xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Halo 2 release rumors - False  (Read 518 times)

xd0wnthesunx

• Archived User
Halo 2 release rumors - False
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2003, 09:57:00 AM »

i found this just a sec ago   i know its been said that bungie said it was false  but this lil bit does make since, and as much as i wish it was coming out i truely think its not at least till 2004

"One more time: IT'S NOT TRUE
Reading our forum for these past couple of days has been painful. Dozens and dozens of new people (or even old hands who should know better), jumping in with links to rumors around the net, stating that Halo 2 will be out next week (or by November 28, or in time for Christmas)... SketchFactor jumped in this morning with a Rumor Buster:

Despite all the juicy rumors floating around the net lately, I can confirm with absolute certainty that Halo 2 is NOT coming out in 2003. As we have said for quite some time now, the game will be released when it is done and that will be in 2004. It is not coming out next week. It will not be on store shelves this holiday. Why would anyone want to do a "secret release" with a property as big as Halo 2 anyways? What possible benefit is there in sneaking it onto shelves without making the consumer aware?

Please remember that unless you hear it direct from Bungie, you shouldn't pay attention to any release dates or speculation you see or hear. I'm sorry to crush hopes of playing the game early but it's better than getting your hopes up prematurely. I'm as eager as you are to get my hands on the finished game but we're not there yet.

When the time is right, I imagine we will have more to say about a firm release date. For now, we stand by what we've always said - Halo 2 will be released when it's finished.
It don't get any clearer than that, folks. It's a rumor. And it's been busted. I think I hear a fat lady singing... (Louis Wu 17:17:53 UTC)"

LEDHaywire

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

Look at it this way...as time progresses...so does technology. So far the hardware inside of an xbox is considerably outdated. If you wanted to you could buy a Pentium 3 700Mhz motherboard with 64MB DDrram memory and a Geforce 3 500i for less than $120 ( hard drive not included)

Since the xbox was first released 2 years ago new technology has risen, Nvidia has a kick ass Geforce FX video card, A 2GHz cpu costs about $100, 512MB DDR ram cost about $100

We may be looking at what is considered to be the "Perfect Dark" effect on the XBOX. When nintendo announce the relese of perfect dark it grew just as much attention then as Halo 2 is growing much attention now. Immediatley after the game was released, support fot the N64 dropped heavy.

MS will definitely be focusing more attention on new technology next year.

There are already a couple of gaming companies announcing new game consoles that outperform the xbox as we speak

Bungie needs to release this game soon, as time progresses people loose interest as newer games come out.

Ill guaruntee that there will be other games that will be of more appeal than halo 2 within the next couple of months.

We are all getting hyped up for something that may not be up to our expectations, due to teases and grainy video clips and pushed back release dates

It would be wise to release a demo version to keep our hopes up.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »

shanafan plz dont close this man

Too bad.. I made another topic about Halo 2 rumors.

Wild_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »

Moments ago, an anonymous tip was received from an employee at a videogame retailer. The validity of the following statement has not yet been confirmed, which is why it is listed as rumor.
Our anonymous tip, which will be hereon referred to as Annon received a call late on the night of Sunday, November 2. His boss requested that he and the other employees work the next morning because of an important, unforeseen event. Monday morning, Annon, his boss and his fellow employees gathered in the conference room awaiting the arrival of the store's MS representative. When the rep arrived in the conference room, he removed what is described as a "near-final copy" of Halo 2 for the Xbox.

The representative placed the disc into the store's Xbox console and demonstrated some of the game's single-player components. He then told the store employees in the room that Halo 2 would be made available in stores on November 28, 2003, which is referred to in the retail industry as "Black Friday" because the day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year. He stated that the assumed date when the game would privately "go gold" (completed) was November 7.
He also told the store employees that MS would release a demo for Halo 2 to the public on November 15, which Xbox Live users would be able to download onto their Xbox hard drives and play. The main purpose of this demo, he said, was to "start the hype train" for the full release, while the company "works double time" as they attempt to ship 1.5 million copies to retailers by the 28th.

PooN

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »

well, todays the 15th.  Where can I get my copy of the demo?

--PooN

LEDHaywire

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

That commercial was a fake.  Anyway, nov. 15th is here and still no "surprise"

Potato Bob

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2003, 11:42:00 AM »

Hmm i think ima dope but

this guy i know Has it
cuz some person he knows works there or atleast desgins games for them so, somehow he has a copy of halo 2 (maybe beta?)

but ill see tommarow as i will copy it heh

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »

uh huh..... WTF?

ehb

GIANTnewb

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2003, 04:36:00 PM »

biggrin.gif ..although i doubt he has it.

Potato Bob

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

sad.gif

ill be back
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]