xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Halo 2 release rumors - False  (Read 520 times)

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Halo 2 release rumors - False
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »

well on saturday, we shall know the truth.. about the demo anyway.  Just 5 days away...

SeQr

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 07:27:00 AM »

Hmm, see X-S, might be thanksgiving dat to, hope it will come out in EU at the same time.

LEDHaywire

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 07:31:00 AM »

Please note that not too long ago bungie announced that Halo 2 was 90% finished

Then again if you guys wanna laugh maybe, MS has made a new Console we were unaware about.......

An Xbox 2 would definitely shake up the industry....then again MS does suprise us on release dates.

Children are gonna have off from school this saturday....as well as many of us who are working. This is a very good strategy to sell a game or anything else revolutionary being that everyone will be crowding the stores

A gamestop manager told me that they believed the suprise was gonna be a Price Drop to $99 a console

SeQr

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »

Yes, indeed heard a similar thing about the game finished for 90%, also heard something vage about the crew working on Halo2 was doubled. Could be possible. For all I care they bring it out, but then it must be complete, not much bugs, a complete new game, not Halo 1.5

gto65l

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 08:06:00 AM »

I agree with spree.  As far as marketing goes this is a perfect idea.  A sudden release of many anticipated titles would throw the competition far behind.  I could see MS doing something like this.  Look at the interest it has generated!  There is a buzz, and it is spreading fast.  If it hits live then gets official for retail before the 28th, then xboxs will be flying off the shelves and PS2 and Gamecube could only sit back and watch.

Unfortunately these are only rumors, I hope its true, we'll just have to wait and see.

mrloser

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 08:08:00 AM »

I don’t think it will come out but it would be great if it did. Here is this link from halo.bungie.org that says there will most likely not be a release this soonhttp://halo.bungie.o....html?item=7949
I was thinking they still may be able to release it with out all the bells and whistles and then release all the updates on live at a later time. Or maby it will just be some demo deal. I still have my fingers crossed If it does come out this year I will be taking the day off from work and running over any one that gets in my way!

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2003, 08:20:00 AM »

smile.gif

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2003, 08:24:00 AM »

I predicted a year ago, when they pushed the release date from xmas time 2003 to feb 2004, that it was just a marketing thing. I don't work for gameStop anymore, and I cant be sure of the validity of the rumors of marketing materials being shipped. BUt I can certainly see this as a possible move. See you all soon on one tunnelling service or another!!!

ehb

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2003, 08:40:00 AM »

Damn....

chris1712

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2003, 08:43:00 AM »

DAMN THIS CRUEL WORLD!!!! but then again it could be more tactics to throw us off...........but i doubt it

SeQr

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

Yes, doubt this is a tactic. If it is man that's would be lame, but i think it isnt, well let's go back to hacking Halo then.

Kev052683

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 09:02:00 AM »

Man, now there's nothing to look forward to this weekend, DAMNIT!

DBZRacer

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 09:18:00 AM »

Rumors are fun... But it's not something anyone should hold their breaths over until we start to see reports of "insiders" saying that they just saw a retail box of Halo2!

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

For what it's worth:

http://halo.bungie.o....html?item=7953

Sorry if anyone has already posted a link to this, I didn't read this entire thread.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »

http://www.ebgames.c...homepages/xbox/

look under coming soon...

halo 2 in the middle of 3 that are coing this month

just weird
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4