xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Halo 2 release rumors - False  (Read 519 times)

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
Halo 2 release rumors - False
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2003, 10:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Nov 10 2003, 11:13 AM)
http://www.ebgames.c...homepages/xbox/

look under coming soon...

halo 2 in the middle of 3 that are coing this month

just weird

Its actually been on that list before.  Its not "coming this month" actually, but usually best selling games that haven't been released yet.

dazdastardly

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »

cool.gif bungies bluff cool.gif

hehehe... joke smile.gif

C-5

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

I was thinking, maybe there will be a Halo 2 demo packed in with Counter Strike which ships next week.... Who knows...

and before someone posts...  I know that Bungie has stated that there will not be a Halo 2 demo released, but MS owns that ass. If Billy wants a Halo 2 demo to knock CS out of the park, there will be one.

I guess we will see... but I imagine it is all bullshit.

GenPATTON

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »

i work in recieving at Meijers(like a superwalmart, only bigger)

no Halo2 promo shit yet
no news on Halo2 period =(

but i talked to a vender that did say expect a price drop, but not till after christmas
he also that PS2 is going to drop around the same time apparently.

He did say that Halo2 dropping would make sense, since ps2 heard about price drop.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »

I believe they held the release so more peeps would expire there 12 month free of live so they can release it so EVERYONE has to pay. They know they can release it now, but there greedy. I think everyone knows that halo 2 is done. This was supposed to be out in dec 2002 then now there holding it back like another 2 years? what kinda bullshit world is ms. They keep holding it back and there losing customers and more people who have aspectations of halo 2. And they keep holding it back then its gonna fuck up everything thats going good with bungie.

MagicArc

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

Okay guys heres what I can report from the gamestop side.  As you may know i manage a gamestop, i will not give my store or information as fear that the company may not like its people frequenting these sites but here we go.

Many rumours are flying heres what looks to be whats going on:

November 15th is huge day for x-box.  P-diddy is a spokesman for something.

We dont believe its halo 2 dropping this day.  Thats just silly.  MS would not just drop the game without TONS of hype and promotion.  We believe it will be a possibility of many things.

Halo goes platinum $19.99 (Very likely)
Halo now bundled with new x-box systems (not very likely)
Halo 2 launches (ice cubes chance in hell)
Halo 2 demo disk with reservation of Halo 2 (doesnt look like it)
Halo 2 demo available downloadable THRU live (possible, makes sense)

Remember, november 15/16 is the 1 year anniversary of X-box live, why not celebrate by hooking its users up.  This is just what a few of us put together.  Take what you may.

Magic

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2003, 05:55:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Got any sources for that??

LEDHaywire

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  muhaha.gif

GenPATTON

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2003, 06:49:00 PM »

$129 is supposed to be the price drop

yet from a vendor i know he said after christmas

RideBurton164

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »

Update: Upon further research, The Digital Gaming Network acquired "EB Games Holiday Wish List" from a local EBX retail store and can confirm that the Halo 2 trade-in deal is imminent. The deal is titled "Snag a most wanted Xbox title for only $9.99." It states, "Trade-in 4 Xbox titles and receive any of the following for $9.99: Halo 2, Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, Fable and Ninja Gaiden." On the similar note, Halo 2 is also listed numerous times in the back of the literature under the "Employee Wish List 2003."

The EB Games website, which still lists Halo 2 for an April 1 release date includes the following in bold lettering: "The ship date is subject to change and has not been confirmed by the manufacturer."

While we cannot confirm the following, some are saying that the Xbox's new spokesperson, Sean P. Diddy Combs, does a voice over in a commercial seen on NBC, where he states, "The world will know Xbox on November 15" accompanied by a picture of the Xbox logo with the Halo's series hero, Master Chief, seen in the backdrop.

We'll deliver more as it unfolds.

Whilst we are not sure of the validity of this information, several different sources have informed us today that Halo 2 'Point of Purchase' marketing materials (posters, cutouts etc.) are in the process of being sent out to various U.S. stores.

Although this information should be taken with a grain of salt, if true it would means that MS are preparing for an imminent marketing campaign for Halo 2. Whether this is simply a preorder campaign or something else, we'll all know soon.

While the quality is not of the highest (the picture was captured by a low-end digital camera, not a scanner), The Digital Gaming Network is able to provide visual proof of yesterday's cited Halo 2 promotion at EB stores. The advertisement can be found at EB stores across the nation in the "EB Games Holiday Wish List."

user posted image

Now, sorry if some of those quote are repeats....BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT F****** AD???  AND THE PROMO MATERIALS??  IM GOING TO EB TOMORROW TO TRY AND GET SOME INFO.

RideBurton164

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »

look im not saying thats proof that it is...cuz that all could be fake and lies....but let me ask you this.  WHAT PROOF DO ANY OF US HAVE THAT ITS NOT?  (the bungie comment yes...but again that was forums, could have been a lie just as easily as these rumors can be false).

Just something to think about...

RideBurton164

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

also not that this is relevant...but www.teamxbox.com has a poll goin now(teamxbox is now run by ign if im not mistaken...)  anywho the poll is for "which xbox game will rock your 2004", choice are BC, fable, ghost recon 2, doa online, and starcraft ghost...NO HALO2 ARE THEY INSANE??  coincidence or something they know we dont?...more than likely just coincidence but it raises the hopes of the hopeful like me  rolleyes.gif

thepro8

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

i have read both sides of this arguement in many posts, and both sides have valid point. There is no physical proof that says the is going to come out or that it isn't in 2003.

The flyer doesn't say that you get the game next week. If I want I can buy the game right now, I just won't get it unti the release date. the trade in can be just looked at as a pre-order.

Like most people I'll be happy if it comes out before the hollidays and I think its a smart marketing move to get it released in time for the holiday season, but that all depends if the game is finnished.

I think this is all rumor because i would have to think that M$ would be putting out a lot of tv ads saying when the game is available. A suprise launch date doesn't make sence. If you are going to launch a game early just to hit the holiday season and it's only a month before christmas you would want to advertise the crap out of your product.

MagicArc

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »

EB is just dumb, they print ads like that all the time, they print them as to blanket the media.  There is no way EB would know stuff like this especially when many other retailers would be told first.  They jump the gun just incase shit like this happens.  This would also be why many retailers are getting price drop signs....just in case.  But the truth is that it will probably be less of an important announcment than everyone is thinking.  

Magic

thrashev

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2003, 05:43:00 AM »

TeamXbox is owned by Ign, it was part of their agreement not to "take over" and just let them do what they were doing now with the backing of Ign.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4