xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Xbox Live Working With Modded Xbox!  (Read 969 times)

Satan00

• Archived User
Xbox Live Working With Modded Xbox!
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2002, 06:54:00 PM »

opjose, can it be a sort of protectoin? maybe blocking off d0 or lpc points when youre connecting?? just outta my ass speaking here, my xbox live is working with mod off like it was yesterday and the day before

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2002, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (Satan00 @ Nov 16 2002, 01:52 AM)
do you see that i have a xecuter
and btw guys my xbox live just started acting up, its not connecting hwen my mod is on, i'll wait a bit, i had my motogp up with my mod on tho, ms is giving me a headache ahhhhhhh

Please see my new pinned topic.

LumbraX

• Archived User
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2002, 06:56:00 PM »

sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2002, 07:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (Satan00 @ Nov 16 2002, 01:54 AM)
opjose, can it be a sort of protectoin? maybe blocking off d0 or lpc points when youre connecting?? just outta my ass speaking here, my xbox live is working with mod off like it was yesterday and the day before

Yes the mod chip -IS- detected.

The one thing I have NOT tried is flashing say a Matrix with an OEM bios.

I suspect that this WILL work though. It's not the presence of the actual chip itself that is to blame, rather the fact that you are not using a "standard" BIOS.

All the "update" has to do is look for the xbox's ability to run unsigned code.

A tiny and sooo simple fix.

The hope is that this can be bypassed, however XBLive may subsequently look for changes on this code snippet.

Embalmer

• Archived User
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2002, 07:08:00 PM »

Ok...I have a Sportyx Modchip in my machine that premodded.com installed.  It is not a dual bios one..and it does NOT have a switch.  Could I simply remove this chip from the machine and expect Live to work?

Or do I have to install a switch??  Will removing the chip cause the machine to stop working?

Cg006

• Archived User
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2002, 07:25:00 PM »

OK........ From all this reading ive come to one conclusion if you want a mod........
Only Turn on the mod when you plan to play backups, or run evo by your self........

And ALWays, I REPEAT ALWAYS!!! turn the mod off if you plan to play on live AND Also have an Original Copy on hand of the game if you want to play on live....

Is this correct?

Also on a different note..i read the X2 chip is supposed to come with a  Switch....i read it on their description of the chip on thier page......... Anyone have any more info on this???And if you can install a switch...... how would that procedure be done....or will some retailers sell it to you with the switch already?!!!!!!!This is really bugging me now.....i read in some websites selling it the info, but they dont mention the Switch to turn it off...but on the X2 site.they state that a switch is supplied with the mod.........Anyone have any info on this????

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2002, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (Cg006 @ Nov 16 2002, 02:25 AM)
OK........ From all this reading ive come to one conclusion if you want a mod........
Only Turn on the mod when you plan to play backups, or run evo by your self........

And ALWays, I REPEAT ALWAYS!!! turn the mod off if you plan to play on live AND Also have an Original Copy on hand of the game if you want to play on live....

Is this correct?

Also on a different note..i read the X2 chip is supposed to come with a  Switch....i read it on their description of the chip on thier page......... Anyone have any more info on this???And if you can install a switch...... how would that procedure be done....or will some retailers sell it to you with the switch already?!!!!!!!This is really bugging me now.....i read in some websites selling it the info, but they dont mention the Switch to turn it off...but on the X2 site.they state that a switch is supplied with the mod.........Anyone have any info on this????

If you have connectivity there is no danger (yet) if you accidentally connect with the mod chip on.

Your game merely will refuse to work.

Cg006

• Archived User
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2002, 07:56:00 PM »

By the way....... Great Work!!! The Xbox World is lucky to have you(and on that note, the Xcuter team, Evo team-Alot of things would not be possible if it wasnt for those groups-)....im gonna put you on my buddy list...im gonna play whacked or moto gp in a min....maybe ill catch you...........

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2002, 07:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Cg006 @ Nov 16 2002, 02:55 AM)
Would be best to play safe in the meantime......Hey opjose do you have any info on my second question with the Switch being included and the way the switch will have to be instaled.. or will the mod have the switch already installed on the chip.?  pop.gif

The chip has connectors, one of which runs to an external switch that can be mounted on the side of the box, etc.

LumbraX

• Archived User
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2002, 07:58:00 PM »

laugh.gif

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2002, 08:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (LumbraX @ Nov 16 2002, 02:58 AM)
Opjose whats your Xbox Live GamerTag:?

Mine Is LumbraX.  laugh.gif

opjose

Original eh?

heliXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2002, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (opjose @ Nov 16 2002, 02:46 AM)
QUOTE (Cg006 @ Nov 16 2002, 02:25 AM)

Is this correct?

If you have connectivity there is no danger (yet) if you accidentally connect with the mod chip on.

Your game merely will refuse to work.

I second that.  I have a Matrix in Mode3.  1st time I logged in today with the retail kit I was able to create my acct and all of that fun stuff.

Trying to log into MotoGP for the 1st time I got the error that XBL couldn't be found.  So, I ejected the disk (turning off the mod) and tried again...presto, in like flynn.

Same thing happened with Mechassault.  Got right in, and to test, I ejected the disk (turning the chip ON), tried to connect and nothing.

So chip on != XBL.

Course, now I may have raised a big flag over my head with invalid log ons, but for now I can get in.

BTW, opjose, you da man.   cool.gif

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2002, 09:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (heliXbox @ Nov 16 2002, 03:51 AM)

So chip on != XBL.

Course, now I may have raised a big flag over my head with invalid log ons, but for now I can get in.

Believe me if you have a flag over your head, I have a bullseye!

I retrieved my account many times today futzing around with all of this.

Flipping memory cards with updated account information to several machines as well.

ICEFuZiOn

• Archived User
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2002, 09:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (pike @ Nov 16 2002, 01:33 AM)
Accepted, to a POINT, but once the chip has been detected, a time bomb is ticking. Yes, you have connectivity, UNTIL they pull it. Read the NUMEROUS stories of happy chip owners who had a day or weeks fun and then turned on their machines one day and BANG - game over. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME, ONCE CHIP IS DETECTED, BEFORE YOUR BELOVED CONNECTIVITY IS WITHDRAWN. THE FIRST STAGE OF THIS IS THE CONNECTIVITY SCREEN SAYS XBOX LIVE FOUND, BUT SUDDENLY YOU CANT CONNECT TO THE GAMES...WEEK LATER/DAY LATER, x box live not found...

A friend has an xecutor mod, with disable switch. Played online for a few days, switch on and of, no problems. Then had a day of 'live found', but unable to play games, then dead

So, he tried with an xtender, without switch. Fine for an hour, then 'live found', but no games...tomorrow...'live not found', no doubt..

It is so simple. You are detected, humoured at first (they let you play). You go on a list for banning. First stage, 'live found', but games won't play, second stage, 'LIVE not found'

Simple.

Ok this is basicly what happend to me...but a few things different...and I also Have a few questions.

I was playing in the xbox beta live for about 2 weeks no problem (with modchip enabled) and basicly on tuesday night, if I can remember the Xbox Connectivity thing got a red for the last check, and MotoGP and Wacked didnt work but NFL2k3 and Fever 2k3 did...On Wednesday, I went into the Connectivity and still has the red for the last check, I tried all the xbox live games I have, the retal and beta, and no luck, says xbox cannot connect and today its the same still. Alright Opjose, so my question is...is that red check in the connectivity test because of the kerbose problems u have been finding or because of my blocked xbox system serial? Did you say that even if your serial on ur system was blocked you should still see all green in the connectivity menu? I just want to know if my xbox is totally fucked or not, im a student, I really dont have much cash, I do have a job, but dont feel like buying a new xbox, if u know what I mean. I have a 29wire homebrew EVOX 2.2 now, im planning on getting the Excuter2....but if my xbox is already banned well then, no sence in buying a modchip that includes a switch (for now anyways).

now back to the subject, the last update I have recived via Xbox live was with NFL 2k3 about a week ago, and I had no problem playing on XBL BETA after that update untill tuesday, sooo I dont know if that matters or not, but Im not sure if I got the RETAIL update from xbl.

argh this sucks, I would greatly be thankful if someone answered my long post.

Thanks!

BTW Opjose thanks for all this information and dedicated work!

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2002, 10:07:00 PM »

well opjose now i need your help, i have a matrix mode three, custom bios (with fancbox) i was able to connect fine until today when suddenly i couldnt even connect in the dash...any ideas??
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11