xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: As Promised....  (Read 280 times)

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« on: May 30, 2003, 01:33:00 AM »

Alright, most of you will remember talks last week of me making an open-source program to out-do the xbox game size editor.  Well, the program is done, and is on the xbox-scene.com front page, ready for download.

Let me know what you think of it, along with any problems you find, and suggestions for further improvement.

Note:  the link on the front page is the program with the ripped game info removed from it, by request from Iriez.  If you would like to have the ripped game data available, download the non-censored version here:

http://www.boomster.net/XBData/XGamer.exe

keep i mind that no ripped game sizes are currently available.  All is unkown information.  The database for this program is powered by the user.  The user submits information they know which is added to the online database, and then everyone can use it.

So submit any games or game sizes you know by clicking on the "game/data submit" button.

hope to hear from you.  If you're interested in the programs source, let me know.  it is available under condition open-source.  conditions are:

1)  I always controls what the startup page that loads is
2)  I am given credit for the code that I wrote

Simple as that.  The program is in VB, but the code is, well, 'messy.'   it's a way that only I would understand it.  but still would be nice if anyone wanted to attempt it.  I think it's somewhere around 30 pages of code.

This post has been edited by ArMaGeDdOn: May 30 2003, 08:36 AM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 08:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (ArMaGeDdOn @ May 30 2003, 10:33 AM)
Alright, most of you will remember talks last week of me making an open-source program to out-do the xbox game size editor.  Well, the program is done, and is on the xbox-scene.com front page, ready for download.

Let me know what you think of it, along with any problems you find, and suggestions for further improvement.

Note:  the link on the front page is the program with the ripped game info removed from it, by request from Iriez.  If you would like to have the ripped game data available, download the non-censored version here:

http://www.boomster....Data/XGamer.exe

keep i mind that no ripped game sizes are currently available.  All is unkown information.  The database for this program is powered by the user.  The user submits information they know which is added to the online database, and then everyone can use it.

So submit any games or game sizes you know by clicking on the "game/data submit" button.

hope to hear from you.  If you're interested in the programs source, let me know.  it is available under condition open-source.  conditions are:

1)  I always controls what the startup page that loads is
2)  I am given credit for the code that I wrote

Simple as that.  The program is in VB, but the code is, well, 'messy.'   it's a way that only I would understand it.  but still would be nice if anyone wanted to attempt it.  I think it's somewhere around 30 pages of code.

Killer app!I must say this is truely cool being able to look at the screeenshots and stuff, only question is why are there so little games?Couldn't you use the list from the forums to get more game sizes? Love the media size thing!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 09:46:00 AM »

Now we just need to add the ability to fetch the screenshots or perhaps even preview videos for use with Media X Menu when it's the dash or DVD menu.

Hmmmm... something like this would also be nice to tie in with Craxtion to help assemble multi-game discs, as well.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 09:58:00 AM »

Bah....i hate when people move my threads....

This post has been edited by ArMaGeDdOn: May 30 2003, 04:58 PM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (ArMaGeDdOn @ May 30 2003, 06:58 PM)
Bah....i hate when people move my threads....

Where it get moved from?
Also isn't there any way to import the game lists from the other xbox list app seeing as you can export it uncrypted

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2003, 10:28:00 AM »

I didn't work on the database much because this is an open-source project that is powered by the users.  When someone submits a game, their name will show up in the program when someone clicks on that game, and the user has an option of emailing that person.

Anyways, I added the game you submitted to the online database.  Some features i'm working on right now are:

*showing who submitted each game (data is currently store for this, but not showing anything)
*telling you how many/what games have been added to the list when you perform an update
*checking for a database update.  if available, it will notify you.

If anyone has other suggestions, let me know.

This post has been edited by ArMaGeDdOn: May 30 2003, 05:29 PM

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »

You can't insert data from other programs of this type, because this program carries more information, and is encrypted differently.  Even if you could import other databases, they would get wiped out the next time you updated your database.

It's a good program, and after a little while when we get everything working, and adding some more features, it will be great.

I wanted to put links to videos for the games, but you would need a gamespot account (basic, free) to view them.

This post has been edited by ArMaGeDdOn: May 30 2003, 06:18 PM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (ArMaGeDdOn @ May 30 2003, 07:29 PM)
You can't insert data from other programs of this type, because this program carries more information, and is encrypted differently.  Even if you could import other databases, they would get wiped out the next time you updated your database.

It's a good program, and after a little while when we get everything working, and adding some more features, it will be great.

I wanted to put links to videos for the games, but you would need a gamespot account (basic, free) to view them.

ahhh i get it, so i better start adding games to the database then   biggrin.gif  is there anyway to do multiple adds as this would be alot quicker!

And the videos thing, i think that is a great idea, why not use IGN if you don't feel signing up to gamestop is simplistic enough?

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2003, 11:18:00 AM »

i'll have to look into it....gamespot just has a better per-game section (reviews, rating, pictures, etc...)

This post has been edited by ArMaGeDdOn: May 30 2003, 06:18 PM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (ArMaGeDdOn @ May 30 2003, 08:18 PM)
i'll have to look into it....gamespot just has a better per-game section (reviews, rating, pictures, etc...)

I haven't ever checked out gamespot, i always thought the signing up thing cost money, maybe i'll look into investing if it really is that good!

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2003, 12:27:00 PM »

Just thought I'd say thanks to 'Sugartooth' for adding about 20 new games to the online database.  They will be added shortly, so all can enjoy it.

This post has been edited by ArMaGeDdOn: May 30 2003, 07:27 PM

Megadeth

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2003, 12:24:00 AM »

Hey just wanted to say that the program rocks. Any chance that maybe next version we can resize the windows so we can use up more of the blank area.  

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2003, 06:08:00 AM »

Well, it's made to fit on 800x600 users screens.  I 'Could' make a 1024x768 version.  what would you like, for the browser to be bigger, right?

btw, some things I added to the program right now:

- auto check for updates.  if exist, notify user.  also tells user how many new games have been added.  so for example, you start the program, and a popup comes "18 new games in database.  would you like to download now?"

well, that's really 2 things together (game count, and auto-checking).

features  i'm working on:

- broadcasting.  want to add a feature where on initial start of the program, I can send a message to everyone.  (ie. "a bug that the program to crash has now been removed.  please download the latest version of the program.")

- showing submitters names and emails, respectively, by each game that they submit.  see the "submitted by:  (enter) "ArMaGeDdOn""?  Well, that should change to show each submitter.  2 people have done a great job of adding to the program.  They are Sugartooth (i think) and Merlinluv.  together they added some 60 games to the program in just one day.  I think they'd love for this feature to be completed, so they would get the attention they deserve.  Thanks guys.

you know, i 'could' technically make a button that when you press it, all items on the program resize/move to locations that would fit a 1024x768 screen.  it would be much better than separate programs for different screen resolutions.

anyways, let me know what you think.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2003, 07:17:00 AM »

No matter what i do i can't get a membership to view the videos for free, are you sure you can? If so how?

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2003, 10:15:00 AM »

my mistake....it's only for some of the videos.  sorry bout that.  guess that idea's out.  i was going to add a wm9 component to it for watching demos of games, but no go.  tongue.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 4