xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Do You Feel Abandoned By Team Xecuter?  (Read 601 times)

Kafluke

• Archived User
Do You Feel Abandoned By Team Xecuter?
« on: November 03, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

Seems like more people are complaining about this so I thought a Poll was in order.

Shakey_Jake33

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

In a way... I only got my X2.6 a few weeks ago, so it does feel kinda annoying no more updates are being made.  Felt like I'd landed myself a dead chip before I even started/

But then again, naturally they'd wanna concentrate on their flagship product.

The situation is made a little better with the IND bios being worked on though.

I may as well take this opportunity to ask, does the new IND bios now subside the X2.4983?  Would is be a wise decision for people to reflash their X2.6's with the IND bios instead?

dmitri

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

I did..  works great.  B)  

Hill_Dill

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

Can't you just use the bios that you use with a 2.3?

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hill_Dill @ Nov 3 2004, 09:59 PM)
Can't you just use the bios that you use with a 2.3?

and what about 1.6 users?

i don't see a official 1.6 compatible bios for the xecuter chips... they don't support thier own chip!

XcaliburII

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

<_<  yeah, all i have to use is the M8_16, wtf is up wit that I NEED MORE VARIETy I AINT PAYIN YA TO EAT NACHOS ALL DAY..... well, i dont pay you at all, but thanx for the clones you kindly made of the xenium chips  ;)  

This post has been edited by XcaliburII: Nov 4 2004, 03:17 AM

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Nov 3 2004, 10:03 PM)
and what about 1.6 users?

i don't see a official 1.6 compatible bios for the xecuter chips... they don't support thier own chip!

as a known anti xecuter person you don't really have a say on something like this

to the original thread poster and anyone else that thinks similarly, teamx is working on a 1.6 bios for x2 users, they just have a LOT of other shit to do, x2 1.6 will be along soon enough i'm sure

Intensecure

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

EDIT:
Forgot, this poll is only for those poor Xecuter 2.6 owners - which I will never be laugh.gif
Therefore, text removed ph34r.gif

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

I should have been more specific in the poll, the question should be about users who have a 1.6 xbox and are using a 2.6 Lite

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

Uh, since when is a modchip-maker *required* to release a bios for their chip? If you take a look at it, X-Ecuter is one of the only ones that even does it!

I have a 1.6 chipped with an X2.6. I am running EvoX M8_16, and have had very few issues...

I am just thankful that X-Ecuter is releasing an update to X2 that supports the 1.6 Xbox. They don't have to do that... Their BIOS is the best and it is free...

Be patient, the updated X2 Bios is on its way... X-Ecuter does a lot of original coding in their bios builds, that is why it takes time. My guess is that they are trying to make it a multibios as well...

EvoX released a 1.6 Bios so fast because all they do is hack the original dump of the MS Bios... No original coding. We all know how good it is compared to X-Ecuters as well, right? BE PATIENT and BE THANKFUL  biggrin.gif

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »

well put
though i do believe that evox now does make a chip, X-chip, they have their feet in with it anyway, along with xenium

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

Well from the poll its obvious that not everybody feels the way you do.  I bought my xecuter 2.6 in July with no warning whatsoever from xecuter on their site that they didn't yet have a bios to support it.  I felt completely let down.  I did get a glimpse of hope when I found the evox bios.  But alas, it was filled with bugs.  I know, I know plenty have used it with no problems, but its clear that plenty have had many issues with it as well.  And why the hell do I have to load it in the 2nd bank to work correctly???  

Listen, I love xecuter chips!  I've been using them for years!  I've never had a problem before which is why I'm so baffled!  I love their bios's as well but its been since July!  And the thing that really pisses me off is when I look on their web site all I see is info about the x3.  I know that it's their flagship but thats no reason to abondon everybody that has x2's.  It's only 20 bucks more for hells sake.

I would just love to have a "were working on a bios for you x2 owners"

Thats all I asked for.  I see that they now have an update on their site that finally says something to that order, but it only came when a new xbox ver came out and the evox bios killed over completely. ... Unacceptable

luma

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

yet another reason not to buy the "premium" mods - as soon as the mod maker figures they can make more money with yet more useless feature (ooh! an OS on the chip!  wee!) the users of the old version are left in the dust.  it's a little ironic that x2 users are left using a competing bios to get their chip to work on a 1.6...

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (feflicker @ Nov 4 2004, 07:33 PM)
EvoX released a 1.6 Bios so fast because all they do is hack the original dump of the MS Bios... No original coding. We all know how good it is compared to X-Ecuters as well, right? BE PATIENT and BE THANKFUL  biggrin.gif

I really dont think you are giving evox much credit there.  There is quite a bit of "original" work in there.  Version detection and media patching dont come out of thin air.  Neither does their .dds logo.  M8 does not patch for xbox live blocking or boot debug .xbe's, other then that, I do not see the difference.  I am sure anyone who has even seen the bios source can tell you that hacks are much EASIER to do from source then from a compiled binary.

Psilocybe, what does evox has to do with xenium?  Or maybe I read that wrong?

Regardless, someone who bought a 2.6 should feel no more abandoned then someone who bought any other x2 chip, they all work on 1.6.   You have a working bios to use (m8), if xecuter thought it was really unreasonable to use it, then they would release their own a little faster (IMO).  They did the same with 1.4/1.5 as well, concentrating on working hardware first, and a bios last, as evox had already supplied m7.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »

And why the hell do I have to load it in the 2nd bank to work correctly???

this isn't due to the chip, people running xbox 1.0-1.5 have no problems running an x2 bios off bank 1

from my understanding it has something to do with the bios not really getting along with the chip, i'm sure when xecuter's 1.6 x2 bios comes along they will have it working
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5