xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Best Deals on Verbatim +R DL  (Read 2691 times)

sosotiit

• Archived User
Best Deals on Verbatim +R DL
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »

The objective of the Backup Forum as per the front page of the forums.xbox-scene.com is
"Technical and General discussion about DVD DL burning, and iso creation and manipulation for the purpose of archival backup of material you own. Hard Moderated."

It is not about the the best place to find DVDs and such discussions would fall outside the scope of this forum. On the other hand, so many of the problems we see here are coming from people using DVDs that do not produce adequate results, and often these are as expensive as the higher grade DVDs.

It is well recognize that the Verbatim +R DL are today (jan 2007) the best media for your X360 backups.

With the only objective to support the backup effort of the members with information to access adequate media at a price that is equivalent (or sometimes better) than some of the lower quality media, we could post here any deals we might see on the Verbatim +R DL Media.

In the context of how this barely fit in the scope of this forum, we must accept some rules:

1) All X-S rules are in effect.
2) When you see a good deal on verbatim and that you are not the party selling, plse post it.
3) If you own the DVDs or work for a party selling the dvds, then you are not allowed to post in this topic. In that case please go the B/S/T forum and post there (read carefully and comply to the rules of that forum).
4) Do not ask "Hi, Where can I find ... I leave in..." without searching the thread first or your post will be removed.
5) Do not post about other brand, unless it is one of the rare case of Verbatim inside (MKM00x)

The posts in this thread are obviously For Your Information only and anyone choosing to conduct any sort of transaction with any of the parties mentionned does so at their own risk and expense.

Enjoy, get the good stuff, it is worthed  cool.gif .

Note:  There are sites like CDFreaks.com that are focused on CD/DVD/Burner and where you can find far more extensive information on DVD media and burner bargains (CD Freaks Bargain Basement).

WARNING: It was mentionned in another thread recently (and in some indutry sites including verbatim-outsources-double-layer-dvd-production-to-india ), it seems verbatim will start outsourcing part of his DVD +R DL production to MBI (Moser Baer India). You should start seeing these on the shelves end of Q1 or early Q2 2007. The current unconfirmed news are that they will continue to produce at their Singapore facilities as well. No word yet whether the production of the respective facilities will be assigned by region or not. It would be good to start looking at the label and search for a "Made in Singapore" wink.gif .

Rgds, soso

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »

Might be worth pinning this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)    Anyways as it sits right now there is nothing really good going on in the US:

Here is the best deal on D/L DVD+R:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817130013

Jaymus

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_...duct_id=0236597

2.4x 8.5GB/240 Minute Double Layer DVD+R Disc 20-Pack Spindle

Mfr. Verbatim
Mfr. Part No. 95310  
SKU 231878
UPC 023942953104
Availability Usually ships in 1-3 business days.

Price $34.99

1 dollar more, but for people that have Microcenters around, so you can just pick it up.

I got bunch of these when they were $29.99 a while back. But it's $34.99 now

mc gusto

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »

This topic would make a great sticky!

Here in Mississauga, Ontario:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?d...&cid=719.88

Verbatim 2.4X 8.5GB DVD+R Dual Layer Spindle10-pack $22.99

The cheapest I could find around here... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Oops, just saw the post for $24.99 x 20 at Futureshop.  Damn thats a good price!

Oh man, they're all sold out!!!

This post has been edited by mc gusto: Jan 13 2007, 02:53 AM

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »

This is the best deal I've found:

20 Pack Verbatim DLs

$41.80.

Use DN10 coupon for 10% off.

Checkout with Google Checkout for $10 off (for new accounts, you can create a new one).  You can enter the coupon from the Google Checkout screen.  Cost me $30.63 shipped with tax.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »

Nice find.

Dravor

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »

Starting 01/21/2007

Verbatim DL-DVD, 20 pack @ Best Buy

On sale for $29.99.  Make sure to use your 12% off reward zone printable coupon, and any reward zone gift certificates/reward coupons you may have earned.

12% off coupon can be found on www.slickdeals.net in the forums section.

This deal has been ripped straight off of Slickdeals.net.

This is essentially the same deal they had at the end of November.

-Dravor

Xx The 0ne xX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »

Hey guys sorry if this is a repost but i need help finding something a little cheaper than newegg's verbatims if possible so if anybody knows let me kno! thanks.

Xx The 0ne xX

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

oops sorry i wasnt aware bout the rules, thanks for letting me kno and thanks guys for ur feedback

xs2man

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »

Hi guys.

Just wondering why there aint been any UK posts here yet?

Here we go :

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quick...4&InMerch=1

Not the cheapest at £11.49 for 5 so some-one else beat it please?

This post has been edited by xs2man: Feb 1 2007, 09:31 PM

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

Not sure if they are in stock but SVP can beat that when they have them in.  20 for 33 pounds including VAT.  http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=2107

This post has been edited by jesterrace777: Feb 2 2007, 02:21 AM

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »

anybody any idea where from and how much I could buy Verbs from in Singapore when my parents make a trip through in a couple of weeks.

be a shame to see them come back empty handed biggrin.gif

my sister lives there, so a mail order or a shop bought place would be ok either way (tho if easy places for them to go into idea).

They must be a lot lot cheaper over there than they are over here in the UK smile.gif  wonder by how much

cheers,
Tuck

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

You Canadians have a steal going on right now.  Futureshop has the 20 packs of D/L Verbatims running for $25 until next Thursday.  

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=...449#post1700449

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

COnsidering the news of some production going to MBI (Moser Baer India), I will keep a an additional spindle in reserve  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) , thks
UPdated post 1.

rgds,soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Feb 16 2007, 02:35 PM

knights960

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »

Website reports they are sold out for shipping.  Driving there is a little too far from Florida.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38