xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Would You Like A Xbox360 Theme For Xbmc?  (Read 323 times)

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Would You Like A Xbox360 Theme For Xbmc?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

Precautions are being taken to make sure mc60 is secure from unofficial mods. mc60 will not be painted like a whore and flogged to the unassuming.

ravage73

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Jan 17 2006, 09:37 AM) View Post

Precautions are being taken to make sure mc60 is secure from unofficial mods. mc60 will not be painted like a whore and flogged to the unassuming.

thats right! protect your shit.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Jan 22 2006, 11:40 AM) View Post

I hope you can protect it..... but most things get pimped in there life. Its a sad fact of life. But I do hope the engine is changed to offer more protection if the wish is for it to not be open source. ummmmmm even if Xbox 360 dash developers feel they have been painted a whore and  pimped out

Get Over yourself, we aint Pimping anyone elses work, we are simple recreating, from scratch I might add, which is alot of god damn work, the beautifully simple Xbox 360 dash. I know its been tried before by several skinners, to horrendous results, but this time its being done by the best of the best, in a team. This 100% all created from scratch in the image of a true amazing GUI.

I have a thing for GUI's I love them, maybe I should become a FrontEnd developer for games and software.

So anyway, BP, i have one thing to say to you, you are an INker, a tracer, Banky Edwards.

And it WILL be secure, so people cant get their sticky little ninja fingers on it! wink.gif

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

blink.gif

unsure.gif

blink.gif

huh.gif

ph34r.gif

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

I say close it up, so the gods can have it there way, and the peasants can get what they are given. Only the choosen ones have the skills the peasants must remember this.

Long live the gods  tongue.gif

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

"There can be only one!!!!" Wphsh!!! LOL.

nme61

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 06:27:00 AM »

Hi BritneysPAIRS not sure if you still need the vid but here one i got on www.360x.org.uk if you need it better quailty i can do you one with in reason but would have to have somewhere to up it to  

Dashboard

hope it helps

j_guzzler

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

I am almost getting sick and tired of this MC60 stuff right now, Its being built up to be the biggest hype since a modded Xbox.

(BEFORE YOU BLOW UP A MAKE SOME STUPID REMARK BLACKBOLT) dont get me wrong, the graphics are awesome, like nothing I have seen before, very professional, but in fact it is a copy.

You said it yourself, you want this skin to be an exact replica of the x360 GUI.  So does that mean you are also going to block the functionality of what XBMC has to offer...maybe only allow it to play divx and .wmv, and only .mps and .wma, you can only stream to the xbox now if you have MCE on your pc.

YOu keep on saying that you want opinions, but then when someone gives them, well thats another story.

Yes, we know how professional it is going to be, and how much time its going to take (youve told us 1000 times) but dont come on this site and start saying that people have made god awful attempts to make something......its an attempt, they tried, dont bash because someone tried and might have a life to spend with others rather than putting all of our efforts into a skin that will be replaced in the future (Gauranteed).

Most of us do things like this as a Hobby and to kill time, if we try to do something new and it doesnt work out, well then oh well thanks for the effort.

As for the X360 skin, it looks nice and professional, but it doesnt even come close to doing XBMC justice.

Open source is to create one thing and then have peoples opinions/modds to make it better and everyone happy.  I dont think anyone here has ever said, heres my mod-now the skin is 100 times better and forget about the original creator.

If someone mods your skin....who really gives a shit, you know how much time you put in it, and we all know what you did as well.....but we also know what you didnt do/wont do....

All in all, you skin "Looks" awesome, but as many have said, if its "copying" what the x360 GUI can do, then big fricking deal, besides i am 98% sure x360 developers used XBMC for their ideas.......

anyways JMHO

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

as I said I only spent one night on X360(and I got pretty far in a night id say) I did it as a demo of what could be, handed over all source and hoped somone would finish it. I have another project much bigger Ive been working on sorry......and its in the final stages of others testing now smile.gif many are now looking at it and I hope to release it really soon. Wont be for every one but it should roll up years of questions and experince and hand it over to newbes so they can enjoy the potention of the xbox in non tech, graphical nice (personalisable) piece of software, that is being made, a GUI to not be like xbox/pc software but as something bought from a shop that mum and your 7 year old daughter can pickup and use for exactly what they generally want to use it for. Its a whole package not a skin.....but the skin is big part of it.

my rant.....ill supply all source and if people pick it peices no worries it will be there for all to use. Cheers

ravage73

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(j_guzzler @ Jan 23 2006, 02:20 PM) View Post

(BEFORE YOU BLOW UP A MAKE SOME STUPID REMARK BLACKBOLT) dont get me wrong, the graphics are awesome, like nothing I have seen before, very professional, but in fact it is a copy.

DUH! of course its a copy. u cant put the real 360 dash on the original xbox.

You said it yourself, you want this skin to be an exact replica of the x360 GUI.  So does that mean you are also going to block the functionality of what XBMC has to offer...maybe only allow it to play divx and .wmv, and only .mps and .wma, you can only stream to the xbox now if you have MCE on your pc.

now your just being a dick.

it doesnt even come close to doing XBMC justice.

and u know this how?

sportsguy1237

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »

close this thread its just a waste of time. if u wanna discuss the mc360 skin, it has its own thread. x360 died. its over. close the thread.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »

x360 is dead but dont be to sure someting will rise from the ashes........... this thread is probably over though

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2006, 06:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(j_guzzler @ Jan 24 2006, 12:15 AM) View Post

Because I know what the x360 gui can do, and what XBMC can do, and I must say XBMC is 100times more functionall than x360gui....so in  fact if I was to say that an exact copy of the x360skin was made, then in fact it might just have the same functionality of the x360gui....so my earlier comment is correct.

and...no im not being a dick...i am stating my opinion that you obviously dont agree with....I was stating that I dont like the fact that this skin will have the best graphical look of any skin out there, but will probably not be as functional as other  skins.....even that doesnt bother me that much...Its the fact that someone is taking the time to make sure no one can mod a skin thats used on an open source project.....whats the point of open soucring if its not open source.....

j_guzzler, I mistakenly gave you credit in my thread. MISTAKENLY. You are a dick, you seam so angry with what I am doing, to the point of jealousy! Whats your fucking deal? You don't like me making a 360 skin, thats fine, but to come on hear having a go at me saying things like I dont have a life, I spend too much time on my skin, blah blah blah, thats fucking childish man, sad and pathetic. When you show me something that you have done, then you can be in a position to say things like that.

And further more you dumb fuck, MC360 is a fucking SKIN for xbmc, that means it SKINS the functions of XBMC, I can't stop xbmc playing divx's, thats the most stupid Idea I have ever heard, you better be a 10 year old girl or something because if you aint you just made a holy show of yourself.

Just fuck off, I can't listen to your malicious shit chat anymore, there are opinions and then there are just asshole comments. Learn some tact you fucking moron.

deanrparry

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »

This is ALL pathetic... I really thought more of you guys - especially the regulars.

Enjoy your petty playground banter. I'm off to find a more constructive mature thread to read.

Good luck with the skin BlackBolt and my personal opinion...  don't release it to anyone unless they have donated or are part of the XBMC Development Team i've seen how difficult and time consuming skinning is just reading Chokey & Smokeheads changelogs.

mad.gif

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

I think that was big of you to tell him that. And needed to be said. I personally don't like seeing ever anyone yell or grip at each other, when we're mostly all friends and have been here for a while. We're supposed to have fun here after all. I respect that you posted your PM here for us to read to let us know you didn't mean to take that tone of voice.
 I have personally dev't a couple skins for some pc programs and helped with some xbmc skins, and it's not easy at all. And to spend months after months making one, and have one person spend 10-30minutes making a couple changes and re-releasing it getting credit even for it, isn't quite right. So i see both sides of the point.
 Anyway, i can't wait to see the 360 skin come out. It's looking absolutely fantastic, and to Blackbolt, i hope things are going smoothly for you and all. Good luck with it, and we all are very much looking forward to it's release some day. Thank you for your contribution to the scene.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4