xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Firmware Hack!  (Read 145 times)

XLostSpartanX

• Archived User
Firmware Hack!
« on: March 19, 2006, 07:51:00 AM »

Are you trying to say that the video is fake?  If so then your an idiot, they have done tons of work for the scene and wouldnt release a fake video just to lose cred.

krayzie

• Archived User
Firmware Hack!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »

I hope my fellow mods are gonna take serious measures to these kinds of lamers. The other topic has grown like 22 pages in a couple of hours with 90 % garbage and now morons like these are actually creating new topics for it.

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
Firmware Hack!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

there is a huge difference...The implications of this hack could be extremely damaging to the 360. If someone develops a tool which allows you to simply plug your xbox360 dvd drive to a PC and then open a single program and click flash and flash the dvd drive with a updated firmware. Then this new hacked firmware was released it would be incredibly easy with almost no effort to hack the xbox and pirate games. The only use for this hack is to play backup games AKA pirated games...The majority of people would be using this for piracy and not for playing legal backups or looking for further exploits using it...A mod chip is more difficult to install and also has a legit use for homebrew applications. IF the hack becomes so easy anyone and there mother can do it piracy will spread incredibly quickly especially in ASIA and other foreign markets. Dreamcast was one of the easiest system to copy games on because of the bootloader hack. Piracy deters companies from developing games for a system..and on top of that piracy isnt very helpful to a company that already loses money on the hardware and needs software royalities and licenses to make back that money and make a profit.

Hajaz

• Archived User
Firmware Hack!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

it will become that easy. the ball has started rolling and theres no way of stopping it. i mean, all the info is right there. some assembly coder is bound to make a release

blagmaster

• Archived User
Firmware Hack!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

They can easily cover their tracks, If i had the hacked firmware and used an anonymous proxy to upload to rapidshare, how would they find out it was me?

Xombe

• Archived User
Firmware Hack!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(GAT @ Mar 20 2006, 12:42 AM) View Post

How would you feel if Xecuter said we have the chip but were't not going to sell it!
I would feel that they've no business sense.  And for the record, they sell chips, and were FAR from the first teams to get hacks/chips out.  Both your statement and logic are flawed.

QUOTE(krayzie @ Mar 20 2006, 12:03 AM) View Post

I hope my fellow mods are gonna take serious measures to these kinds of lamers. The other topic has grown like 22 pages in a couple of hours with 90 % garbage and now morons like these are actually creating new topics for it.
Count on it.

Closed.