xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Where Are The Problem Chips Coming From?  (Read 46 times)

getchevyn

• Archived User
Where Are The Problem Chips Coming From?
« on: March 03, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »

I am just wondering where are these latest bad batches of NME 1.2 chips are coming from.  There was a long delay from the 1st day these chips was released to the day it was shipped again. My guess is that team underdog was testing these chips before it was shipped. Perhaps a bad batch of 470 coil?  I got my chip from modchips.ca and it was installed fine. Just wondering?  If you have a good install from the latest batch of chips then post here also.

This post has been edited by getchevyn: Mar 4 2007, 06:35 AM

fl0yd

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(getchevyn @ Mar 4 2007, 05:05 AM) *

I am just wondering where are these latest bad batches of NME 1.2 chips are coming from.  There was a long delay from the 1st day these chips was released to the day it was shipped again. My guess is that team underdog was testing these chips before it was shipped. Perhaps a bad batch of 470 coil?  I got my chip from modchips.ca and it was installed fine. Just wondering?  If you have a good install from the latest batch of chips then post here also.

My order of problematic chips was from foundmy.com.

400pont

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »

I only ordered one and was from Mod-Chip.com. Made first backup of Gears Of War with an LG drive with no success. I then tried a stock Pioneer 112D with no luck. So I tried flashing my firmware in my Pioneer 112D still with no luck. I stumbled upon the fix to remove the 470 coil and everything worked fine. So now I have 3 perfectly fine backups with the original of GOW heh. Here I was thinking it was my fault making bad backups but was the NME 1.2 all along.

Am I hurting the chip in any way using a wire instead of 470 coil?

appolospb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 02:43:00 AM »

I had a NME 1.2 modchip with the 470 coil problem.  I got my modchip from "http://www.gamefreax.com" in Feb 2007.

Prince21

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »

i think i got a bad batch man got it of uk website from official team underdog site

uncl3t0m

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

I've got mine from konsolenprofis.de which is a very reliable good reseller for modchips in Germany.

I'd wrote a E-Mail to them yesterday with the whole problem and the question about any known fixes wich may have reached the resellers on some way which might not made it to public.

I hope they will respond quickly, maybe they have a clue. I think they are modding some more xboxes a day than me so they might have the same problems...