xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method  (Read 13490 times)

elbowandvogues

• Archived User
Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2003, 10:07:00 PM »

So is it possible for someone to post a working image of the bios.bin. I have had no luck with creating a working 2nd disc.......please

rattlerHiPo

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

hey you guys ever heard of google? whats that? wink.gif

ddogg

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »

I just modded my X-box ver1.1 with X2Lite and when I boot up the DVD ejects like it should and I get the Xbox Logo with nothing underneath not even the M$ word or on top (No Linux blue screen) snd then it takes me to a screen that says "Please call M $ for Support"

Does this mean that the X2Lite did not come pre-flashedw ith the Cromwell 1.8? or am I doing something wrong?

By the way, I tried the Bios jumper removed and in place and get the same thing.  The jumper is on for On/off and for Bios.

If it's not pre-flashed, can I still flash it with whatever...

Please help...Thank You very much blink.gif

ddogg

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (ddogg @ May 2 2003, 03:03 AM)
I just modded my X-box ver1.1 with X2Lite and when I boot up the DVD ejects like it should and I get the Xbox Logo with nothing underneath not even the M$ word or on top (No Linux blue screen) snd then it takes me to a screen that says "Please call M $ for Support"

Does this mean that the X2Lite did not come pre-flashedw ith the Cromwell 1.8? or am I doing something wrong?

By the way, I tried the Bios jumper removed and in place and get the same thing.  The jumper is on for On/off and for Bios.

ddogg

Does it boot up with out the mod chip?

ddogg

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2003, 07:10:00 PM »

yes....it even boots up normally if I remove the ON/OFF jumper

For the record, because I read it earlier, when the modchip is installed and your looking at it....should the three jumpers be pointing toward the processor or towards the metal mesh wall?

THanks again...

ddogg

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2003, 10:35:00 PM »

I'm going to pin this thread.

It may go in "ModChip installation Questions/Problems" later on, but for now, it stays in "Newbie Chat".
beerchug.gif

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2003, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ May 2 2003, 07:28 AM)
I'm going to pin this thread.

It may go in "ModChip installation Questions/Problems" later on, but for now, it stays in "Newbie Chat".
beerchug.gif

gainpresence... You're the man!

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2003, 11:10:00 PM »

I am no longer a newbie!  thanks to this thread and many others, I got my mod up and running.

Only thing is I used the X2 Lite PLUS...and it was a nightmare....I will return with a review soon.  Oh yeah and clarifications on my earlier questions about ISO and XISOs...

Use UltraISO to burn "Linux bootable disks" - that is ultraISO creates isos that can be boot outside of the Xbox Interface.  This format is the regular iso images that, once burned, can be read by the PC.

Use xISO to burn XBOX bootable disks - xISO (the program that tester123 hated so much) burns iso's that the XBOX can boot from (within EVOX) if it includes the default.xbe file.  This format, onced burned, is only accessible to the XBOX, pcs cant detect it.

phamtasm

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2003, 12:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (ddogg @ May 1 2003, 09:03 PM)

ddogg

I had a similar problem to yours.  First check if you have the hard drive connected.  It may be that your d0 and connectors are not aligned properly.  

Oh yeah, I have an idea to give easier access to the d0 solder point.  I will be posting diagrams of it if someone is willing build it.  It is basically a medium that goes between the d0 and wire or the pogo pin.  It spreads the contact surface of the d0 to make it more accessible.  

All you need is a small pin (conductor) with a needle point and some double sided tape.

contact me: [email protected]

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2003, 01:03:00 AM »

I'm moving this to the Modchip Chat forum. It really belongs there!
beerchug.gif

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2003, 05:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (cortXbomb @ Apr 28 2003, 06:02 AM)
ok, I got a new XBOX chipped with an x-ecutor 2 lite today, installed by a shop that does this sort of thing all the time, they've chipped my DC, GCN, and PS2, never had any problems with them..

but this linux screen doesn't come up on mine, just the standard xbox dashboard, the guy demonstrated the disc booting a dvd-r so I know the chip is in, it also starts up with x-ecutor 2 or whatever under the green logo in the beginning, but it doesn't do the "You'll know you installed your x2lite correctly when you boot up, and the DVD ROM ejects automatically and the LED flashes red once, then goes back to green. That's cromwell doing its thing."..

does this mean the cromwell bios are not flashed on my chip?

Do I do this myself? or do I go back to the shop and beat some ass..

This thread has been VERY helpful, I'd have no problems doing this if my xbox ejected automatically and the LED flashed red once, then went back to green, and showed the linux screen...

mmmm well use a bit of common sene

machine boots up with XECUTER2 - plays DVDR's

what does that tell you ? smile.gif

evilways570

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2003, 06:58:00 AM »

I was working on my x2l last night, and everything seemed to install correctly  c1.8 comes up not sure  about the leds  but the tray opened . I  then got oxflash to boot and tried insttall ing the bios.bin but it was only 256k and my xbox still had c1.8 on it  when powerd back on, should my x2l have been flashed with the 256 or would the c1.8 stay on there until i convert it with  x2mb.

thanks Evil1

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2003, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (evilways570 @ May 2 2003, 03:51 PM)
I was working on my x2l last night, and everything seemed to install correctly  c1.8 comes up not sure  about the leds  but the tray opened . I  then got oxflash to boot and tried insttall ing the bios.bin but it was only 256k and my xbox still had c1.8 on it  when powerd back on, should my x2l have been flashed with the 256 or would the c1.8 stay on there until i convert it with  x2mb.

thanks Evil1

Yeah, you need a 1024k bios. OZXchip will say it's flashing it, but it's not.

Also make sure you take off your flash protection jumper.

~Tester123

ssands_15

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

can someone please clear up the confusion about the packet command error that elbowandvogues had on the 4th page, cause i'm having the same problem.

"So i thought i was home free well not quit i ran into an error when trying to flash the bios with the 2nd disc. It says

:le 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00"
hfb: packet command error:status 0x51(drive ready Seek complete
hfb: packet command error:0x50
ATAPI device hfb
ERROR: illegal request --(sense key 0x05)
(vendor --specific error) --(asc:0x81, ascq:0x00)
The failed " prevent/allow medium Removal" packet command was:
"00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00"

please ignore any insmod and/or modprobe errors.

There was a problem mounting the cd.
Trying again can help. This process will be done auto matically.

and the 4 retry request. im using the tdk 80min cdrs and have tried verbatim and imation dvd+rws also tried digital media cdrw. If anyone has a clue on how to get my dam bios flashed please HELPME...... "

this happens to me too, but the packet command error happens at the very end, right before it ejects disk 2 for the final time and is about to shut down.

ddogg

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »

I now know after doing some more reading that I have an Xbox 1.1 manfactured on 11/24/02. The LPC holes on the mobo are empty so I thought this would be a piece of cake (pogo pins would fit right in)....I now think that it's worse to have them empty rather than filled due to LPC points not making a good connection (that's my assumption)

I went through the Pogo pin install Diagram and w/X2L many times...and removed the BIOS jumper (also left it on) and I get the 2X green flash and then red/green. I removed the ON/OFF Jumper and the Xbox boots normally with M $ logo underneath green Xbox logo so I know part of it works.

Here are some questions:

1. What if the X2L did not come pre-flashed with the C1.8, would I get the X2 green flash then red/green?

2. If in fact I'm not getting a good connection on one of my LPC points, what can I do about it? I mean I have tried everything, but since the LPC holes are empty and the Pogo pins fit in, there's not much movement...I did what I could. I know I'm getting D0 due the pre-install of the X2L test (turn on after pogo pin install with just the black & read connector plugged into the X2Lite and the Xbox should flash green 2X and go red/green.

3. If I should try to scrap the Pogo Pin Install and do the regular install with soldering, What should I buy in terms of Soldering gun, solder, and etc... and is it something I can pick up at Radio Shack?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I've spent way too many days on this...

Thank You Very Much...
blink.gif
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23