xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Video Hands-On With the New Xbox Live Update and More  (Read 976 times)

ikecomp

• Archived User
Video Hands-On With the New Xbox Live Update and More
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

Where the hell is the update? If I'm not mistaken wasn't supposed to come out at the end of may?

DJCannonball

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »

i think it's comming this week,  be patience sleep.gif

shiftyfink

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

I can't wait for this update. I really like the option of turning off the auto boot.  The downloading que is also a huge bonus.

As far as killing systems... I doubt it. Although Direct TV had the guts to do it (Black Sunday).  I would see them just adding the update to new games and basically killing any chance of playing new games or going on Live.

Next.....

"But I have a right to backups...." really I just want it for a backups. B.S.  Just stop it!  I have some OLD systems (3DO, DC) and NEVER had a Factory disc die on me.   I made some "Backups" of my favorite DC games. Guess what..... the backup CD-R crapped out but the DC originals still work. You are all lying!! If you say your NOT lying, your lying about not lying. If your disc dies take it back to Wal-Mart, they will exchange it and send the "Faulty" disc back to MS. (Of course then you should also being buying your games there too). If it looks like a Pirate and Smells like a Pirate.... well maybe its just a "Backup" of that pirate.

Next....

But I want to run my Homebrew code. I have a right! This one just kills me. Most homebrew code is hacks of other code to run on a system that no one in there right mind would ever care to play anyway.  "Hey look you can play Space Invaders on a 360" Ummm, yeah.... so what?  If you are good at coding then get a dev kit and make some $$ doing it.  By the way.... you do not have the right.

MS is smart.  They have made LIVE so good that having a Hacked 360 that can't go online is worthless.  That will always be the case (unless someone gets the "key", and that aint happening).  LIVE is actually what actually takes Video Games to that next level and makes games an absolute blast to play.  

billy_dimashq

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2006, 02:51:00 AM »

agreed, shifty, but the thing is you'll just fuel further lame posts about how 'OMG' it's gonna be when 'Microshit' bans haxXxor'd 360's!

pretty much the only posts regarding the actual update are ones that keep quoting first post in it's entirety, then say 'wow i can't wait for this!'

gotta love forums, eh?

NeoDarkSaver

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Infamous @ May 27 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post

actually it is legal here to do it... as long as you have only backups of your own games.. then yes, it would be illegal for M$ to kill your system.

Well, MS won'tkill ur system, all they need is a patch that makes you can't run backups anymore...

thingonaspring

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

Debating this is all a bit pointless. We're all just guessing.

Let's just wait for some brave soul to log into live with a hacked firmware and updated dashboard and see what happens.

If nothing bad happens on this update, it will be no guarantee that it won't on the next update, or the one after that.

Personally, I don't want to see piracy on the 360, I want homebrew (XBMC :-) - even at the expense of losing all access to xbox live. The DVD firmware hack is just a really useful step toward that goal.

ps2martin

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2007, 02:21:00 AM »

I know this topic is dead already, but a friend of mine got banned about a week ago. He didnt call the costumors service but he asumed it might have had something to do with playing backups online...

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »

Don't gravedig old worthless posts.  Your friend probably did something dumb to get himself banned.

Closing this before it turns into a stupid speculation thread.

CLOSED
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]