xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Record Tv Program Into Xbox's Hard Drive  (Read 22 times)

riahc3

• Archived User
Record Tv Program Into Xbox's Hard Drive
« on: March 30, 2005, 04:02:00 AM »

Is it possible for a future feature that XBMC allows me to record a TV program onto my Xbox (Like TiVo is). Im not sure if the hardware in the Xbox is adecute for a input video signal which will allow to record TV onto the Xbox's harddrive. Can it be done?

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

it could be done by streaming video over the network and saving it, but this is beyond the scope of the xbmc project. There are plenty of free (mythtv linux, media portal win32) and paid for (snapstream, sagetv) PVR products. There is currently a tivo, mythtv, and dreambox frontend. Possibly more I do not know.

If you wish to use xbmc as a TV you will need to invest in a proper PVR

riahc3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Loto_Bak @ Mar 30 2005, 11:53 PM)
it could be done by streaming video over the network and saving it, but this is beyond the scope of the xbmc project. There are plenty of free (mythtv linux, media portal win32) and paid for (snapstream, sagetv) PVR products. There is currently a tivo, mythtv, and dreambox frontend. Possibly more I do not know.

If you wish to use xbmc as a TV you will need to invest in a proper PVR

So your saying that if under Linux i install for example this MythTV Linux, I can record what I watch on TV directly to the Xbox without a use of another PC? Then I can reproduce it thru XBMC.....

Can it be done?