xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite Xbmc Skin? (fixed)  (Read 554 times)

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
What Is Your Favorite Xbmc Skin? (fixed)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »

I gotta agree with both Jezz_X and XBNormUK biggrin.gif

When mc360 first came out I loved it, esp. the ability to create my own themes (I made it very dark and PM3'sh)... then a week later I came back to PM3 and haven't used mc360 since the 6-6-6 build... the one and only reason I enjoy mc360 is well, because its a replica of the 360 dashboard. It's nice to be able to show people you have the 360 dash on your xbox1. In the end, I will always choose PM3 because its so professional, and I don't think any skin will ever touch it. What discourages me in making my own skin is thinking how it compares to PM3, and it just doesn't hold up at all

Although the other skins are real nice (Like Clearity, xTV, Classic-X hehe), PM3 will always be the god among skins smile.gif thx Choke smile.gif

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 04:56:00 AM »

I voted PM3 because that is the skin that I use at the moment.

I wanted to vote Clearity as that skin shows the most promise but it's just too beta at the moment.

XBNormUK

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Feb 10 2007, 06:13 PM) View Post

Ok thats not very good reasoning infact currently PM3 is behind on new features as far as prettyness goes (i'm working on fixing that)  Second and I can't speak for all here but Blackbolt Classic skin in the Skinning SVN is 100% Compatible with current XBMC SVN and is constanly updated to support new stuff infact it even beats PM3 some times because I use Blackbolt classic as the test bed for the changes I make to PM3 because it saves me making errors in the default skin (WideIcons, List2 and so on)

Anyway thats my rant

Not like you to have a rant! ;-) joking btw, as always these are just my own personal opinions and hey, different opinions make the world more fun right? ;-)

As for it not being very good reasoning, Im not so sure about that, dont get me wrong I must admit I am bored as hell with the look of PM3, but I always end up back on it not out of choice but because its the only one that works for everything, scripts in particular.
I would have Media Centre as my default but its not up to date. I would have Clearity but the tab text is too small and its a little buggy last time i looked. I am trying my best to have xtv as my default but im using the file manager a lot at the mo and that doesnt show file size. Once someone gets a skin to the point where it can be used continously for a month or so without having to change it im sure it will become my default.

I take on board your point about BB Classic, to be honest I havent checked it out in a while cos i dont kinda like the look of it, (sorry) but hey, if thats up to scratch with PM3 in terms of performance then great, we just need more of the skins to reach that level.

Anyways, hope that clears up my reasoning, and like i say, just my thoughts really. Either way  I cant help thinking about how lucky we are to have this app being continually pushed and developed by such active members of the scene. God I wish someone would hurry up and crack open big brother so we can have some fun! ;-)

mike315

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »

1. PM 3

2. Blackbolt Classic & xTV are a tie

3. Everyone else.

I could seriously be really really happy with any of my top 3. I stick with PM3 because thats the one my GF knows how to navigate. Not that she couldn't navigate with the others...but to make my life easier, all the technology in my house just "works".

Jezz and Chief get props for basically owning the rest of the scripts out there right now(pm3 exception). Well in my eyes at least.

dre74

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »

Its hard to pick one I switch around between mc360, Clearity, and xtv. since I mostly use my xbox as a media center I find myself using mostly xtv.

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »

I agree with Jezz_X and am one of the other two that voted for Blackbolt Classic. smile.gif

Jezz_X has been adding new and very useful features, some I have yet to see in other skins. It's also one of the most responsive skins out there.

PMIII is good, but as the default skin, it probably is hard to be cutting edge.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »

Dont get me wrong, PMIII is a fantastic skin that i myself still use sometimes, but i get the feeling it is winning the pole because it's the first skin most people use and fall in love with when they are first introduced to XBMC.

My Girlfriend hates the woman who comes up when you highlight  my pictures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I voted MC360 as my fave because it has some really nice extras, and i believe v1.0 will blow all others out of the water.

Too be honest though, i think eX will be the definitive XBMC skin.

This post has been edited by jimbobjim: Feb 12 2007, 11:13 AM

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

I notice PDM isn't listed, that's a popular skin. Can polls be edited?

Rotfloljfk

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »

Thats what "Other" is for.

What the hell is PMD?

evilomen

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

I used MC360 for the longest time, but after updating to the newest xTV, I like that a LOT more than MC360 at the moment.

I say this the day before v1.0 for MC360 comes out, so only time will tell

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rotfloljfk @ Feb 15 2007, 12:36 PM) *

Thats what "Other" is for.

What the hell is PMD?

PDM, Project Dark Matter.
It was made by smokehead, the same guy that did Clearity.

This post has been edited by edwinmcdunlap: Feb 16 2007, 08:54 PM

Jig.Saw

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

Xtv! No need for wide icons. Just check list and you have a huge picture on the left of the movie you're on. Great area for movie posters. The sleak design is really nice as well.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jig.Saw @ Feb 17 2007, 09:26 AM) *

Xtv! No need for wide icons. Just check list and you have a huge picture on the left of the movie you're on. Great area for movie posters. The sleak design is really nice as well.

Wide Icons are for TV shows not movies

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Feb 18 2007, 02:30 AM

k@iserex

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Feb 18 2007, 02:00 AM) View Post

Wide Icons are for TV shows not movies

LOL I did have movies in wide at one point! No Go!!!

CHI3f

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(k@iserex @ Feb 18 2007, 01:49 PM) View Post

LOL I did have movies in wide at one point! No Go!!!

Why don't you still use em?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6