xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]

Author Topic: Defective Xbox 360 ?  (Read 5029 times)

MetalMiketh

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #810 on: March 14, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

I've fixed it.

Just needed Re Flowing

irulerockaway

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #811 on: March 30, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

i got a new secondary error code 0100 3rrod i believe im narrowing my problem to the gpu

irulerockaway

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #812 on: April 05, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »

now im really confused 3rrod with secodary code 0100 and im playing mw2 right now im puzzled blink.gif

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #813 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »

you must have a miracle box. BTW u internet upload is ass.
But yeah that is very strange redring yet ur playing, i wish mine would do that, Freaking hate E73

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #814 on: April 11, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(NinjaBlue2 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:30 PM) View Post

Hey guys, im trying to fix rrod on my 360 and im at the part where you put it back together and overheat it. when i turn it on the fans go on high for a second then turn off and 2 red lights flash (top 2 if vertical left 2 if horizontal)
plz help i miss my xbox!!!

Sounds like you used way to much thermal paste and now your not getting good contact with the heatsinks.

Xbox360_Fan90

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #815 on: April 12, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »

My DVD drive in particular has been acting weird lately. The disc tray button is barely inputting the open/close command.

This happened to me two or three times, but when I inserted a game, it said "Play DVD", so I reinserted the disc and then it says "Play Game".

Romolo101

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #816 on: April 12, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »

HI

Done alot of research but fixing 1st box

got 3 red lights error 1020.

used: http://xboxdiy.blogs...-360-error.html

Performed fix with kit. Baked for nearly 15 mins after 2 red lights.

Cooled down.. same error

retightened bolts twice more... THey are now at sensible maximum.. i dont want to tighten anymore

still no joy

I have also tried penny fix to ram chips as there was NOTHING on the chips.. also tried rubber too... but current pennies in elec tape

What to do.. please help

thanks

r

RandomCowGoesMoo

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #817 on: May 23, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

I have a E65 Error and 1 Red light.
I read its a bad DVD drive Flash or the DVD drive not being closed fully.
Its not that for me.

It is however a problem with the DVD drive.
Its a samsung

Just power cable connected = Green light flashing like there is no DVD drive
No power cable No sata Pins 4&6 briged = no blinking light
Power and sata = 1 Red light + E65

Can anybody help me?
Tell me any way to troubleshoot my drive?

Arseni009

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #818 on: June 07, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »

get Foam rubber pad kit now available an
d put then into dvd drive under seal dvd drive works 100% mail me [email protected] (pro repairs)

Kluak

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #819 on: September 30, 2010, 02:30:00 AM »

uhh.gif

Ok. So i am fixing an xbox for a friend. He had it modded a while ago from some other dude, also had the x-clamp mode done to it. But the tool that x-clamped it didn't put the washers for spacers and just put screws to hold down the heat sinks. On top of that he only put back about 4 of the screws to hold down the mother board and then the 6 for the case.

So now im pretty positive that the mother board is warped form all the heat.

So what is going on now....

I took the 360 apart, re-did the x-clamp and made it right.

Started up the xbox, still got 3 red lights, thought nothing of it and waited for it to overheat so i could re boot it and have it work.

well it never over heated, even after an hour. I put my hand on the GPU heat sink and it was on fire, put my hand on the CPU heat sink... it was just warm. (idk if this means anything but ya...)

So i do the error code thing where you push sync button and eject, but all i get is the 4 red lights... no matter how many times i push the eject button while holding the sync button. BUT if i push the eject button twice really fast, i get only the top left light flashing...........? IDK whats up?

Is this mobo broken?

the screen is just black. no error codes on the tv.

But if i dont have the fans on, or the heat sinks on, the xbox will over heat and throw the 2 red lights and either error 0011 or **12 or **13

any help PLEASE!!!

Thank you.

holeofdarkness

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #820 on: January 26, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(JeffPinkston @ Nov 22 2005, 10:40 PM) View Post

After my conversation with MS I was told this warning (Red in Sector 1,3 and 4) indicated hardware failure.

Try to go to this blog at xbox ring of death fix in under 40 minutes you will learn how to fix xbox red ring of death as soon as possible.

danthaman673

• Archived User
Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #821 on: November 26, 2011, 01:36:00 AM »

Hi there ppl, I was wondering if any other repairers out there might have figured-out a means of getting secondary codes from JTAG boxes? It appears that the Xell-eject boot seems to interfere with the system's catching of the error codes. If there are any other repairers out there that know of a way then pls share.

Brgds/Dan

PS: It's funny how half this forum is filled with ppl wondering why their 'x-clamp kit' (and other dodgy 'fixes') don't work. If you need it done properly, you should either get someone 'proper' to do it or learn how to do it properly (which will end-up taking-up years of ur life and cost more than a 50$ reflow or an 100$ re-ball,(Not to mention the cost of the correct tools and chemicals etc.. that's in the 1000's) but judging by this forum and the ppl we get coming to us to fix their botched 'fixes' done by them, a friend (usually following some insane Utube tut) or (becoming more common) backyard/incompetent repairers ...the demand for decent multi-layer SMT-rework/repair skills is strong
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]