xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Trial of alleged Xbox slayings to begin  (Read 449 times)

johnnyrico

• Archived User
Trial of alleged Xbox slayings to begin
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 05:02:00 AM »

oh my god, beaten to death with something that is intended to bring joy instead of misery.
this makes me want to vomit sad.gif  uhh.gif

smokeynerd

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

To anyone who doubts that visual media can affect certain type of behavior plese look up the word de-sensitized

Take for example--- you look at a picture of a person who had half their head blown off (very easy thanks to the internet and cameras in iraq)  If this is the first time -  you may look away , feel sick to your stomach , some people may even puke. if its the 10th time you have seen a pic like this you may still feel sick to your stomach a little bit but it is bearable. now look at 100 pictures , by the end you will hardly even flinch at the sight of gore. this is an example of de-sensitization

look at the rise in videotaped fights of schoolchildren thanks to the camera phones and advanced in technology. all of a sudden it is no big deal to see someone get their head kicked in, they probably even talk about it afterwards "man did you see that dude get ko'd "  soon they talk kids into fighting simply to upload it onto their favorite video site.

How do you think cults recruit people and make them belive , by showing them the same things over and over and over again until it becomes the norm.  

I am not anti-video game or anti-media, I am just stating facts abou the human mind and how audio visual input  can alter certain things.  

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

I wish I could become de-sensitized to spiders, wasps and daddy long legs.

I hate creepys.

grr.gif

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

Ok so just because I hit enemies over the head with a key, that means I'll go out in real life and hit somebody else over the head with a large key?

Real loonies, nutcases are more likely to do something out of the movie Hostel than to act out something from Kingdom Hearts...........The only things that AV gives them is the Idea, but still the content isnt the main culprit here, it's the person himself.  They woulda done something crazy regardless.

lonewolf210

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »

Its my personal opinion that games at an early age do have some effect. While i say that i think its much more parents to blame than video games. The ratigns are made for a reason. I mean i have met 6 year olds who are playing GTA. At that they are influential they are still learning the dofference between right and wrong. Its the parents who are fault not video games.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 04:01:00 AM »

Everything in life has a negative or positive effect when you are a youngster.  I'd say at a very early age you know the basic rights and wrongs of life, I know I did.

Pages: 1 2 [3]