xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Check It Out  (Read 637 times)

PEZx44

• Archived User
Check It Out
« on: February 19, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

just in case some of you don't check the forums at xboxmediacenter.com, here's something that I think is awesome about the xbmc.

Check this link

look for the link for the file "Stream TV.rar". Put the .strm files on your xbox. Make sure your music extensions on your config file includes .strm. Put a bookmark in your music tag to the folder where you store the files that you get from the rar file. I have found that not all of the links work, but some are pretty decent. Most of the high quality video streams are in foreign languages (at least to me because i'm an american and see no reason to learn a language other than english - just kidding), but there seems to be some decent music video stations at least. Remember, even though it's video streams, open it up as music instead of videos. <

PEZx44

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

oh, and i'm running the 2-12 build. not sure if it works with older ones. <

KermitX

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

thats brillant. I 've have tried a good few of the tv_stream.rar's now and most work althou a few locked my xbox up  biggrin.gif

I did notice while looking at the video extensions section of my mc.xml file that it appears that xbmc supports .asx streams. My gf's spanish and would like like to be able to watch a few spanish tv channels such as http:\\www.tvcyl.estvcyltvcylcmva.asx on the TV instead of PC

do you or anyone know how to get these to work? would i need extra codecs? what format & ext would any shortcuts take?

my gf would be truely gratefull of any assitance here wink.gif

christer

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

Works just fine. Nice to watch Japanese TV as I understand....nothing of it. :-)  <

JayDee

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

Actually gonna add this to Pinned Topics thread.

Please continue to add tv streams to this thread  and hopefully we will have a nice little list soon smile.gif

calvic08

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »

What did I go wrong my is not working.  Here what I did.
Runnig xbmc 2/12
1 I got the stream.rar
2. extracted it
3 created a folder in xbox under c:\apps\xbmc\   called streamtv
4 tranfer all the *.strm into xbox under c:\apps\xbmc\streamtv
5. Edited xboxmediacenter.xml under music tag here what I put in
6. check under <musicextensions>I have |.strm|  
   <bookmark>
     <name>Internet-TV</name>
     <path>C:\apps\xbmc\StreamTV</path>
   </bookmark>    
7. rebooted the xbox
8. opened the xbmc up and it showed all the list of the stream tv station but none of them  are loading from the internet
I saw most of them showed the station name with 0.0kb and some showed 0.1kb but no matter what I slected nothing happen.
but when I check my shoutcast radio everything work fine. please help me what did I missed out.
thanks

This post has been edited by calvic08: Feb 20 2004, 06:19 AM <

PEZx44

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 07:52:00 AM »

When you installed the newest XBMC, did you delete the folder in tdata? If not, try that. If you did, not all of the stations have worked all of the time for me. One that I have found to be pretty consistent is 3voortv12 in the TV Musical folder. Try that one if you haven't. <

JayDee

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

[playlist]
File1=mms://a1566.v03267.c326.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1566/326/3dd3c14b/bmgent.download.akamai.com/326/aristarec.com/whitney_houston/video/Whitney_Houston_300k.wmv
Title1=test
Length1=-1
NumberOfEntries=1
Version=1

Past that into a text file.

Name it asx.strm , ftp to music dir and play.

This stream i know works 100%

This post has been edited by JayDee: Feb 20 2004, 04:09 PM <

PEZx44

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 08:36:00 AM »

just wanted to mention one more thing. If you follow my original link, go back to the begining of the thread and check each page. there are a lot of links on them. i downloaded the various .rar files and they seem to work for the most part. not always that interesting though. although that may just be beacuse i only briefly checked them and i only speak english. any chance we only want to mention english and music stations here? i know i'm being a bit egocentric, but hell, this is an english speaking site right? <

ylsf

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »

This is a great new feature of XBMC.. I can't wait for the bugs to be worked out.  It is weird because on the times it "Freezes" I still seem to be able to FTP into my xbox so the FTP server must still be working in the background.

I found out about it on the Gueux website.. I go there to pratice my french while at the same time learn about the latest news about my xbox... If I don't understand something I come back to xbox-scene smile.gif

:GrAnD:

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

Here is a good link with a huge list of Internet TV stations:

http://mediahopper.com/portal.htm

calvic08

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

I don't remember if I deleted the folder in tdata or not. But anyway what is the name of the folder inside the tdata that I should be delelted? when I go home tonight I'm going to delete it and try it out.  and if that doesn't work I'm going to reinstall my 2/12 xbmc and will let you know what's up with it.  Thank you for more info  Pezx44 and JayDee.    <

JayDee

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

e:\tdata\0face008
and
e:\udata\0face008  <

calvic08

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

WOW Jaydee that was pretty fast responded, I'm still sitting here at work try to find out some more info and here you have it.  Your DA MAN..  will try it tonight...
thanks a lot  <

cordtripper

• Archived User
Check It Out
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

im having the same problem with the tv streams they just hang until I restart the box I tryed everything I deleted the tdata folders and no go I tested one stream on my pc and it played fine tryed on the box and just hung I have the .strm listed in the formats and I have the bookmark set in my music I just dont get it   <
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8