xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Xbox Live Working With Modded Xbox!  (Read 972 times)

opjose

• Archived User
Xbox Live Working With Modded Xbox!
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2002, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (originalbadboy @ Nov 15 2002, 11:21 PM)
Hey all .....

Here is a question for 'Opjose'

I dont know a great deal about 'Kerborose' secuirty (although I should , being an MSCE and all !)  but isnt part of the security system time based.  

I seem to remember that part of kerborse is to check the time of packets going to and fro to make sure that someone isnt trying to send fake packets ... Thats how I alsways understond it anyway ...

If that is the case , is it possible that the internal time on a XBOX could be getting screwed up , by either Evox or possibly another program (that MS has put on the machine).  I know the XBOX is renowned for its problem with keeping time , which is why EVOx has an option to connect to an SNTP server ...

I am just wondering if MS has a similar SNTP check in its own software , which is somehow screwing it up ...

Just a Theory of course .................

Nope this is not the problem.

The Kerberos authentication is not even getting that far.

It's failing upon the INITIAL handshaking just after the machine starts to identify itself. It doesn't get past this.

The server fails to reply completely!

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2002, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (sf49er @ Nov 15 2002, 10:56 PM)
okay, extreme newbie alert, but to turn off the chip, it requires a physical switch being installed right?(enigmah)...only way?

Correct

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2002, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (DEEZNUTZ @ Nov 15 2002, 11:01 PM)
"opjose, I thanks you for you hard work and the hard work of others, I don't know much about the techy side of xbox.  All i need to know is if I get xbox live kit, and then turn off my mod chip to install it and never have my mod chip on when going live, then I can play live with the retail disks?

Bottom line: YES!

As long as your connectivity is ok. "

What if I get no connectivity with a switch turned off???

At the moment you are screwed!

I have a machine similiar to this.

I highly suspect that if we were to change the serialization of these afflicted Xboxes, things would work again.

It is NOT otherwise HARDWARE or BIOS chip dependant. It -IS- something related to the EEPROM.

How do I know? The problem travels JUST with the motherboard. I can swap out everything else, including drives without a problem (of course the drives must be relocked, but XBLive doesn't care as long as the drive itself is locked!).

Anyone know of a util to do this?

clifface

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2002, 04:48:00 PM »

Opjose I am getting the xbox live not found error.  I guess I'm unlucky and am screwed at this point for now. I have a matrix 2.5 ybox colormod with 80 locked drive.  I haven't played on live for a week.  today I locked my hd and disabled the chip.  I put in the retail disk, it loaded right up and didn't attempt to update anything.  I hope this gets resolved soon, I don't mind buying the games to play online.

originalbadboy

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »

Just had another thought ...

Is it possible that MS could be blocking certain IP ports to the XBlive service ...

Most poeple who connect their XBlive boxes will do so with a router , or a computer acting as a computer ... bottom line is though , that they are using one IP address , and are either using NAT or not.  

Is it possible , that MS are blocking multiple ports (from the same IP) , and that there is some sort of 'lease' going on  ... similar to that of a DHCP lease ...

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2002, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (originalbadboy @ Nov 15 2002, 11:42 PM)
hmmm .. interesting ... I still reckon the XBlive servers are screwed at the moment , and just cant handle the shit that is going on ...

Either that , or there is a file being changed by XBlive , on the hard drive that is telling it not to work .... but that doesnt sound right to me ...

Either that , again .... nah  .... personally I reckon the servers are screwd ...  

Also ..

All this talk about 'calling tech support' (TECH SUPPORT!!!!!!,  .... sorry) , is crap anyway , they are just to give out mis-information, as they dont have a clue what they are going on about ...

No there is NOTHING on the drive related to this.

Read my prior posts.

You CAN swap the drives and the problem stays with the machine.

It is NOT IP blocking either.

I have non-working and working Xboxes on the same lan.

Believe me I've gone to a LOT of trouble.

Switching IP's, creating a NEW DHCP server, clearing leases, clearing ISP leases, etc. etc. etc.

It is -NOT- anything on the hard drive.
It is -NOT- anything related to your IP address.
It is -NOT- anything related to which BIOS version you have on your Xbox
(I even was able to connect with an OLDER XBox flashed to a more recent retail release!)
It is -NOT- anything related to which version of the dash you have although in all cases you get updated to the SAME new dash!!!
The new dash works on ALL rev motherboards no matter the BIOS.

It does NOT appear related to the MAC address of the machine as this information is never sent to the remote server until maybe later after the handshake has started.

It DOES appear to be related to the serial number your Xbox is reporting.... in that no reply is forcoming, however XboxHacker reports that they have tried changing the serial numbers on aflicted machines without success.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2002, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (originalbadboy @ Nov 16 2002, 12:02 AM)
CHeers anyway opjose ... you have obviously put a lot of time into this .... and we thank you for that ....

I still reckon the servers are screwed .. it is MS after all ... !!! .. They are probably running .net server RC1 or something on the XBlive servers!  ... It wouldnt suprise me anyway

Yes it still could be a server issue.

People need to keep pounding away at their tech support line until they do something about this.

They can't repair the sheer number of unmodified systems which are afflicted! The amount is quite large as far as I can see.

Two out of six for me!

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2002, 05:14:00 PM »

jester.gif

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2002, 05:19:00 PM »

my friend asked and htey said they banned very few people yet.....but they could always be lying.....

tazplex

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2002, 05:27:00 PM »

What abot those of us with a flashed TSOP only? MrSporty here. Am I out of luck no matter what?

clifface

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2002, 05:30:00 PM »

sounds like it to me.  you have to have a way to get back to your original bios

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2002, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluespot @ Nov 16 2002, 12:17 AM)
Opjose,

Do you feel that M$ is actively banning serial numbers if the updated code detects a modchip?  Or is there just a problem with some serials right now?

No they are NOT "actively" banning anything yet.

There is a handshaking authentication problem of some sort.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2002, 05:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (tazplex @ Nov 16 2002, 12:27 AM)
What abot those of us with a flashed TSOP only? MrSporty here. Am I out of luck no matter what?

If you have not connectivity problems you will probably need to reflash the TSOP with a non-modded bios.

Then if you still want to play "backups" you'll need to install either an LPC mod or anything else that can be switched off.

At least for now.

I'm hopeful that ultimately this can be fixed (except for the connectivity problems) in software.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2002, 05:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (clifface @ Nov 16 2002, 12:21 AM)
This is garbage, I'll I want to do is buy some games and play them sad.gif
Well whatever happened, happened more than a week ago and just went into effect these last few days.  Like I said I was using beta disk and haven't gotten online for over a week.  First time I tried to get back online I turned off mod and locked hd and put in retail disk.  it didn't try to update or anything, I just get xbox live not found.

Yeap, welcome to the serialization/connectivity issue.

This is NOT a mod chip problem at all.

I expect that after they get enough complaints, that they wil fix this though.

So people start complaining about CONNECTIVITY not working.

tazplex

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2002, 05:57:00 PM »

This might help somebody:

Link to Manual Settings
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11