xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Iran Deadline Today 4/28/06  (Read 577 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Iran Deadline Today 4/28/06
« on: April 28, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=499233
I didn't want to bump this thread as it seems to have died off in a are you or arent you xmedia debate. sleeping.gif

Some new stuff is going on though.
http://www.dailytime...7-4-2006_pg4_15
QUOTE( Condoleezza Rice)
"the right to self-defense does not necessarily require a UN Security Council resolution.

Today, is the 28th. The dealine for Iran to halt nuclear programs.
http://www.iranfocus...hp?storyid=6862

It seems a lot of people are worried about Wii (link) when they should be worried about WWIII.

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

The Chinese just stated that they will not allow any type of sanctions towards Iran to go forward.

It seems a lot of people are worried about Wii (link) when they should be worried about WWIII.

Funny, it seems like to me that everyone is worried about peasnats that want to come here and pick fruit or anyother job we are to "lazy" to perform to keep  low agricultural prices,

AND not the two presidents of countries with nuclear arms threatening us on a daily basis.

But back to the real issue:

I AM XMEDIA

laugh.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

I think both issues are important. In politics, people can't focus on too many things at once. That is why they pick the topic that will get them the most votes and bring that one to light.
I.E. "Kerry flip-flops too much" Even if he did there were many more things that were admirable about him. But, 1 thought at a time.
QUOTE(PhatIrishBastard @ Apr 28 2006, 05:32 PM) View Post
But back to the real issue:

I AM XMEDIA

laugh.gif
Hahaha, let's see how long until that becomes the topic. biggrin.gif
You should start a thread "Who is the real XMedia?" smile.gif

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »

Look on the bright side of life, if Iran and America start lobbing nukes at each other you want have to worry about illegals.

If the US attacked Iran it would be World vs America with out a shadow of doubt.  And guess who is gonna loose?  America can no longer be taken seriously when comes to policing the world.

This post has been edited by Arvarden: Apr 29 2006, 12:43 PM

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 06:27:00 AM »

I agree in a way. Why even have the U.N. if we don't even take them seriously? In my perfect world the U.N. is the world power, not us.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Arvarden @ Apr 29 2006, 05:43 AM) View Post

And guess who is gonna loose?  America can no longer be taken seriously when comes to policing the world.

Oooh, I still think we can.  We may not do the RIGHT thing, but I think that when we get pissed off... we do something about it that attracts a lot of attention, ie: Iraq and Afghanistan.
(Maybe I misunderstood what you said).

I persoanlly don't think we'll do anything besides continue to badger them.  Look, we can't send troops there, we have too many in Iraq and still Afghanistan.  It would be too bloody a war with too many other countries fighting against us.  And Iran has some good technology in their military.  We can't fight on 3 fronts, and how many nations would back us this time?  Would it be a "coalition of the willing?"  I don't think so.

Chook

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

I'd think they would get santioned the hell out of, but no fighting.  Their leader is even more insane than bush, he has stated before that he could lead a great jihad against the west, so I have no clue what is going to happen.

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »

Yeah...the only bad thing is that a nuclear weapon would violate the rules of jihad....
The terrorists are already stretching the limits of a lesser jihad with their attacks....

A nuclear program is also incredibly expensive....Iran has some money...but i think a nuclear program would actually weaken their country.
Iranians hate Americans...no matter what happens...we arent going to openly attack Iran.  
Iranians were the ones who started calling America the "great satan".  BTW...it wasnt for religious reasons either...the USA has f*cked over Iran pretty badly in the past.  Its our fault...and for our own good...we should stay the hell away from the Iranians.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Apr 29 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

Yeah...the only bad thing is that a nuclear weapon would violate the rules of jihad....

How?
(^^ Not saying you're wrong, just curious)

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

A lesser jihad is a holy war. The rules of jihad strictly prohibit the killing of innocents....commonly referred to as collateral damage....

The attacks of Sept. 11 were justified(to those who supported them) as attacks against enemy targets.  They consider(and rightly so) our govt a corporate govt.  They therefore attacked the corporations, the govt, and the military.  They didnt fly the planes into the most populated area.....they flew the plane into specific targets.  

The recent kidnappings in Iraq and Afghanistan also are highly questionable under jihad.  Jihad requires that all prisoners are treated humanely...and beheading seems to be "inhumane".  This is one reason that we arent truly fighting a jihad....we are fighting small groups of terrorists.....

The argument that the Sept 11 attacks were free of innocent victims is hard to swallow....so the terrorists have a better blanket(if weaker) argument.  They argue that the US is a democratically elected govt.  Therefore, all of its citizens are responsible for the actions of their govt.  Therefore, if the US is your enemy....then all Americans are your enemies.....
Weaker argument----better coverage...

Its important to note at this point that Muslims do not hate Christians....at least none of the rational Muslim organizations(there are Christian groups that hate everyone else too).  Muslims in the middle-east hate America....for several reasons....but religion isnt really an issue.  Rational Muslim groups may support terrorism, and they may call for violence against the US....but they dont condemn Christianity....

Were the "infidels" because of our love of sex, violence, and money.....not because we mostly worship Christ

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

Jihad is one of the five pillars of islam. Well not really, it's considered the sixth.
Declaration of Faith,
Praying To Allah(five times a day),
Zakat In The Name Of Allah(tithe),
Fasting In The Month Of Ramadan(daylight hours only),
Pilgrimage To Mecca(visiting)
and then sort-of, Jihad

Jihad is struggle. Struggle, challenge or difficulty, (frequently) opposed effort, made either in accomplishment or resistance. It can be a struggle of personal belief, staying away from strip clubs, or self defensive.

If non muslims attack muslims, then muslims can declare jihad, but it would be strictly self-defence. You can't attack in the name of jihad. The term "holy war" is a bad translation. It should read, "struggling to preserve one's faith in allah."

Muslim extreamists use "jihad" to justify killing. Osama's attack on the states wasn't "jihad" approved. It was murder.

EDIT: ** don't confuse muslim extreamists who declare jihad, with real muslims who declare jihad. Real muslims won't murder.

BTW - on topic...
Iran agreed to allow regular U.N. inspections, but they said they will continue to enrich uranium.

This post has been edited by _iffy: Apr 30 2006, 04:40 AM

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »

Lesser Jihad-similiar to a holy war...
Greater Jihad-internal struggle with faith and the devil....

Normally when Jihad is referred to as the unofficial 6th pillar of Islam...it is referring to the general concept of religious struggle....struggle to keep one's faith...and the actual "war" jihad is a rare thing...

Osama's attack on the states wasn't "jihad" approved. It was murder.

No argument...but Osama believes that he is waging his attacks in the name of Jihad....
Most Muslim clerics would condemn Osama's actions...or at worst not condone his actions....but justifying murder is impossible in the Muslim faith....

Chook

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 03:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Apr 29 2006, 05:42 PM) View Post

The terrorists are already stretching the limits of a lesser jihad with their attacks....

A nuclear program is also incredibly expensive....Iran has some money...but i think a nuclear program would actually weaken their country.
Iranians hate Americans...no matter what happens...we arent going to openly attack Iran.  
Iranians were the ones who started calling America the "great satan".  BTW...it wasnt for religious reasons either...the USA has f*cked over Iran pretty badly in the past.  Its our fault...and for our own good...we should stay the hell away from the Iranians.

But each sect follow their own Ayatollah Cleric, and their interpertations of the Koran and Islam.  I could see a differnent interpertation of Jihad.

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

True.....but the whole interpretation of jihad allows you to kill everyone....
It would be kind of like saying that Jesus loved the rich and greedy.....

Some people might say it....but almost anyone who actually studies religion would obviously point out that Jesus does not encourage people to be rich and greedy...

Like i said earlier...the rules of Jihad are "set in stone".....the only way around them is to change your interpretation of who is innocent....you cant ignore the laws.....

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

rules of jihad may be set in stone, but they do appear to be ignored often
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5