunity to buy one, but didn't either. Too many problems with them right now. I'll wait til this 'mod' chip is really available. Hope this might be of use to you.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

ImpreZme

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 03:23:00 AM »

Here ´s a video of the dashboard, not top quality but it should give you a hint what its like

http://www.bjorn3d.c...=download&id=33

emla2bu7a5

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(ImpreZme @ Dec 26 2005, 11:30 AM) View Post

Here ´s a video of the dashboard, not top quality but it should give you a hint what its like

http://www.bjorn3d.c...=download&id=33

this is the xbox 360's interface?
sry to ask because for some reason i cant see the video

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

cheers for video now all i need is a high res shot or 2

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

I bet SOMEONE in these forums has an XBox360 and capture card they can get some snapshots???

I admit that's a decent video shown as well. Nice.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »

opps wrong last post, cheers guys for stuff I really want to replicate a glass look but dont have the images the video is all good and those old images where nice and high res but just not quite correct. Would be nice to have a res shot or 2 soon smile.gif

Obiwan Kanobi

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 06:53:00 AM »

I have been searching for a while now but no hi-res images can be found. The only link with some good looking pictures can be found here: http://www.betanews....r_Interface/6/1. If you can't use them as a reference you can use them to get an good idea of the colors being used.

Takenover83

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »

I found this on xbox-skins, maybe you can use some of the images from this skin to base your work off of.

http://www.xbox-skin...p?download=5271

Obiwan Kanobi

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 05:51:00 AM »

And we have a winner Blackbolt Mc60!

jets

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »

No. If I want to look at that I'll buy a 360 - PMIII roxx.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Obiwan Kanobi @ Jan 3 2006, 06:58 AM) View Post

And we have a winner Blackbolt Mc60!

I agree! It's going to be awesome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4