xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Changing Embedded Xbe Game Name  (Read 73 times)

Vol4Ever

• Archived User
Changing Embedded Xbe Game Name
« on: March 30, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

XBMC online manual (http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.php?wakka=HomePage) seems to be down, so I'll ask here.

One of my games has a corrupt name inside the XBE file, but the game itself plays fine.  Is there any way to modify & patch the embedded name (preference 1) or to force XBMC to use the directory name rather than the embedded name (preference 2)?

TIA!

~Vol

setharial

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

Are you using DVD2XBOX?  If so you can open it, browse the harddrive, find the xbe, and edit it to your liking.

Good luck!

Vol4Ever

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

Yes.  I use DVD2XBOX.  I didn't realize it would do that.  COOOOOL!!  I'll try when I get home tonight . . . .

Thanks for the info.

ice1138

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vol4Ever @ Mar 30 2005, 03:38 PM)
One of my games has a corrupt name inside the XBE file, but the game itself plays fine.  Is there any way to modify & patch the embedded name (preference 1) or to force XBMC to use the directory name rather than the embedded name (preference 2)?

If you are using XBMC as your dash, you can go into the 'My Programs' settings and there is an option to use the folder name instead of the embedded xbe name.

-ice1138

This post has been edited by ice1138: Mar 31 2005, 06:41 AM

Vol4Ever

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 07:12:00 AM »

Last night I finally figured out how to rename using DVD2XBOX.  The feature is "hidden" fairly well!  At the same time, I found the referenced setting in XBMC as well.

Thanks to both for the responses.  X-S rocks!

~Vol

setharial

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »

Are you a Volunteer fan?  From your nick i'd say so.

Congrats on figuring it out!  It is a very hidden feature (trigger button haha).  I use it all the time to change my XBE names so they all have the same caps and spaces and what not. Plus some games have strange XBE names, like Fight Night Round 2 is  EA Sports FN2.  That bugs the crap out of me sometimes. haha