xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Winuaex Current Discussion  (Read 1097 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Winuaex Current Discussion
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2009, 09:41:00 AM »

Just wanted to say it's cool that madmab is getting some help setting things up with this emu.

For the most part, I'm not going to be touching computer based emus with my Xtras work, so anything you can add and make come to life on your own is great.  I hope we can someday have videos and artwork and a synopsis and good control saves for the greatest games on all of these systems too.

Good luck,
~Rx

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(waal @ Sep 27 2009, 12:54 PM) View Post
As a lucky owner of an Amiga 500 and then A1200 at their time, I always knew the disk drive was slow.    
Today, it amuses me to find the same conditions when using Winuaex. You can even hear the sound of the drive!

But what bothers me is that it is still too long. Floppy turbo mode is so buggy and the fast forward (right trigger) is odd on Winuaex.

Also, I always knew that the drive of the Atari ST was faster. Then I tried WinstonX and it was veeery fast. I believe they had added a turbo mode.

So my question is :

Can we make a faster loader in Winuaex and/or can we adapt the real time mode the windows version have ? You know, its shortcut is END+PAUSE.

Madmab ?

One word... WHDLoad wink.gif
No more adf images, no disk swapping and no excruciating loading times.

rubarb

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2010, 05:26:00 AM »

Does anyone else have a problem when setting fast mem to 6mb ?
when loading a hdf for a whdload game, whenever I set fast mem to 6mb it doesnt add it, its always 0mb
any other number works just not 6 for some reason.
also when loading a hdf whdload version of slam tilt, I select a table and while its loading I press the throttle button to speed up loading, and usually when the table loads up the flippers are not there. if I don't throttle they apear ok. weird.
main problem is the fastmem one though. is this known about ?
guess I'll just have to stick to 8mb for whdload preload. but it does make the save states bigger though.

also another thing is when saving a screenshot, some dont work properly, ROTOR and ARTILLERUS 2 are examples, they only save a little portion of the bottom of the screen so when viewed in the screenshot area they are stretched to fit and look a mess.

waal

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2010, 03:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(rubarb @ Apr 4 2010, 12:26 PM) View Post
Does anyone else have a problem when setting fast mem to 6mb ?
when loading a hdf for a whdload game, whenever I set fast mem to 6mb it doesnt add it, its always 0mb
any other number works just not 6 for some reason.
also when loading a hdf whdload version of slam tilt, I select a table and while its loading I press the throttle button to speed up loading, and usually when the table loads up the flippers are not there. if I don't throttle they apear ok. weird.
main problem is the fastmem one though. is this known about ?
guess I'll just have to stick to 8mb for whdload preload. but it does make the save states bigger though.

also another thing is when saving a screenshot, some dont work properly, ROTOR and ARTILLERUS 2 are examples, they only save a little portion of the bottom of the screen so when viewed in the screenshot area they are stretched to fit and look a mess.

Most of my WHDLoad games works with 2MB chip and 4MB of fast on Winuaex. I think it depends of the way you have set your HDF and the amount of memory  your emulated workbench or cli environement need. My system setup (HD1) is minimal so most of the memory is actually used by the game (HD2).

I don't see why you have a problem when you assign 6mb of fast. Most amiga computers with roms 3.0/3.1 were made to support up to 8mb of fast mem and always had 2MB of chip. Perhaps that's because you assign too much chip.

And I remember slam tilt being a pain in the ass to configure and load. But it works. Let me know if you succeed otherwise i'll give you my setup.

I you want to reduce the size of your savestates then check in the readme file what exact amount of memoy the game needs on a real amiga: for instance amiga 500 based whdload games often requires 0.5MB of fast. So your config may be 2mb of chip and 0.5MB of fast.

What are your screen settings ?

bobnkill

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2010, 12:59:00 AM »

It's a question for the pro.

I have dragon's breath and it's working on my computer with winuae. But when I try with winuae-x(for xbox) I have the sound but a black screen and when I save a gamestat, I can see the picture next to my save(screenshot). Any Idea on the configuration. Other games work great

Thanks for your reply

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

I got it working (using Waal's config settings):

kickstart: 1.2
CPU: 68000
CPU Speed: Real
CPU Compatible: No
Chipmem: 512K
Slowmem: 512

You get a black screen for awhile, then the Title screen eventually shows, then you can play the game.

fcappy

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »

I created a post here:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=713781

but...i'll repeat the question:

I just wondering if it's possible with XBOX360...

WINUAEX v.17 makes always 5805.0 error with XBOX1 hacked emulator...

any illustration or guide is appriciated!  biggrin.gif

stainy

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »

Fantastic emulator... as are all the Madmab versions..

Just wondering if there`s a way of turning off the intro.. the scrolling marque and music thing ?

other than that i`m VERY happy with my £1.99 Ebay xbox smile.gif

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2010, 12:06:00 AM »

To turn off the Splash/Intro movie go to configure skin, skin editor, loading screen menu settings, startup movie and choose nothing. You may also (whilst in that menu) choose a static (single image) splash picture instead. No matter what you choose you will also want to change the time the emu waits for its video or picture, in your case you don't want anything on boot so your option would be to set the timer to 0. This can be found by using background settings (still in the current menu), time to delay for animation. It uses milliseconds so 1000 = 1 second, 1500 = 1.5 seconds and so on.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »

I just press B to skip the opening movies.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]