xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method  (Read 13514 times)

rlindsley

• Archived User
Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all your help. I really appreciate the advice given on this forum to get the newbies up and running!

Alas, I am still not able to get my OZXFlash disc working.

I have been working with two different CDRW formats, the Sony CDRW650, and the TDK CDRW80. Both of these CD's appear to be on the 'recommended list.'

I am using the original OZX 1.2 image downloaded from the site. I have tried writing the image directly to a disc fresh off of the spindles, as well as preparing the discs by erasing them first (by doing a full-erase) in CDRWIN.

I am burning the image in Nero. The way I do this is to launch Nero, go to the file tab and select 'burn image.' From there, I select the image I want to burn (OZXFlashcd.iso), select 'finalize CD,' set the write speed at 2x (the slowest available in Nero), and select 'track-at-once. I have also tried 'disc-at-once,' but there was no difference in the results.

On the Sony discs, I get the 'linuxboot.cfg file not found..halting'. The Xbox does not recognize the TDK discs at all, and stays on the 'Waiting for CD' message.

I have a v1.0 Xbox and a Thompson drive. The Xbox runs games fine when the chip is removed. But I am unable to find any disc/burning combo to work to flash the chip.

I have tons of experience in hacking. I have hacked my TiVo, my ReplayTV, my Nomad Jukebox, my Mac and my PC's. But nothing has been as difficult as this.

Does anybody have any other thoughts? Is there a spell I can cast or something to make this work? We're on day 6 and counting...

Thanks a lot!

Robert--

BELLeater

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2003, 01:04:00 PM »

my problem is that it reads the first disk but doesnt ask me for the 2nd and says at the bottom :Starting Linux...any suggestions? this is what my screen says:

defaulting to cd boot
booting from /dev/hdb
Cdrom: linux - cdrom
loading linuxboot.cfg from cdrom ...okay
bootconfig : kernel /vmlinuz
bootconfig : initrd /initrd.gz
bootconfig: Command init= /linuxrc root=/dev/ram0 pci= biosirq kbd-reset

loading /vmlinuz from cdrom - 5626 bytes....
loading /initrd.gz from cdrom - 4 bytes

kernel 2.420-xbox ([email protected]) #15 thu jan 9 21:12:04

(icon) (icon) (icon) (icon)

Starting Linux

smacketh79

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »

I installed everything correctly, the Bios flashed, and I saw the Blue xbox logo. Only problem now is that everytime I start up my xbox, theres just a black screen, nothing on it. Why is this happening? I tried to do the evox dash on DVD-R and it wont bring up anything on the screen. I can see a faint grey screen, but nothing else. what do I do?

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (smacketh79 @ Apr 29 2003, 05:40 AM)
I installed everything correctly, the Bios flashed, and I saw the Blue xbox logo. Only problem now is that everytime I start up my xbox, theres just a black screen, nothing on it. Why is this happening? I tried to do the evox dash on DVD-R and it wont bring up anything on the screen. I can see a faint grey screen, but nothing else. what do I do?

tester said this in his tutorial.  Make sure you use the regular A/V cable.  Dont use s-video or anything else.  that may hopefully be what your set up was.

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »

RE-posting of my earlier question:

I noticed you used ultraISO to make an ISO image. Now, I thought the XBOX can only read xISO. So wouldnt you need to make an xISO image instead?  Or does UltraISO make xISOs?  

Thanks.  can anyone help out?

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2003, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (phamtasm @ Apr 30 2003, 02:08 AM)
RE-posting of my earlier question:

I noticed you used ultraISO to make an ISO image. Now, I thought the XBOX can only read xISO. So wouldnt you need to make an xISO image instead?  Or does UltraISO make xISOs? 

Thanks.  can anyone help out?

Never use xISO... IT IS VERY BUGGY!

Yes, UltraISO will create working ISO image.

Craxtion is the BEST ISO image creator, but it's kind of hard to find.

~Tester  ph34r.gif

PM5K

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2003, 05:40:00 PM »

Yes people are still making threads about this, what's sad is when this thread is almost at the top and people still post.....

Anyhow I prefer the Pro but for those of you with the Lite this is a nice tutorial...

btoner43

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I created the 1st disc like it said, anyway it starts running linux and stops at "freeing kernal memory" or something to that effect.  What could be causing this.  Using Fujifilm cdrw, burnt at 2x, disc at once.  Jumper is off the flash protection.  Forgot to mention Lite 2.

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (tester123 @ Apr 29 2003, 08:11 PM)

~Tester  ph34r.gif

I was talking about the xbox iso image that only xbox can read.  I heard you have to make an .xiso image in order for the dvd to be read.

Anyways, I'm getting craxion right now.  Thanks.

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (phamtasm @ Apr 30 2003, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE (tester123 @ Apr 29 2003, 08:11 PM)

~Tester  ph34r.gif

I was talking about the xbox iso image that only xbox can read.  I heard you have to make an .xiso image in order for the dvd to be read.

Anyways, I'm getting craxion right now.  Thanks.

Good to hear.  laugh.gif    

~Tester  ph34r.gif

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »

Tester,

so do I  make an ISO or an XISO image?

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (phamtasm @ Apr 30 2003, 03:54 AM)
Tester,

so do I  make an ISO or an XISO image?

Make an ISO.

xISO is reffered to as an app to create ISO's for Xbox.

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »

ohmy.gif

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

I can't believe they haven't pinned this yet. tester123 is damm near famous for this thread. I go to other forums where this question is asked and almost every time the response is a link to this thread. Not that pinning this thread would help much but maybe someone would read it before posting.

rlindsley

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2003, 08:27:00 PM »

Hi Again,

I still haven't solved the problem with flashing my Xecuter2 lite on my 1.0 Thompson drive Xbox, so I'm trying one more time....

I have been working primarily with two different CDRW formats, the Sony CDRW650, and the TDK CDRW80. Both of these CD's appear to be on the 'recommended list.'  I have also tried Samsung, Imation, and Verbatim CDRW's, but none of those have worked either.

I am using the original OZXFlash 1.2 image downloaded from the site. I have tried writing the image directly to a disc fresh off of the spindles, as well as preparing the discs by erasing them first (by doing a full-erase) in CDRWIN.

I am burning the image in Nero. The way I do this is to launch Nero, go to the file tab and select 'burn image.' From there, I select the image I want to burn (OZXFlashcd.iso), select 'finalize CD,' set the write speed at 2x (the slowest available in Nero), and select 'track-at-once. I have also tried 'disc-at-once,' but there was no difference in the results.

On the Sony discs, I get the 'linuxboot.cfg file not found..halting'. The Xbox does not recognize the TDK discs at all, and stays on the 'Waiting for CD' message.

Also, I have burned music onto my Sony discs, and the Xbox plays it fine (when the chip is disabled, of course)

I have a v1.0 Xbox and a Thompson drive. The Xbox runs games fine when the chip is removed. But I am unable to find any disc/burning combo to work to flash the chip.

If anybody can solve this problem, I would worship you for all eternity!

Thanks,

Robert--
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23