xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method  (Read 13284 times)

elbowandvogues

• Archived User
Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »

I just wanted to say "THANKS". I have been searching for this info for days. If any one else gets an error like kill inut or cant load inut i fixed mine by resoldering the DO point. Anyways this is the only forum that i could find that has peeps that are friendly and knowledgeable.thanks again

elbowandvogues

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

So i thought i was home free well not quit i ran into an error when trying to flash the bios with the 2nd disc. It says

:le 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00  00 00 00"
hfb: packet command error:status 0x51(drive ready Seek complete
hfb: packet command error:0x50
ATAPI device hfb
ERROR: illegal request --(sense key 0x05)
(vendor --specific error) --(asc:0x81, ascq:0x00)
The failed " prevent/allow medium Removal" packet command was:
"00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00"

please ignore any insmod and/or modprobe errors.

There was a problem mounting the cd.
Trying again can help. This process will be done auto matically.

and the 4 retry request. im using the tdk 80min cdrs and have tried verbatim and imation dvd+rws also tried digital media cdrw. If anyone has a clue on how to get my dam bios flashed please HELPME......

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »

I think the reason this thread has come up alot is that there are bad instructions that come with the OZflash program. When I downloaded the program the first thing that i did was read the included X2 lite cromwell.text. This told me to burn the OZFlashcd.iso which is the right thing to do. Then it told me to make a data CD of the bios.bin. I tried this with several different Bios's and none of them worked. I searched until I found this thread telling me to make my bios.bin into an iso file. Well I got nothing to lose so let's try it. VIOLA! it works. Note to all those trying to do this the instructions are wrong. Also I Use the memorex CD-RW with no prob. Some one please pin this thread. With bad instructions given out with the program being downloaded there is sure to be alot more posts about this.
P.S. Thanks for lookin out  tester123. wink.gif

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2003, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (PuddWakkr @ Apr 27 2003, 07:56 PM)
I think the reason this thread has come up alot is that there are bad instructions that come with the OZflash program. When I downloaded the program the first thing that i did was read the included X2 lite cromwell.text. This told me to burn the OZFlashcd.iso which is the right thing to do. Then it told me to make a data CD of the bios.bin. I tried this with several different Bios's and none of them worked. I searched until I found this thread telling me to make my bios.bin into an iso file. Well I got nothing to lose so let's try it. VIOLA! it works. Note to all those trying to do this the instructions are wrong. Also I Use the memorex CD-RW with no prob. Some one please pin this thread. With bad instructions given out with the program being downloaded there is sure to be alot more posts about this.
P.S. Thanks for lookin out  tester123. wink.gif

Thanks PuddWakkr,

That's what xbox-scene is all about... helping each other out. Besides... WE WERE ALL NEWBIES AT SOME POINT!!!  laugh.gif

-Tester  ph34r.gif

elbowandvogues

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2003, 05:45:00 PM »

Tester will u please see if u can possibly tell me what im not doing right ive tried everything uve said.

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (elbowandvogues @ Apr 28 2003, 02:38 AM)
Tester will u please see if u can possibly tell me what im not doing right ive tried everything uve said.

Tell me step by step, how you're creating your ISO? I believe, you're creating the ISO wrong.

-Tester  ph34r.gif

cortXbomb

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »

ok, I got a new XBOX chipped with an x-ecutor 2 lite today, installed by a shop that does this sort of thing all the time, they've chipped my DC, GCN, and PS2, never had any problems with them..

but this linux screen doesn't come up on mine, just the standard xbox dashboard, the guy demonstrated the disc booting a dvd-r so I know the chip is in, it also starts up with x-ecutor 2 or whatever under the green logo in the beginning, but it doesn't do the "You'll know you installed your x2lite correctly when you boot up, and the DVD ROM ejects automatically and the LED flashes red once, then goes back to green. That's cromwell doing its thing."..

does this mean the cromwell bios are not flashed on my chip?

Do I do this myself? or do I go back to the shop and beat some ass..

This thread has been VERY helpful, I'd have no problems doing this if my xbox ejected automatically and the LED flashed red once, then went back to green, and showed the linux screen...

elbowandvogues

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2003, 09:12:00 PM »

any chance u can post an iso

elbowandvogues

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »

Any way to start off the 1st disc was created successfully. when i used the 1st disc it would then request to insert a 2nd and not open the drive and let it do its thing. If u see my previous post it shows the error im getting. OK u asked step ny step how im making my second iso. Ok 1st i loaded X2BM and filled the 4 banks with 4976.02 ,saved the 1024k file as bios.bin, loaded simpleiso and created ISO with Bios.bin and Fluff file (nero), named file bios flash.iso.Loaded Nero ,file ,burn image, selected biosflash.iso, selected disc at once and burn speed of 2x. i have used various media Tdk 80min cdrw,digital media cdrw,verbatim dvd+rw,imation dvd+rw, and phillips cd-rs. It must be that ive made an incorrect ISO of the bios. if u could possibly post a iso that would be sweet. well another day goes by and still no evox

Statik001

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »

sorry to bother.  but would you be able to go into exactly what to press and do in UltraISO?  i got the bin file made, and downloaded UltraISO; but i just don't know the details for making the ISO.  what do i name the volume label?  does it matter?

things like that i need to know.

also, just what settings to use in UltraISO.  is the "non-bootable" designation in the "Image Dir" field all good?

stepwise instructions from someone would kick ass.

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »

Hey Tester123,

I noticed you used ultraISO to make an ISO image.  Now, I thought the XBOX can only read xISO.  So wouldnt you need to make an xISO image instead?  or is that for later...

Thanks.

BoringJ

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »

but this linux screen doesn't come up on mine, just the standard xbox dashboard, the guy demonstrated the disc booting a dvd-r so I know the chip is in, it also starts up with x-ecutor 2 or whatever under the green logo in the beginning
does this mean the cromwell bios are not flashed on my chip?
Yes it means cromwell isnt flashed on your chip
Do I do this myself?
Depends do u want to run linux ? Most likely your looking to install an evolution X dashboard if so u dont need to flash the bios just install a dashboard

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »

How big is the cromwell BIOS?  Is it possible to store the cromwell on the latter two Banks and store something like X2 on the former 2?  Id liek to run my xbox as a unix box.

Oh, and I was wondering what are the best bioses to flash.  I want to do two just in case one fails.

I've heard people using 2 versions of X2 (4976.02 and 4974), while others use 4976.02 and eVOX D.6 (Eject Fix).  Which ones do you guys prefer? And what experiences?

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2003, 05:19:00 AM »

cortXbomb you got lucky and the guy who did your install put a new bios on it already. You should probably reflash it to make it up to date. If your unsure how to do so trry and find slayers's installer 2.1 . Makes the setup easy. Good luck

cortXbomb

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »

so I can just install evox without having to reflash anything?

When I put in the evox cdrw it can't read it, and I'm sure the Xbox can read the cdrw I'm using as I tested  it with a music track and succesfully played it in the Xbox..

Maybe I'm just screwing up the evox installation, or maybe it's windows, I'll try it on a different PC and start all over again (right now I'm emulating windows on a mac)..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23