xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Do You Feel Abandoned By Team Xecuter?  (Read 600 times)

feflicker

• Archived User
Do You Feel Abandoned By Team Xecuter?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

I really dont think you are giving evox much credit there. There is quite a bit of "original" work in there.

Heinrich, very true... Wasn't trying to undermine the work of EvoX. It is superb work... I was just trying to point out to people that what X-Ecuter does and what EvoX does is different, that's all. It would have been stupid for X-Ecuter to *duplicate* what EvoX did, just to have a 1.6 Bios out there with their name on it.

I would just love to have a "were working on a bios for you x2 owners"

Kafluke, I have seen X-Ecuter say just that many times on this board and on their own. In fact, in the current news article they are quoted as saying:

We are in the process of updating FlashBIOS to support video on v1.6b and will be working on the X3 bios (also a new X2 bios as the Evox M8 just doesnt work at all with this Xbox.)

They haven't abandoned anyone... It is in the works, and has been. Remember, the X3 chip is just a glorified X2 without the X3 Bios. Of course they had to do that first...

beerchug.gif

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

Seems like the X2 bios may be a little higher on their priority list given now that it seems the EvolutionX M8 does not have full RAM support!

Seems like users with cheap (read: HYNIX) RAM need a new bios pretty bloody fast!

Can't wait for the X-ecuter release, as historically they have almost always produced the best bios on the market :-)

Good on you Team X-ecuter, thanks for leading the scene for so long.

cheers,
Bourkie

X-ecuter

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Nov 4 2004, 04:03 AM)
and what about 1.6 users?

i don't see a official 1.6 compatible bios for the xecuter chips... they don't support thier own chip!

you dont buy a bios. you buy a chip. I dont see anyone bitching at Xodus or Smartxx for not releasing their own fully hacked bios ? they rely on xecuter evox and ind to support their product in that area.

the bios's we do for free - we have never seen it as a priority to rls an X2 bios for v1.6 as you already had one.

Bitching about it is nitpicking and (once again) another excuse for someone to spit at us - aren't the scenie brats tired of doing that shit yet ?

Havent you figured why no one else has been able to add xcalibur support to the ms build tree ? - cus its damn hardcore thats why wink.gif

We still have a couple of minor bugs to fix in X3 - when im totally happy with it I will rls a bios for X2 - including v1.6b support.

oswald

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

the bios's we do for free - we have never seen it as a priority to rls an X2 bios for v1.6 as you already had one.

I've been waiting long for a better bios from you!

And how much have you paid him for it?

If there are bios's that work, use them.  He said he'd put one out eventually, these things take time.  He makes money off the chips, not the BIOS.  The BIOS he creates are basically out of the kindness of his heart for the scene, and to support new features in his chips.

If you have to use the m8, use it.  Don't bitch at x-ecuter for not providing the thing he provides for free.  Talking about biting the hand that feeds you.  Would you rather have a rushed BIOS or the high end product you are used to, again for FREE?

Keep up the good work X-ecuter.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

Kafluke, you know, you keep knocking on evox's bios, you dont have to use it.

_DiGiTaL_

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

I don't really care but in my opinion i don't think TeamX is worried about any X users other then X3 users... wich is very bad business if you ask me

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Nov 7 2004, 12:36 AM)
Kafluke, you know, you keep knocking on evox's bios, you dont have to use it.

Personally I always use M7 to flash xbox's and have never had a bios problem. X2 later versions after 4977 seem buggy for me.

Always flash TSOP's so hence no 1.6's yet and evox's IGR is as good as X2's now (Although I use avalaunch and have no IGR).

XboxDude87

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (bourke @ Nov 6 2004, 05:31 AM)
Can't wait for the X-ecuter release, as historically they have almost always produced the best bios on the market :-)

Good on you Team X-ecuter, thanks for leading the scene for so long.

cheers,
Bourkie

Who says they are historically produced the best bios on the market? You?! Just because xecuter has more fans, doesn't make them the total best. I'm not trying to crap or anything but most people new to the scene automatically pick xecuter without question. They don't even try to look at other chips and other features. Why? because most people are stupid and lazy when it comes to this stuff. Most of my friends have xecuters and I ask them why, and they have no clue. Every chip has its ups and downs, and xecuter doesn't have any less cons than any other chip out right now.

Oh yeah, and who says they lead the scene? The scene is led by more than 1 team. If it were not for all the other teams, the scene would not be here. If there was no competition, there wouldn't be a scene. Thats all this is, one company trying to outdue the other.

Regarding bios, right now there are 2 main ones out. X2 and m8, and ind is making a climb to the top. X2.6 lite users shouldn't feel left out, you guys still have a bios to use. And those with 1.6b's will just have to wait until problems are sorted out. Team xecuter has priorities too. Making a bios isn't (and shouldn't) be a priority of theirs. Why? because there are already bios' that are out. They are responsible for making chips and any other hardware add-ons they want to make. I don't think you all should be bashing them for not coming out with another x2 bios. You bought the chip, meaning you support them, so why don't you support them?

I know half of you arn't even going to read this, but even if I get my point across to only one person, its worth it.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

Who says they are historically produced the best bios on the market?

They have. They were the "first" to do so many things... IGR, Live Blocking, embedded XBE's, etc... The list is long.

X2 is currently the best non 1.6 Bios, I don't see how that can be disputed (I'd like to see someone do a side-by-side and try to prove another Bios is better, or has more features...)

There is a reason we are all anxiously awaiting a 1.6 Bios from X-Ecuter  wink.gif

Every chip has its ups and downs, and xecuter doesn't have any less cons than any other chip out right now.

Really? What are the cons? Well, with X1 you couldn't update the bios, but other than that I can't think of a single one (X2/X3)... But if you look at Gen3 and Gen4 chips, I don't see any cons on the X-Ecuter side. They are the most feature rich chips you can buy...

http://xbox-scene.co...ips3b_table.htm
http://xbox-scene.co...hips4_table.htm

The reason so many people have X-Ecuters, and can't answer your question as to "why", is very simple. Someone probably recommended X-Ecuter to them (as I recommend to every single one of my customers.) I have installed and played with virtually every chip ever made for the Xbox, and if I was stuck on a desert island...  wink.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, to be fair, SmartXX and Xenium are also nice chips, I recommend them as well for people who don't want X-Ecuter (every once in a while someone doesn't want one for some strange reason).

Oh yeah, and who says they lead the scene?

History does. There is a reason they are #1 in sales, and it isn't "because most people are stupid and lazy". In terms of hardware, and in terms of innovation, there really isn't a debate imho. The new line of products they are releasing even strengthens their position.

EDIT: I need to get a job with X-Ecuter, seems all I do is defend them these days... I just try to be fair, and voice what my 2+ years of Xbox modding has taught me.  jester.gif

I agree with what you said about the bios thing... And another thing you are right about, the IND bios is coming along, might rival X-Ecuter someday.

=======================================================

Desertboy, 4977, 4978, and 4982 all were sort of "experimental". 4979, 4981, and 4983 were all very stable...

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »

dry.gif
What feature is ind-bios lacking compared to the latest x2 bios?

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Kafluke @ Nov 7 2004, 01:44 PM)
Yes I have to use Evox bios Heinrich because I have a 1.6 box.  There are many people on the scene that HAVE had issues with this bios.  Just do a quick search to find them.  You can even look in the xecuter forums as well and get even bigger results.

*exactly* So maybe you should be a little more grateful that you something, rather then nothing.  No one is forcing you to use anything.

Then #1 problem is with bank1 on x2 chips, it is nothing new with this bios, xecuter has released bios's with this same "problem", I personally have had the same problem with an x2.0 when flashing different bios's onto different banks.  Very much sounds like this.  You have freezing issues if I recall, maybe you have the new ram?  Evox can hardly be faulted for not supported hardware which did not exist when they released their bios.  But, there is a solution for that now, thanks to Yoshihiro; have you tried that bios?

XboxDude87

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Nov 7 2004, 04:47 PM)
someday?  dry.gif

I agree with you. Most people here only use bios to load dashboards and apps and shit like that. As far as i'm concerned (and most others) they all do the same thing. I think a lot of people can agree with me on this one. All bios have the same basic features.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

someday? 

Very true, IND has all the features as X2 Bios. I just personally had issues with the first builds so I went back to X2... Everything I hear about the latest builds is positive though, so I will try it out again soon.

Most people here only use bios to load dashboards and apps and shit like that. As far as i'm concerned (and most others) they all do the same thing.

Amen. I think 90% of my friends/customers have never upgraded their bios since the day I modded it... To them there is no point, they just want to boot backups and load a dash  tongue.gif

======================================================

Hey, I am just as bummed as anyone about waiting so long for a 1.6 compatible X2 bios!

I guess I just understood from the beginning that it was gonna be awhile since X3 was coming out and EvoX M8_16 was already available... Since I was following the progress on X3 from the beginning, I know X-Ecuter has continually stated that the update to the X2 Bios will be done, but not until after the other "priorities" were taken care of...

Had M8_16 been buggy *enough*, X-Ecuter would have probably jumped on it sooner (as it appears they are right now) due to the elevated need for 1.6 support (1.6B).

XboxDude87

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »

I think people are just looking for something to bitch about. :-/

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

fan boys need not apply, i have the X3 in my personal xbox because its a 1.6. now why is that importent? because the 1.6 bios they have has live blocking. and i know they will support there new chip. its there cash cow. and please dont start with this shit about how they do it out of the kindness of there heart. its because they hack the bios is why they have so many people loyal to them. smartxx and xenium dont even have as much market as the xecutor team have. so yeah, i dont even like the X3 chip. infact i think the smartxx chip is way better... but for support for my 1.6 have have to use xecutor. because of there bios..... and they know that.
if they release a bios for X2 then they know that any chip will work with there bios, that and the fact that they dont make money off those chips anymore, they focus on there cash cow.

so yes, if i had a 2.6 i would be disapointed and wonder why the hell i would even buy one.

Edited: i just hope this 2.6 bios with 1.6 support comes soon, look at the track record. we will see this new bios in 6 more months or in the case of the X3... in 1 year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5