xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Gears Of War  (Read 382 times)

miggidy

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 11 2006, 09:14 PM) View Post

i think you have even lost it

sorry but killzone trailer, i suggest you find it in HD and watch it over and over and pay attention to the detail on every little thing, sorry but GOW didnt even shake a stick at it, and you know why? its not achieveable plain and simple

The textures are far more detailed in GOW. (not to mention the crappy fire from the flame throwers in KZ2)
The overall polygonal count looks pretty close.
The only clear advantage the Killzone 2 CG stuff has is what any typical cutscene's got going for it, better AA.

Remember that everything you see in the KZ2 video clip is scripted as is the case with any cut scene.
Most of the stuff that makes the clip look better is simple scripted action sequences.
(typical stuff looks better in scripted events; animation, particle effects)

Joergen

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

I'd like to mention that the Killzone trailer is semi-achievable on both the PS3 and the 360 BUT no company is going to spend 6 months tinkering on a 30 second portion of the game. Its the polishing of a scene that can make it look like that and they dont have the time or the money to do it, only the company who did the clip had the time to work on that single scene for months, making sure every detail looked great.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 11 2006, 05:08 PM) View Post

wow, its not the scripted shit, its the PURE HIGHRESULTION TEXTUREING, SHADEING EFFECTS, EVERYTHING

i am pure graphics whore, the thought of the visuals of GOW and halo3 trailers bore me but im still amazed everytime i watch a clip of killzone 2, crysis hardly impresses me......you guys must be blind, now i realise many modern games cant be judges on screenshots because in the case of PD0 and the such the game looks better in motion, same with killzone, infact it looks unbelievable in motion....to bad i cant find an HD video of the whole thing

Why are you having an orgasim over cgi?

paranoia4422

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ May 12 2006, 01:01 AM) View Post

Why are you having an orgasim over cgi?

Why are people argueing CGI that takes months to make almost has visuals on par(or even close) to a what a little console can do real time......Does someone wanna argue what had better visuals, FF movie or FFXIII

Deftech

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

anyone that says GoW graphics bores them is a true gem, enter paranoia4422

that is all  rolleyes.gif

paranoia4422

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ May 12 2006, 01:10 AM) View Post

anyone that says GoW graphics bores them is a true gem, enter paranoia4422

that is all  rolleyes.gif

sorry that ive seen it before blink.gif ?sure it was nice last year but im a WHOR, do you understand? A WHORE, i didnt ever look at halo1 and go omg this looks soooooogoood....never did that for any xbox1 game sorry that im not easily impressed i guess i should kill myself cause everyone who doesnt share your opinion doesnt deserve to live and comment right.

mind you i was never impressed when i was a child with the way dreamcast and ps2 games looked when they came out either.....

paranoia4422

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

It must be you guys dont PC game and are use to 64mb of ram textures biggrin.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

honestly what is the fight here? KZ2's scripted pre-rendered CGI is better than real time footage of a game on a 360? I think automatically says the real time is pretty kick ass.  To say its better than yea that kind of owns it more but its kinda the difference between winning by 1 or a million, winning is winning

am I saying 360 wins and ps3 is just shite, no, im saying this whole arguement is retarded

Deftech

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 11 2006, 10:09 PM) View Post

It must be you guys dont PC game and are use to 64mb of ram textures biggrin.gif

Another naive comment from the peanut gallery

rolleyes.gif

youre old enough to remember the DC launch? I never woulda thunk it. Please dont think youre the biggest graphics whore in town, youre only fooling yourself.

Take your bad ass self thats not impressed with GoW and the Unreal 3 engine and find a new playground.

Heres a bag of free  pop.gif so you dont get hungry along the way smile.gif

Sorry peoples, Im not staying quiet any longer. This is exactly why I turned the Mod job down here. My comments would have to be more restrained, fug that.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 11 2006, 09:52 PM) View Post

sorry that ive seen it before blink.gif ?sure it was nice last year but im a WHOR, do you understand? A WHORE, i didnt ever look at halo1 and go omg this looks soooooogoood....never did that for any xbox1 game sorry that im not easily impressed i guess i should kill myself cause everyone who doesnt share your opinion doesnt deserve to live and comment right.

mind you i was never impressed when i was a child with the way dreamcast and ps2 games looked when they came out either.....

WAS a child?  i fail to see how you are not still a child.

your debating with mute points.  pre-rendered has been and will always be better then real time, that is what makes good looking real time so impressive it requires actual system power.  ANY system can produce great looking CGI, what is so impressive about that?  

So tell me this child, when killzone 2 does launch and doesnt match your unrealistic expectations, how impressed are going to be?  

back to the topic, i am still in awe from the demo cliffy played.   blink.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ May 11 2006, 11:47 PM) View Post

What ever you're smoking, hook it up man!

To say that KZ2 impresses you more than Crysis speaks volumes of where you're coming from.
http://media.pc.ign....190/vids_1.html

Perhaps you find some of the dudes in the KZ2 video sexually stimulating or something (hence your excitement), but even a blind person can see that Crysis crushes KZ2's CG visuals.

Holy hell!  Crysis is the best looking game i've ever seen....miles better!  Is it PC exclusive, and has there been any mention of a 360 version?

This might be reason enough for me to finally upgrade my pc......if only it was built with the 360 controller in mind (I hate the feel of keyboard and mouse....although i am more accurate with a mouse).

Keshire

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 12 2006, 04:32 AM) View Post

were not fucking argueing what killzone looks like in real time, we are argueing the the CGI trailer looks like compared to real time games, that is a stupid arguement that obviously show all of your biases, your mental if you think any real time game capable on the 360 will ever look as good and no the game doesnt get brownie points because its real time and it looks great it has to look close to killzone2 which is impossible period(on this gen)

You do know the difference bewteen Computer Generated and Real Time correct? It certainly doesn't seem so.

CGI means nothing when it comes to gameplay. KZ2 won't look as good as it's CGI trailer. GoW WILL look as good as it's Realtime trailer. The difference is Real Time are scripted scenes done in-game.

As an example Let's Compare Final Fantasy with Halo.

Final Fantasy Cutscenes: CGI
Halo Cutscenes: RealTime scripted events.

As an added bonus. Oblivion Cutsecenes: Realtime scripted events.

And blathering like an idiot only makes your case worse.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2006, 04:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 12 2006, 03:32 AM) View Post

were not fucking argueing what killzone looks like in real time, we are argueing the the CGI trailer looks like compared to real time games, that is a stupid arguement that obviously show all of your biases, your mental if you think any real time game capable on the 360 will ever look as good and no the game doesnt get brownie points because its real time and it looks great it has to look close to killzone2 which is impossible period(on this gen)

I understand what you are trying to get across, but i disagree.  Gears of War E3 in-game cut-scene look nearly as good as what KZ2 CGI cut-sceen look at last years E3.  Crysis, on the other hand, in game footage looks better then the KZ2 CGI cut-scene.  So yes, this gen will look as good as what the KZ2 trailor did.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Gears Of War
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2006, 05:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 12 2006, 05:32 AM) View Post

were not fucking  argueing what killzone looks like in real time, we are argueing the the CGI trailer looks like compared to real time games, that is a stupid arguement that obviously show all of your biases, your mental if you think any real time game capable on the 360 will ever look as good and no the game doesnt get brownie points because its real time and it looks great it has to look close to killzone2 which is impossible period(on this gen)

arent you a bit young to be using that kind of language?  who's the one making a stupid arguement displaying biases?  your the fool comparing CGI to real time, the two will NEVER look alike.  what people here (including me) are trying to drill in your young skull is that real time graphics will reach the level of detail that the KZ2 CGI displays.  yes it will never have that "rendered" clean look, but were already having character models so detailed you see skin textures (like in KZ2), environments with sharp accurate textures that mimic reality (like in KZ2), and were seeing plenty of games that have massive battles with shader entensive effects like explosions and such (just like KZ2).  your looking at this in a close minded way, but i can understand that in your young age.  

with someone so inexperienced in gaming (you) and also someone who im sure has no technical knowledge of the new systems, who are you to say what is and isnt possible on the next gen system?  or is that yet another question that you wont answer like my last one?....

So tell me this child, when killzone 2 does launch and doesnt match your unrealistic expectations, how impressed are going to be?

rolleyes.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Gears Of War
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »

... and killzone destroys yet another thread

CLOSED... pety arguments BE GONE!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]