xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: As Promised....  (Read 282 times)

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »

wink.gif

Download X-Gamer v1.1

Would like some info on crashes/etc. before I post it up.  Please test, and report here.  wink.gif

skoob66

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »

uhh.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »

wink.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (ArMaGeDdOn @ Jun 5 2003, 01:29 AM)
ok, here's the unofficial link to v1.1  wink.gif

Download X-Gamer v1.1

Would like some info on crashes/etc. before I post it up.  Please test, and report here.  wink.gif

The link doesn't work  dry.gif and about the IGN thing i meant a link to the videos for the game...That would be so damned ace...takes me agest to sift through pages to find the vids i want!

marf

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »

is it safe to install this over top of previous versions?  When I click the 'update database' button nothing happens.  It used to restart when it was updated.  My list stands at 118 games is this correct?

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »

marf, yes.  I haven't added your submissions to the list.  sorry.  will do that sometime today.  i'm boggled by all the problems the program is said to have in v1.1.  it's surprising because it works so well on my pc here.

for some people, when they first run register.exe the program then works, but one person said even after running that it wouldn't work.

kind of at a crisis point at the moment.

skoob66

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »

Yup, It works after I ran 'register.exe'. This program rocks!  Now if you can add SORT in "My games", it would make it much better.

hnsa202

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2003, 08:35:00 PM »

good job - it's an awesome app. I would be great if you'd convert this app to a true xbox game database with offline browsing capabilities etc. Similar to movie database programs where all game data stored locally - ratings, size, publisher, developer, review etc...

Check this app:

http://www.collectorz.com/movie/

Tell me what you think.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2003, 02:22:00 AM »

I am like *uh* for v1.1  

I mean, I was excited with all the new features, but so many people having problems with it, and they're things I can't explain.  I'm going to have to do some beta testing.

marf

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2003, 01:10:00 PM »

No problems here for 1.1 (i am still getting the marf msg box at startup though).  I do have a question for the community though.  Are you people gonna be ok with me adding games based on sizes that are on my hdd even though there are discrepencies with sizes.  For instance,  Enter the Matrix registers in the current database as 5.3 GB however when i query the size it occupies on the Xbox HDD i get 4.77 GB.  So what is this a database of?? games on HDD or games on DVD?  If it is a DVD size database (which i think it should be because of the multigame dvd tools that are available) then how do i convert my xbox hdd games to dvd size so i can add my 30 plus games that aren't on the list?  Anyone got a formula??

thanks for the help

Megadeth

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

I just installed the v1.1 and it worked after I used the register.exe. The program is getting better each time. I can't wait till the final v1.1 is released.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »

wink.gif

So, please submit all ideas for improvement here.

marf

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »

wink.gif

these are just a few suggestions/comments.  Keep up the good work and i hope to see the rest of the games i submitted up there soon so i can complete my list smile.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

tongue.gif  It makes sure you don't have duplpicates.  Though....i guess when you load your list it should first clear the list.....

As for export to txt file, why would you want todo that?  to give to someone?  well there's an 'email to friend' option that exports it to a txt file and emails it to your friend.  that was recommended by SlAyEr...or some other caps/non-caps formation of it.  and that is exactly what is causing all these program problems.  tongue.gif

I could stretch the 'MyGames' list down by maybe 2 centimeters, but that's it.  Other that that i'd have to shorten the browser, which is something everyone likes.  wink.gif

I 'really' don't know about scrolling down when you add a game though....unless i told the program to select the game you just added on the 'MyGames' list, therefore, having the program scrolldown.  the scroll back up thing is standard VB...nothing that I did/didn't.  But as I said, i could tell it to select your last added game.

Uhmm...yeah, all good suggestions.  KEep them coming.  wink.gif

Megadeth

• Archived User
As Promised....
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

ArMaGeDdOn when will the complete v1.1 with the register fix be done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4