xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Xbox360 DVD Firmware Hacked - Video  (Read 2620 times)

Questioner

• Archived User
Xbox360 DVD Firmware Hacked - Video
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

Well, I guess my 360 can continue scratching my retail games for a while until someone leaks the complete process, it may be complicated for now but Ill go to great lengths to avoid wasting money on rebuying games.

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaddyO21 @ Mar 18 2006, 07:03 PM) View Post

sleeping.gif Man boring , anybody want to make a hacking team and release it to the public , power to the people , Open Source forever!!!  muhaha.gif

MS will send an update to kill it or something. Plus I really don't want to go through the banned from Xbox Live again. That was a pain.

sbma44

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »

I hope this is genuine.  Without something released that can be independently verified, though, there's no reason I can see why there couldn't be a second 360 connected to the rear inputs on the TV.

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Questioner @ Mar 18 2006, 07:06 PM) View Post

Well, I guess my 360 can continue scratching my retail games for a while until someone leaks the complete process, it may be complicated for now but Ill go to great lengths to avoid wasting money on rebuying games.

Care your games and stop moving the system while it's on.

`rzr

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »

Awsome job guys.. really impressive. Just got a thought:

Could MS update the xbox with a patch that overrides the firmware, or something else ms-sneaky?

Questioner

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ Mar 18 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

MS will send an update to kill it or something. Plus I really don't want to go through the banned from Xbox Live again. That was a pain.

I think most of us have accepted the fact that it will not be possible to play backups on live, which is fine, hopefully there will be a solution to be able to run both retail and backups offline without live detecting it at some point, without having to buy another 360.

JustinT9669

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ Mar 18 2006, 07:08 PM) View Post

They blocked the demo disc so I don't see any reason why they couldn't do the same for this

Questioner

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ Mar 18 2006, 06:08 PM) View Post

This is my 3rd system, the other 2 were sent back for other technical problems, this one works but I noticed its leaving more scratches on discs no matter what I do. I don't feel like waiting for a 4th, MS can go fck themselves.

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »

I guess someone is peeing his pants atm in ms headquarters..

Bill, we have a problem..

ephesith

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

nice... very nice.  Now is there only 1 type of dvd rom for the 360? Or are there multiple

xs2man

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

This is good news.  Great in fact.  Well done, and I'm with you for not releasing also.

I have one question though?  How would M$ even know it was a backup your playing if you were to go online with this?  Surley the disc is exactly the same?  And its only the dvd drives firmware that is hacked, so does M$ scan for that?  Can they scan for that?

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Questioner @ Mar 18 2006, 07:09 PM) View Post

I think most of us have accepted the fact that it will not be possible to play backups on live, which is fine, hopefully there will be a solution to be able to run both retail and backups offline without live detecting it at some point, without having to buy another 360.

Well if you cared to read the topics you would know that with this hack you CAN go on live without it detecting you. The 360 does not know that you are using a backup as far as the console goes it is an original. The 360 isnt exactly hacked.. the dvd drive is hacked. The xbox still stops any sort of application that isnt signed by ms.

The original xbox does not stop these applications because that one IS completely hacked. So what we will get later on in this process is like what we have now
dvd flashes for people with no intention of using homebrew (so only)illegal copies and people that will install a chip for homebrew (and games).

Achtung

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

I have to say all this "I hacked the 360", "oh yeh how did you do it", "We're not telling for the greater good" is a complete joke.

Seriously I want to puke when I hear these nobel reasons as to why these people who think they are the king of kings or something, and that everyone should lisen to them as the shame us as not being as nobel as thee.

Give me a break, your telling me they are not just playing backups non stop and going on live probbily bragging about it. I don't really know what happened to everyone but I remeber when I first got into the xbox modding it seemed everyone was more than willing to help each other out and share in the interests.
Now it seems to be like little spolied children saying "Mine Mine and you cant have it!".

I find this all soo ridiculas, and to totally be honnest Its made lose interest especially anything that comes out of people like this.

kics

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

this is great, and not releasing it to the public is the right move (for now...) i can't wait till somebody starts making homebrew for the 360 then making a hack to run in, that's where the fun really starts....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27